Got any pictures?

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Got any pictures of your military service?

This is me, on my last helicopter ride back to Danang, South Vietnam in August, 1971. Within less than a week, I would be in a college classroom. Talk about culture shock!

SHORT!

Attachments

• $last flight-1971.JPG
    $last flight-1971.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

This is me, on my last helicopter ride back to Danang, South Vietnam in August, 1971. Within less than a week, I would be in a college classroom. Talk about culture shock!

SHORT!

Were they calling you baby killer at the college? One of my good friends told me when he got back the first guy that called him baby killer he knocked on his ass. And said, "I do men too, get up if you want to find out how. The chump lay there bleeding until my friend walked away. I always got a big kick out of that.

SHORT!

Were they calling you baby killer at the college? One of my good friends told me when he got back the first guy that called him baby killer he knocked on his ass. And said, "I do men too, get up if you want to find out how. The chump lay there bleeding until my friend walked away. I always got a big kick out of that.

No, nothing like that in Oklahoma. I remember some dirty looks, but nothing overt. The more typical response to Veteran's on campus was apathy. Oddly, no body called me a baby killer until I joined the Army Reserve unit down the street a couple of years later.

SHORT!

No, nothing like that in Oklahoma. I remember some dirty looks, but nothing overt. The more typical response to Veteran's on campus was apathy. Oddly, no body called me a baby killer until I joined the Army Reserve unit down the street a couple of years later.

I guess some locations had far less vocal opposition to the war. Far less radical, leftist, hippie types etc. When I saw people treating our returning military men in such a rude way I made sure I went over and loudly thanked the man for his service for all the asshats to hear. Damn , always wanted one of them to then say that shat to me. Never happened...

Great pics. How do y'all post them like that? The only way I know to do it is as an attachment, like the one I did above.

9thID: Your pics make me glad I got off armor when I left Germany. I've changed tracks before and it was no fun in good terrain.

Great pics. How do y'all post them like that? The only way I know to do it is as an attachment, like the one I did above.

9thID: Your pics make me glad I got off armor when I left Germany. I've changed tracks before and it was no fun in good terrain.

I use a host site-photobucket-which lists a "Img" code for the pics. I can just copy and paste it onto the quick reply box.

Unfortuneately, just having to change a track was a good day.

40304_139405762761791_100000771042417_168233_2216786_n-1.jpg

Forum List

Back