Gov. Brown

From the article:

"The budget is "roughly in balance," said Legislative Analyst Mac Taylor. The governor's focus on fiscal restraint "is really critical because we still face a lot of risk," including whether Congress can come to agreement on raising the national debt ceiling."

This isn't rocket science folks. If Obama can't print another trillion dollars out of thin air, California is toast.

gov. brown has done quite well for CA this time around. perhaps it is because he can't run again...

a few weeks ago i was "reading" a magazine i was delivering that had on the cover...."Gov. Brown Goes It Alone"......it said he, just like the Governors before him, have a Legislature that does not like to be told what to do....so he is being opposed on many of his proposals even by his fellow Democrats....so apparently he has said fuck this shit.....we need to do things,and do it now....and if some Legislatures are pissed because something is being cut that they dont want cut.....too bad.....so he is doing what Arnold did not do.....Govern.....and letting these people know.....he is in charge not them....and until he folds,even though i dont think he will......i back him on many of his ideas....many i dont....but so far he aint folding like Arnie did.....at this point in Arnies term.....he was in their pockets and was powerless.....

Agreed. Jerry Brown has always been a fiscal realist/conservative. And I always appreciated the way he cut his own path and did his own thinking regardless of party politics. To this day he's the only politician I've ever donated money to.

It's fiction. It doesn't properly account for pension obligations.

It's about the deficit, not the long term debt.

Pension reform is on the table and changing all around the state.

With all respect, Wry...how can you talk intelligently about deficits and not include long term debts into the the equation? Do those pension obligations not exist?

Brown has been as much of a disaster this time as last time. Probably because he never stopped blowing coke.

I expect a California legislative analyst to commend him, after all the analyst wants to keep his job.

you live in this State Katz and you have once again proven how full of shit you are.....when Brown came in the Unemployment here was 10.8%....now its 9.8%.....we have many infrastructure jobs here in OC that has started since he took over.....and there already was a few going from Measure M which started back in 91-92....(and was renewed in 05-06).....gezus give credit where credit is due.....dont be a hack....

California is going the way of Stockton and San Bernardino, into bankruptcy. The unemployment rate has dipped not because more people have found jobs, but because more people have left the state. Companies are pouring out of California, and low or non skilled illegals are pouring in. There are infrastructure jobs. Paid for by a dwindling tax base. Paid for with borrowed money. Are there jobs that actually produce something? No. In fact, we have democrat Kamala Harris who ran a campaign on forcing businesses out of the state and won. So she's certainly doing it. Last year 254 companies left California. Then Brown slapped on new taxes. If he keeps going, we might break 300 companies leaving for this year. Are there 300 companies left? Even Silicon Valley is moving the bulk of its operations out. Now that companies have left, the workforce is following them. I'd say something equally bad about our Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsome but he hasn't done anything. Presumably he's out banging the wives of his staff just like he did when he was Mayor of San Francisco.

There was an interesting news report on the radio about California. The majority of babies born in California are born to mothers on MediCal. The number of babies born to mothers not on Medi Cal has dropped dramatically. If we end up like Greece we will be lucky, because we are on our way to being Cartegena instead.

Brown has been as much of a disaster this time as last time. Probably because he never stopped blowing coke.

I expect a California legislative analyst to commend him, after all the analyst wants to keep his job.

you live in this State Katz and you have once again proven how full of shit you are.....when Brown came in the Unemployment here was 10.8%....now its 9.8%.....we have many infrastructure jobs here in OC that has started since he took over.....and there already was a few going from Measure M which started back in 91-92....(and was renewed in 05-06).....gezus give credit where credit is due.....dont be a hack....

California is going the way of Stockton and San Bernardino, into bankruptcy. The unemployment rate has dipped not because more people have found jobs, but because more people have left the state. Companies are pouring out of California, and low or non skilled illegals are pouring in. There are infrastructure jobs. Paid for by a dwindling tax base. Paid for with borrowed money. Are there jobs that actually produce something? No. In fact, we have democrat Kamala Harris who ran a campaign on forcing businesses out of the state and won. So she's certainly doing it. Last year 254 companies left California. Then Brown slapped on new taxes. If he keeps going, we might break 300 companies leaving for this year. Are there 300 companies left? Even Silicon Valley is moving the bulk of its operations out. Now that companies have left, the workforce is following them. I'd say something equally bad about our Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsome but he hasn't done anything. Presumably he's out banging the wives of his staff just like he did when he was Mayor of San Francisco.

There was an interesting news report on the radio about California. The majority of babies born in California are born to mothers on MediCal. The number of babies born to mothers not on Medi Cal has dropped dramatically. If we end up like Greece we will be lucky, because we are on our way to being Cartegena instead.

The unemployment rate has dipped not because more people have found jobs, but because more people have left the state.

i deliver Unemployment checks......and it has gone down pretty much because those people have found jobs here not in some other State.....

Katz your just going to be a hard nose Republican on this......i agree this State is fucked up and i will be leaving myself pretty soon.....but if something happens that is positive dont be a hack and say it isnt just because im pissed.....Brown will be harder nose towards the Legislature then Arnie or Davis ever were....

Brown is a master of expediency, sacrificing long term benefits for short term gains. The last time he was Governor, he canceled every road building project in the State. As a result, California has the worst traffic congestion in the U.S. But don't let that spoil your love fest...

Brown is the same freak now as he wad in the 70s when he said the problem in California was that too many people are working.

Katz your just going to be a hard nose Republican on this......i agree this State is fucked up and i will be leaving myself pretty soon.....but if something happens that is positive dont be a hack and say it isnt just because im pissed.....Brown will be harder nose towards the Legislature then Arnie or Davis ever were....

Harry is correct. Jerry Brown may be a lot of things but one thing he isn't is spineless.

Brown is a master of expediency, sacrificing long term benefits for short term gains. The last time he was Governor, he canceled every road building project in the State. As a result, California has the worst traffic congestion in the U.S. But don't let that spoil your love fest...

Ever lived in SoCal? Ever notice that if you're going from here to a spot three-quarters of a mile away, the way to go is get in your car and take the freeway?

Think that mentality might be a factor?

Why do you think the ongoing SNL skit "The Californians" constantly obsesses about highway routes? Parody is based on reality.

can you back that up?......i was always under the impression that the great majority of Cals infrastructure was started in the 50's and went heavy in the 60;s and ended in the first half of the 70's.....so by the time Brown got in most was done and fairly new.....there wasnt much for him to stop as you say he did....anyway i could not find him doing what you said he did.......but dont worry Truth "matters" said the same thing about Gov. Wilson and i showed her how she was full of shit by showing her measure M which started when Wilson took office and lasted past his term here in O.C.........

can you back that up?......i was always under the impression that the great majority of Cals infrastructure was started in the 50's and went heavy in the 60;s and ended in the first half of the 70's.....so by the time Brown got in most was done and fairly new.....there wasnt much for him to stop as you say he did....anyway i could not find him doing what you said he did.......but dont worry Truth "matters" said the same thing about Gov. Wilson and i showed her how she was full of shit by showing her measure M which started when Wilson took office and lasted past his term here in O.C.........

i guess not.....

i guess not.....

Look up Adriana Gianturco, Brown's Secretary of Transportation. Then get back to me.:eusa_angel:

It's fiction. It doesn't properly account for pension obligations.

It's about the deficit, not the long term debt.

Pension reform is on the table and changing all around the state.

And it's bogus accounting. A properly calculated GAAP accounting compliant deficit calculation would include the impact of full accruals for annual addition to pension obligations.

i guess not.....

Look up Adriana Gianturco, Brown's Secretary of Transportation. Then get back to me.:eusa_angel:

this woman was the one who tried to get Diamond lanes on the freeways instead of new freeways.....she was not to popular with anyone including the people of the State....not to many back then backed her ideas...many wanted her fired......so it wasnt just Brown.....and the freeways we have right now with those lanes in them?......i dont see where they do anything to help with the congestion.....at rush hour they are still backed up......but looking at her google entries i still dont see anywhere that Brown did what you said HE did.....which is stop all highway construction....if you have it i would love to see it...

this is from a sight called Congestion Relief.....

Adriana Gianturco
Gianturco's tenure provides Brown's GOP opponent ample material to illustrate her lethal combination of incompetence and autocratic manner which thoroughly demoralized the work-force within the department. Her lasting damage to California, however, was not the internal chaos she fostered, but rather the utterly failed "diamond lane" experiment. Like her boss, Gianturco tended to fall captive to every passing liberal "cause du jour." In transportation, it was "diamond lanes" — those very expensive, under-utilized special lanes that punish motorists for the sin of daring to drive alone. Gianturco, strongly backed by Brown, forced those on California's unwilling motorists, and those abominations remain with us today.

there you have it....

i guess not.....

this woman was the one who tried to get Diamond lanes on the freeways instead of new freeways.....she was not to popular with anyone including the people of the State....not to many back then backed her ideas...many wanted her fired......so it wasnt just Brown.....and the freeways we have right now with those lanes in them?......i dont see where they do anything to help with the congestion.....at rush hour they are still backed up......but looking at her google entries i still dont see anywhere that Brown did what you said HE did.....which is stop all highway construction....if you have it i would love to see it...

Adriana Gianturco
Gianturco's tenure provides Brown's GOP opponent ample material to illustrate her lethal combination of incompetence and autocratic manner which thoroughly demoralized the work-force within the department. Her lasting damage to California, however, was not the internal chaos she fostered, but rather the utterly failed "diamond lane" experiment. Like her boss, Gianturco tended to fall captive to every passing liberal "cause du jour." In transportation, it was "diamond lanes" — those very expensive, under-utilized special lanes that punish motorists for the sin of daring to drive alone. Gianturco, strongly backed by Brown, forced those on California's unwilling motorists, and those abominations remain with us today.

there you have it....

I think it's a grossly illegitimate debate tactic to lay a point down and then tell your adversary to look it up. That's bullshit. Either you're in the game or you're not.

Not sure what the issue with diamond lanes is here. I see them in cities all over the country to this day, so if they're an "abomination", there are a lot of cities unaware of that...

this whole thing came about because of Prop 13......which was something that had good intentions but future problems as well...basically revenue.....so it wasnt Brown just saying the hell with infrastructure as i think your implying....thats why it was a 4 year moratorium....and besides.....the City of Bakersfield fought against the highway for 25 years after the moratorium.......

Adriana Gianturco

there you have it....

I think it's a grossly illegitimate debate tactic to lay a point down and then tell your adversary to look it up. That's bullshit. Either you're in the game or you're not.

Not sure what the issue with diamond lanes is here. I see them in cities all over the country to this day, so if they're an "abomination", there are a lot of cities unaware of that...

The Diamond lanes in Sacramento are what the entire state should use as a model. During rush hours morning/afternoon they are used for multiple passengers. The rest of the day they are just another lane.
LA/OC, they are a Diamond lane all day long, and the other lanes just remain congested.

You missed my last post. Brown imposed a moratorium on freeway construction because of ideology, not Prop. 13.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back