GOPers Lack Critical Thinking Skills - here's why

Right? Sometimes I come onto this board and just weep for humanity. There are like 50% of the country that believes THIS BULLSHIT.

We're all fucked.

But it is only a minority, I am pretty sure.

Yes, they hate science and Black people and Women and on and on and on and on

but it is based on ignorance and fear, as the human race evolves, they are devolving

I think we will survive them

Right? Sometimes I come onto this board and just weep for humanity. There are like 50% of the country that believes THIS BULLSHIT.

We're all fucked.

but it is based on ignorance and fear, as the human race evolves, they are devolving

If we don't, neither does our planet.

Obama supporters are in no position to be handing down lectures on critical thinking.

This isn't about critical thinking, it's about OBE, "Outcome Based Education," the polar opposite of critical thinking. OBE is a Pavlovian application of conditioned response through repetition.

The Texas GOP simply stated that the oppose OBE, regardless of what name the educrats hide it under. Higher Order Thinking Skills or "HOTS" is simply a rebranding of the Pavlovian OBE.

Critical thinking is the art of examining and dissecting evidence and arguments to find flaws in logic or structure, rather than simply accepting based on authority. OBE and HOTS are the exact OPPOSITE of critical thinking and are designed to elicit a conditioned response based on repetition. The goal of OBE is to condition students so that certain stimuli will result in a response regardless of the merit or lack of merit in the underlying argument.

An example would be the meme that "gay is good." The student is presented with situations and the concept is reinforced that "gay is good." Simple phrases are repeated and soon become fact,

So?

Parents should be raising their kids the way they want them to be. I don't want teachers putting crap in my kids heads that i don't believe..
And "Behavior modification"??? That sounds like brainwashing to me.

Texas is sounding like about the smartest state around...everyone should move there!

The problem with that is that you're going to create a really, really, really stupid fucking kid if you don't let them learn things you don't "believe." This right here encapsulates WHY regular Fox News viewers are markedly dumber than others. "Believing" and "knowing" are two different things, you fucking rube.

I don't care if my kids wanted to learn ON THEIR OWN. Once they've gotten through school, learned reading, writing, arithmetic...they can do whatever they want. It's their life....i DON'T want someone brainwashing my child in the mean time. You go ahead and let yours though....you have that right.
Define "Brainwashing".

We're all fucked.

If we don't, neither does our planet.

Get a load of these Horsetaters? ^^^

What a fucking comedy! :lol:

Republican's 2012 party platform: "We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills". Yikes! -- No wonder Republicans have difficulty figuring stuff out.

The Republican Party of Texas has issued their 2012 political platform and has come out and blatantly opposed critical thinking in public schools throughout the state. If you wonder what took them so long to actually state that publicly, it is really a matter of timing. With irrationality now the norm and an election hovering over the 2012 horizon, the timing of the Republican GOP announcement against "critical thinking" instruction couldn't be better. It helps gin up their anti-intellectual base.

✄snip>

Texas GOP rejects ‘critical thinking’ skills. Really. - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

By Valerie Strauss

In the you-can’t-make-up-this-stuff department, here’s what the Republican Party of Texas wrote into its 2012 platform as part of the section on education:

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

Yes, you read that right. The party opposes the teaching of “higher order thinking skills” because it believes the purpose is to challenge a student’s “fixed beliefs” and undermine “parental authority.”

It opposes, among other things, early childhood education, sex education, and multicultural education, but supports “school subjects with emphasis on the Judeo-Christian principles upon which America was founded.”

✄snip>

Critical thinking skills such as . . . telling a blog from a real news source?

by brainwashing the poster means they dont want their kid to be taught critical thinking, science, etc.

Hi,

That made no sense. You're just flailing and using buzzwords. And you didn't answer my question. Critical thinking is the most important kind of cognitive thought we can do as humans. To prevent it from being taught in schools is completely damaging to education as a whole.

I don't generalize anything. Higher education has been turned into "elitism" by your side of the aisle, buddy. So much so that you call it suppressing thought to be taught how to fucking EVALUATE something. If you don't want to be considered dumb, stupid, or ignorant, quit treating academia like it's some kind of horrible monster trying to rip your child's spirituality out from underneath them, or that it's trying to subvert the Conservative ideals you've tried so hard to indoctrinate your children with.

I don't prevent critical thinking at all, I encourage it. On your side of the Aisle, however it is measured by the numbers thrown under the bus, why is that? Why are Conservative Students so timid about questioning Wacko Left Wing Nut Job Professors?

You really think that happens a lot, don't you? When did you attend college? When I went, there was no massive Liberal wing of the professors. Professors teach; they don't preach. You're drinking way too much of the Kool-Aid Rush and Glenn serve, methinks.

I've known some Truly Liberal Professors in my time, personally, or through work, not in School. I distinguish between them and Statist Progressives, who are a different breed. I highly respect Liberal Thinkers whom are above choosing teams. Bottom Line, Tyranny, Slavery, we need to protect from, no matter the source. There will always be Justice and Injustice, just like there will always be a choice. We don't focus on teams as much as Principle. Even when focusing on Principles, weight, Relevance, circumstance, help us unravel.

Republican's 2012 party platform: "We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills". Yikes! -- No wonder Republicans have difficulty figuring stuff out.

The Republican Party of Texas has issued their 2012 political platform and has come out and blatantly opposed critical thinking in public schools throughout the state. If you wonder what took them so long to actually state that publicly, it is really a matter of timing. With irrationality now the norm and an election hovering over the 2012 horizon, the timing of the Republican GOP announcement against "critical thinking" instruction couldn't be better. It helps gin up their anti-intellectual base.

✄snip>

Texas GOP rejects ‘critical thinking’ skills. Really. - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

By Valerie Strauss

In the you-can’t-make-up-this-stuff department, here’s what the Republican Party of Texas wrote into its 2012 platform as part of the section on education:

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

Yes, you read that right. The party opposes the teaching of “higher order thinking skills” because it believes the purpose is to challenge a student’s “fixed beliefs” and undermine “parental authority.”

It opposes, among other things, early childhood education, sex education, and multicultural education, but supports “school subjects with emphasis on the Judeo-Christian principles upon which America was founded.”

✄snip>

Critical thinking skills such as . . . telling a blog from a real news source?
Not quite that critical! :lol::lol:

by brainwashing the poster means they dont want their kid to be taught critical thinking, science, etc.
I want to find out what they think 'brainwashing' is. What specific instruction crosses the threshold between imparting information and imparting knowledge.

You realize that you are addressing someone that doesn't understand one syllable of what you just wrote?

I want to find out what they think 'brainwashing' is. What specific instruction crosses the threshold between imparting information and imparting knowledge.

You realize that you are addressing someone that doesn't understand one syllable of what you just wrote?

are you pretending to be somebody again?

cut that out

The informaton is ID is a valid topic

The knowledge is that it isnt...

they cant understand that distinction

While you claim that GOP folks lack critical thinking skills you must also remember that Democrats, especially liberal Democrats, don't have any thinking skills.

The informaton is ID is a valid topic

The knowledge is that it isnt...

they cant understand that distinction

Give us your definition of propaganda.

While you claim that GOP folks lack critical thinking skills you must also remember that Democrats, especially liberal Democrats, don't have any thinking skills.

someone asked my definition of propaganda

the answer is everything this poster has read or watched in its lifetime

Forum List

Back