Got any pictures?

025916.jpg

026510.jpg

Is that the Forrestal? If so, I knew a guy killed on it. I tried to date his sister.

Great pics. How do y'all post them like that? The only way I know to do it is as an attachment, like the one I did above.

9thID: Your pics make me glad I got off armor when I left Germany. I've changed tracks before and it was no fun in good terrain.

I use a host site-photobucket-which lists a "Img" code for the pics. I can just copy and paste it onto the quick reply box.

Unfortuneately, just having to change a track was a good day.

40304_139405762761791_100000771042417_168233_2216786_n-1.jpg

Thanks. I just keep mine in my computer. Click on them and they'll get bigger.

We ground pounders had our bad days too. This is a picture I took after I'd managed to extract myself from the mud in the middle of a "warm" LZ. When I jumped off the chopper, I broke through the matted grass and buried up to my armpits. Worse, I was carrying a sand bag full of grenades and that was all I had to hide behind until the next lift came in. I tripped the first guy out of a chopper which nearly landed on me and wouldn't let go until he helped me out.

This was somewhere west of Chu Lai, in the area around LZ Mary Ann.

Attachments

• $scan0017.jpg
    $scan0017.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 61
Setting up an MA on an old railroad track bed in Antenna Valley.

Anybody know what an MA is?

Attachments

• $scan0026.jpg
    $scan0026.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 57
My hootch mate and I in the Thein Phouc area.

Attachments

• $scan0010.jpg
    $scan0010.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 63
Got any pictures of your military service?

This is me, on my last helicopter ride back to Danang, South Vietnam in August, 1971. Within less than a week, I would be in a college classroom. Talk about culture shock!

SHORT!

No.

But I expect O.N.I. probably has a few of me protesting the war in Viet Nam.

The culture shock I had came from being treated like an indentured servant by the lifers and being treated like a war criminal by my civilian peers.

It lasted fours years, three hours and seventeen minutes.

Excellent.
Nice to see the invading army getting its butt kicked.

Wounded2.jpg

"Excellent.
Nice to see the invading army getting its butt kicked."

The "invading army" was the NVA. But. yes, it had great experience at getting it's butt kicked.

"Excellent.

The "invading army" was the NVA. But. yes, it had great experience at getting it's butt kicked.

What, in the great American victory in Vietnam?

That's the victory where:

58,148 were killed in Vietnam.

75,000 were severely disabled.

23,214 were 100% disabled.

5,283 lost limbs.

1,081 sustained multiple amputations.

And you won, what?

Protests when the murderers got booted back home by a bunch of peasant farmers, a royal arse kicking and sod all else except a bunch of war crimes like the Mai Lai massacre (Spelling) where your brave 'men' raped a lot of women before murdering them along with their children.
Of course, let's not forget Agent Orange, the massive use of chemical weapons against little girls.
About par of the course if you're an American soldier
I see another couple of your rapists have just been gaoled in Japan. Still, think positive, at least this girl was older than the 12 year old your lads gang raped last time.

Time to google, "Tiger force".

There goes the US army. Great at raping little girls but can't match up to a bunch of farmers.
That's why you lot got your arses kicked in Afghanistan; there were men there with guns and your gay soldiers just ran away shouting, "Not fair, I want my mummy" so you have to use drones where your brave soldiers are a few thousand miles behind the lines.

Poofters.

Listen up, asshole.
We may not have won that war but we damn sure didn't lose it either. And we certainly didn't get "kicked out" of anywhere by anybody. We kept that country from being overrun by those who actually considered "war crimes" as SOP for as long as we were tasked with doing so. And-more than any other force that fought there-came out with our honor intact. google Hue Massacre.

Afgans? They don't want to fight. They just get into buggering boys and animals. Preferably dead ones that can't fight back.

Here's one of those fearsome warrior-farmers now

Warning Graphic Image
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e296/Doc247/GoodGook.jpg

Another Hero of the Revolution. LOL

Indofred's profile says Indonesia, but he speaks Brit. I wonder if he has any military service pictures to post?

Naw...probly not.

Thank you guys, for your service to our country and putting your lives on the line.

"Excellent.

I see your point.
Vietnam is only two miles from New York so you were clearly right to defend it.
That or you were an invading army.

By the way, if you don't count Vietnam as a defeat, I'd hate to think what being totally hammered would be like.

You were defeated, had your pants pulled, took it up your arses and lost - big style.

I have none......that I was allowed to keep or you lot would even know about.

OH NO! The dreaded , "I was in special ops" bullshit! The number one and almost universal hiding place for wannabes and liars!

I'm sorry you guys had to go to that sh*thole but the Military Industrial Complex and the Banking Cartel that runs this country demanded it.

Drafted into U.S. ARMY 70-71

After my discharge I went back my home town in Oklahoma and continued life.

Never mentioned being in the service and no one brought it up.

Basically a non issue.

I have asked other vets over the years exactly what did we accomplish?

Not once have I ever received an answer to my question......... :cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back