5 Nuclear Carriers Into Harbor For “Routine” (?) Inspections

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
lincoln.jpg

5 nuclear carriers into harbor for “routine” (?) inspections…
5 Nuclear Carriers Into Harbor For ?Routine? (?) Inspections??This Is Definitely A Problem? |

Oh, good grief.

Obama ordered them into port to set them up for a missile attack? You can't be serious.

You loony Nutter's are losing your grip on reality.

This is beyond stupid.

For one thing the The Enterprise was just retired and is in the process of being dismantled, how is that considered routine maintenance?

Another thing this isn't current, it was from mid December. Here is an article from Dec 20 Home for Christmas: 9 Flattops at Norfolk

Five aircraft carriers, four big-deck amphibious assault ships, a full cast of “small boy” surface warships, along with nuclear submarines and support ships, are crowding the base, giving a comfortably snug feeling to the waterfront. Similar scenes — although not with the gathering of flattops seen here — are taking place at other fleet concentration areas like San Diego and Pearl Harbor.

The Navy makes a point of trying to gives its shipboard crews a chance to spend Christmas with their families, and for a few days the percentage of ships underway drops to the lowest point it will be all year. But many of these ships will be gone in two weeks as the pace of operations picks up again.

Home-10-US-VA-Norfolk-20121219-N-TB177-836.jpg

"Woodward: Obama guilty of 'madness'

By DYLAN BYERS |
2/27/13 8:04 AM EST

The Washington Post’s Bob Woodward attacked President Obama on Wednesday, saying the commander-in-chief’s decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier because of budget cuts is “a kind of madness," my colleague Kevin Robillard reports.

“Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying ‘Oh, by the way, I can’t do this because of some budget document?’” Woodward said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “Or George W. Bush saying, ‘You know, I’m not going to invade Iraq because I can’t get the aircraft carriers I need’ or even Bill Clinton saying, ‘You know, I’m not going to attack Saddam Hussein’s intelligence headquarters,’ as he did when Clinton was president because of some budget document?”

I can’t do what I need to do to protect the country. That’s a kind of madness that I haven’t seen in a long time.”
Woodward: Obama guilty of 'madness' - POLITICO.com

Forum List

Back