Got this update on my phone this morning...

"Dow is set to plunge nearly 500 points as China announces new tariffs today".

Thank you President Trump...glad I am still more than a decade away from retirement, though that may not be enough time to undo the damage this moron will do.

Im looking forward to it crashing to about 5000. Pick up some good bets for pennies on the dollar.

So, you're rooting for a world wide depression?
That wouldn't cause a depression. :slap:

The market went down like that in the 90s and I don't remember it causing a depression.

From a high of roughtly 25k to 5k? The market lost 80% of it's value in the 90s? That's quite a claim, some would call that a fucking lie.

Although I highly doubt if you've learned anything.

That is because there is nothing a moron could teach me. Stick your head back up Trump's ass and wait for the next talking points email
ohhhh...that will teach me! ...dumbass

Please shut the fuck up, your little pea-brain insults have failed you.

LOL...you and your sister can piss off.

But do tell, what has Trump done for the stock market in 2018?

Made it "low energy".

Make America Scrape Again!

I'd rather a steady incline like under Obama did, than erratic.
Sorry, Trump isn't a crook like Obama.
He's not gonna bribe the fed chairman into lowering interest rates and he's not gonna use Quantitative Easing to artificially prop up the markets.

Trump isn’t a crook??? Talk about wilful blindness.

Trump is the most corrupt President since Warren Harding. Trump and his cabinet have their hands directly in the public purse and are helping themselves to travel and perks.

Just look at the corruption of Scott Pruitt and his $50 a night condo rental from a lobbyist. Or his trip to the Middle East to sell liquified gas - for the owners of that condo. That’s the Energy Secretary’s job, not the head of the EPA.

Or the number of Cabinet members using private jets and military planes for travel.

Trump has refused to divest himself of his business, which he promised he would do, or even put it in a blind trust. He’s profiting by selling crap with the Presidential seal on it, billing the White House for his travel to his resort properties every weekend, and keeping Melania in New York for months.

Trump promised to work to make Americans rich. The only people he’s making richer are his family and billionaire cronies.

Trump promised to make Americans rich?
I don't remember him saying that.

Thank you President Trump...glad I am still more than a decade away from retirement, though that may not be enough time to undo the damage this moron will do.

Im looking forward to it crashing to about 5000. Pick up some good bets for pennies on the dollar.

So, you're rooting for a world wide depression?
That wouldn't cause a depression. :slap:

The market went down like that in the 90s and I don't remember it causing a depression.

From a high of roughtly 25k to 5k? The market lost 80% of it's value in the 90s? That's quite a claim, some would call that a fucking lie.
OH, I thought he said drop 5000
My mistake.

All one has to do is look at the numbers.

We've gone essentially sideways since late November. That's usually known as consolidation, as the market decides where it will go next.

The breakout from this period will probably (probably, I said) depend on the strength and trajectory of current and projected corporate earnings, not the hopes and wishes of transparent hardcore partisan ideologues ignorantly trying to assign short term ups and downs to political matters.

Silly.

We've gone essentially sideways since late November. That's usually known as consolidation, as the market decides where it will go next.

The breakout from this period will probably (probably, I said) depend on the strength and trajectory of current and projected corporate earnings, not the hopes and wishes of transparent hardcore partisan ideologues ignorantly trying to assign short term ups and downs to political matters.

Silly.

Oh good, I feel much better that the market going down as we get closer to a trade war with China is only a coincidence.

Silly.

Oh good, I feel much better that the market going down as we get closer to a trade war with China is only a coincidence.
Glad I could help.

Silly.

Glad I could help.

So, what sort of impact has talks of a trade war had on the market?

Silly.

Translation: "We've lost everything that had been gained since late November".

And it hasn't been "consolidation" but rather volatile mood swings. Stop me if that reminds you of anybody who's you know, unstable and given to emotional meltdowns.

Silly.

Glad I could help.

Uncertainty is negative in the short term, especially when the market is as highly valued as it is. Ultimately the market is driven by the same old thing: Earnings.

Of course, anyone paying attention (and who is honest) realizes that this is most likely Trump's and China's very public version of economic negotiation. So, obviously, there's a long way to go and no one knows what will happen.

The consolidation has held since late November. Anyone who wants to point at one or two reasons, especially political reasons, for short term swings is ignorant of how markets work.

Last edited:

Silly.

Glad I could help.

Uncertainty is negative in the short term, especially when the market is as highly valued as it is. Ultimately the market is driven by the same old thing: Earnings.

Of course, anyone paying attention (and who is honest) realizes that this is most likely Trump's and China's very public version of economic negotiation. So, obviously, there's a long way to go and no one knows what will happen.

The consolidation has held since late November. Anyone who wants to point at one or two reasons, especially political reasons, for short term swings is ignorant of how markets work.

You're a moving target, how convenient.

Silly.

Glad I could help.

You asked, I answered.

I know how you'd like to keep this nice and simple, but it isn't. This is the way it actually works.

Markets are a moving target.

Regardless, I'd never try to convince someone like you of anything.

As the DOW is still up 20% since Trump took office, if you haven't made money, then it looks like the problem is your investment choices.

I sold nearly everything I had end of January when Agent Orange started yammering about this stupidity.

Would have lost at least ten grand if I hadn't.

Sad :(

Glad I could help.

You asked, I answered.

I know how you'd like to keep this nice and simple, but it isn't. This is the way it actually works.

You agreed with the statement that it was only a coincidence that the market dropped around the same time as this trade war builds and then when asked further about it you change your story.

Nobody said it was simple or other factors don't come into play, you're letting your own version of bias get in the way again.

I sold nearly everything I had end of January when Agent Orange started yammering about this stupidity.

Would have lost at least ten grand if I hadn't.

Sad :(

If you sold everything at the end of January 2018, then you must have done quite well based on market performance during Trump's first year.

Just sayin'.

And here we go again. Short term moves in the stock market as political ammo.

A 3,000 point dump since the end of January is hardly what can be defined as "short term".

Looks more like a trend with a madman in the Oval.

He doesn't want to admit that Trump had any impact on the stock market unless forced to do so.

Glad I could help.

You asked, I answered.

You agreed with the statement that it was only a coincidence that the market dropped around the same time as this trade war builds and then when asked further about it you change your story.

Nobody said it was simple or other factors don't come into play, you're letting your own version of bias get in the way again.
Then blame Trump for everything bad, and give Obama credit for everything good.

Your right wing counterparts/mirror images will do the exact opposite, of course.

Since this is my profession, I can't just play politics. I have to take it seriously.

And here we go again. Short term moves in the stock market as political ammo.

A 3,000 point dump since the end of January is hardly what can be defined as "short term".

Looks more like a trend with a madman in the Oval.
Yes, three months is short term, in investing. So is six. And twelve.

I can't help that you don't know that.

Forum List

Back