Gore tells another whopper!

OOOOOH an Opinion supports your claim.

Modeling techiniques are not reliable unless the underlying physics is solid. In this case, climatetology, it is not. Because the experiments required to reach the conclusions are, in fact, impossible to conduct.

Ah yes, the underlying physics. From the American Institute of Physics;

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Climate Change
National Policy
07.1 CLIMATE CHANGE(Adopted by Council on November 18, 2007)

Emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth's climate. Greenhouse gases include carbon dioxide as well as methane, nitrous oxide and other gases. They are emitted from fossil fuel combustion and a range of industrial and agricultural processes.

The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now.

Because the complexity of the climate makes accurate prediction difficult, the APS urges an enhanced effort to understand the effects of human activity on the Earth’s climate, and to provide the technological options for meeting the climate challenge in the near and longer terms. The APS also urges governments, universities, national laboratories and its membership to support policies and actions that will reduce the emission of greenhouse gases.

Yeah, OL'Al is probably trying to figure out how to scam a few more millions out of the gullible.

Lord knows he's made a pile so far. Not to mention his NPP.

Whatta guy.

Why, yes, Gore has made a bundle. Took a moderately wealthy inheritance and turned it into major money by investing in hi-tech stocks when that market was on a downer after 2001. In fact, he has done so well that he doesn't need the Bin Laden family to bail him out after every attempt at business, like a certain other person.

Gore should be investigated for insider trading. He obviously isn't smart enough to do it on his own. Near as I can tell, everything he has done since running for President has been dishonest.

Near as I can tell, you are a complete idiot.

Why, yes, Gore has made a bundle. Took a moderately wealthy inheritance and turned it into major money by investing in hi-tech stocks when that market was on a downer after 2001. In fact, he has done so well that he doesn't need the Bin Laden family to bail him out after every attempt at business, like a certain other person.

Gore should be investigated for insider trading. He obviously isn't smart enough to do it on his own. Near as I can tell, everything he has done since running for President has been dishonest.

You are wrong. The words were spelled correctly. Sentence structure was comprehensible. So obviously, saveliberty isn't a "complete" idiot. Just a plain, mediocre, run of the mill, everyday "idiot".

Glad I could clear that up.

You are wrong. The words were spelled correctly. Sentence structure was comprehensible. So obviously, saveliberty isn't a "complete" idiot. Just a plain, mediocre, run of the mill, everyday "idiot".

Glad I could clear that up.

Two morons that think by teaming up, they are right. When you were in high school, the word special was not a high intellect reference.

I couldn't get past conservatives laughing at the "theory of evaporation" and it's supposed application to where rain and snow come from.

6% of scientists in America are Republican according to a 2009 PEW report. I suspect that number is vastly overstated.

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media: Section 4: Scientists, Politics and Religion - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

528-52.gif

Notice 6 and 9. Does that have any scientific merit?

It's the same thing in the educational system: Dems own it.

Which also explains why half of High School students can't identify when the War of 1812 occurred and 90% can't name three Founding Fathers even if you spot them George Washington.

Ah yes, the underlying physics. From the American Institute of Physics;

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

just because we are all aware that you are completely ignorant about physics I will point out two problems with your "Source"
1) it talks of a "simple" model - the kind of simple model which can predict a cannonball orbiting the Earth
2) in the 19th century a VERY well regarded theory involved the luminiferous ether. That theory has been completely debunked.

Perhaps, as you retired from running your steel mill, you shuold go back to college and takle some course in modern science to try and remedy your alarming ignorance.

Now Charley, that article was written by degreed physicists. And the 'simple' model was simply to establish a starting point. Had you read the whole article, you would have noted the number of links through which you could have delved as deeply into the subject as you liked.

Well, yes, I may do exactly that. It would be fun to go back to college and update my knowledge. The last course I took in college what Eng. Geo. 470/570. I would say that my grasp of basic physics far exceeds yours.

Now Charley, that article was written by degreed physicists. And the 'simple' model was simply to establish a starting point. Had you read the whole article, you would have noted the number of links through which you could have delved as deeply into the subject as you liked.

Well, yes, I may do exactly that. It would be fun to go back to college and update my knowledge. The last course I took in college what Eng. Geo. 470/570. I would say that my grasp of basic physics far exceeds yours.

For someone so interested in people understanding what the climatologists say, you sure dodged the topic of this thread. Al Gore clearly made misleading statements recently in particular. When is the condemnation of his statements coming from you Old Rocks? Are you just another ends justifies the means type of guy?

Forum List

Back