Gorilla Sales Skyrocket After Latest Gorilla Attack

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Gorilla Sales Skyrocket After Latest Gorilla Attack

800.jpg

SAN DIEGO—Following the events of last week, in which a crazed western lowland gorilla ruthlessly murdered 21 people in a local shopping plaza after escaping from the San Diego Zoo, sources across the country confirmed Thursday that national gorilla sales have since skyrocketed.

“After seeing yet another deranged gorilla just burst into a public place and start killing people, I decided I need to make sure something like that never happens to me,” said 34-year-old Atlanta resident Nick Keller, shortly after purchasing a 350-pound mountain gorilla from his local gorilla store. “It just gives me peace of mind knowing that if I’m ever in that situation, I won’t have to just watch helplessly as my torso is ripped in half and my face is chewed off. I’ll be able to use my gorilla to defend myself.”

“Law enforcement and animal control can only get there so quickly,” Keller added. “And you never know when you’ll need to use a gorilla to save your life.”

Reports confirmed that gorilla sales have historically risen sharply in the immediate aftermath of a major gorilla attack, most notably after the 2010 tragedy in the small town of Logan, NM, where 14 people, including two 5-year-old children and a 92-year-old woman, were viciously beaten to death by a 12-year-old gorilla who spontaneously attacked patrons of a crowded grocery store.

The latest attack marked the fifth of its kind in the United States within the last six months and has reignited the explosive national debate over gorilla control, with thousands of outraged Americans reportedly demanding that their government representatives act immediately in order to prevent further bloodshed.

“We’ve had to deal with too many gorilla-related tragedies, and we’ve had to bury too many innocent, feces-covered victims,” said Nicole Simmons, president of the Mothers Against Gorillas coalition, who herself lost her 16-year-old son in the infamous Baker High School gorilla rampage of 1997. “It’s time to put an end to this. We need to get gorillas off the streets once and for all. Enough is enough.”

“The answer to this systemic problem is not more gorillas,” Simmons continued, her eyes welling with tears. “The answer is fewer gorillas.”

:rofl: Man, the onion does it again.

Mountain gorillas are perfect for home protection, while the lowland gorilla is the perfect gorilla for the ladies...

The Congo’s Civil War Is Wiping Out Gorilla's...

The Congo’s Civil War Is Wiping Out Gorilla Populations
A new report shows the population of Grauer's gorillas has fallen 77% since 1998
The population of a gorilla subspecies living in Central Africa is in steep decline, largely due to civil war in the Democratic Republic of Congo, according to a new report. Fewer than 3,800 Grauer’s gorillas still live in the wild—down 77% from 17,000 in 1998, the Washington Post reported on Tuesday, citing a report published by the Wildlife Conservation Society, Flora and Fauna International and the Congolese Institute for the Conservation of Nature.

The civil war, the establishment of mining camps and the growth of hunting to feed miners have all contributed to the population decline of the endangered animal. The report recommends regulating mining sites, disarming miners and creating new protected areas, among other solutions.

“The crash in the gorilla population is a consequence of the human tragedy that has played out in eastern DRC,” report co-author Jefferson Hall, a staff scientist at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, said in a statement, reported by the Post. “Armed factions terrorize innocent people and divide up the spoils of war with absolutely no concern for the victims or the environment.”

Mountain gorillas have also been impacted by the conflict, and fewer than 700 mountain gorillas, a closely related subspecies, are thought to live in the wild, the Post reported.

The Congo's Civil War Is Wiping Out Gorilla Populations

And I have a Gorilla carry permit! Never know when I might need one.

Don't monkey with the Cincinnati cops - dey gonna get to the bottom of it...

Cincinnati Police Investigating Incident at Zoo
May 31, 2016 - The Cincinnati Police Department is investigating an incident from Saturday in which a 4-year ended up in a zoo's gorilla exhibit before security officers killed the animal.
Videos capturing the horrific scene in which the 17-year-old, 450-pound silverback gorilla can be seen handling the boy before it is shot, has gone viral on social media. "It's too early to say whether it was recklessness on the part of the parent," Lt. Steve Saunders told The Enquirer Tuesday. "We're just doing our due diligence to make sure we know what happened."

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said in a statement that after the police investigation is completed, his office will weigh possible criminal charges. The boy was taken to a local hospital with a concussion and scrapes and is said to being doing well.

The boy climbed through the barrier around the gorilla enclosure just before 4 p.m. Saturday before he dropped 15 feet into the moat surrounding the exhibit. Videos show the animal dragging the boy through the moat before disappearing from view, which led zoo officials to take action.

Cincinnati Police Investigating Incident at Zoo | Officer.com

I need a gorilla to protect me from roving gangs of feral guns. I just know there's going to be a pack of them hiding in an alley, waiting for me to walk by so they can attack me. If ONLY people would take their gun ownership responsibility seriously and stop abandoning their guns by the roadside because they are afraid the guns will escape and cause carnage all by themselves. If only.

Forum List

Back