GOPers Lack Critical Thinking Skills - here's why

You realize that you are addressing someone that doesn't understand one syllable of what you just wrote?

are you pretending to be somebody again?

cut that out

So when you write those things, they sound good to you?

The art of making one liners sound really intelligent, Like I do constantly, takes time

keep working on it, you are a long ways away, but who knows, maybe someday

by brainwashing the poster means they dont want their kid to be taught critical thinking, science, etc.
I want to find out what they think 'brainwashing' is. What specific instruction crosses the threshold between imparting information and imparting knowledge.

I guess i'm just old fashioned. I am 59 yrs old....

What i wanted, and what i would want, is for my kids to learn the plain old things like English, Math, Science, even gym and Art....everything that is the necessities. Maybe Shop class, Home economics, woodworking....something that can give them a skill. Once they graduate, they can decide where else they want to go. No, i can't say for certain that "critical thinking" would really brainwash my kid....but i won't take that chance! I just have that "feeling" in my gut that this is just going to brainwash so many kids, they're being told what to think~i don't trust it.

"You're stupid."

"No, YOU'RE stupid."

We have a long way to go, gang.

yep , that is exactly what the billionaire oligarchs want us to do, fight among ourselves

they keep lounging in tahiti while we fight...

Along with the other rich people like Pelosi, Rockefeller, Kerry, Kennedy's, Soros, etc, etc. Rich people are not the problem. You're a fool.

libs are intelectually superior but moraly BANKRUPT - as a general rule - don't wantto paint too broad a brush.

"You're stupid."

"No, YOU'RE stupid."

yep , that is exactly what the billionaire oligarchs want us to do, fight among ourselves

Along with the other rich people like Pelosi, Rockefeller, Kerry, Kennedy's, Soros, etc, etc. Rich people are not the problem. You're a fool.

you shoulda stayed down after I beat you down as i did, getting up is risky, now here you have gone and proven to the entire planet that you are a complete and total hypocrite and moron...

how sad for you :lol:

"You're stupid."

"No, YOU'RE stupid."

Not only a fool but disingenuous, ill-educated, and moronic. [And that means lack of common sense]. The boy is a follower still trying to find a brain of his own.

by brainwashing the poster means they dont want their kid to be taught critical thinking, science, etc.
I want to find out what they think 'brainwashing' is. What specific instruction crosses the threshold between imparting information and imparting knowledge.

I guess i'm just old fashioned. I am 59 yrs old....

What i wanted, and what i would want, is for my kids to learn the plain old things like English, Math, Science, even gym and Art....everything that is the necessities. Maybe Shop class, Home economics, woodworking....something that can give them a skill. Once they graduate, they can decide where else they want to go. No, i can't say for certain that "critical thinking" would really brainwash my kid....but i won't take that chance! I just have that "feeling" in my gut that this is just going to brainwash so many kids, they're being told what to think~i don't trust it.
If you read the Texas document carefully -which the lolberals obviously haven't- "critical thinking skills" is merely the latest Orwellian label being put on outcome-based edumacation...It in fact really has nothing to do with real critical thinking skills.

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

IOW, gubmint school bureaucrats have simply put new wrapper on the same old failed bullshit curriculum.

texas-gop-thinking.jpg

When 24 Americans POW's didn't want to return home at the end of the Korean War the army uncovered a form of indoctrination used on these and hundreds of other American POW's called "brainwashing." What had happened to all those Americans POW's is part of this critical thinking topic. A Lt. Col. W.E Mayer an army psychiatrist did a study, and I remember well a speech he made on the topic. It seems that some Americans were more easily brainwashed than others, why? One reason was that those that had been taught as truthfully as possible in the schools of America were least sucseptible. They knew American history warts and all, but those that had been fed a pap of untruths or bending of truths to make America look good were the easiest to indoctrinate.

The request for help by Lt. Col. W. E. Mayer may still be around someplace and it is interesting listening. Did it change Texas schools or any schools, I doubt it but it did give the army a Code of Conduct program. The fact that parents do not want their children taught the truth as best we know it, is frightening. America has its own Dark-Age period or Age of Ignorance.

Forum List

Back