GOPer pushing for State Sponsored Religion

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Georgia Republican: State-sponsored religion will end big-government tyranny

Georgia Republican Congressional hopeful Jody Hice said on his radio show on Thursday
that Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was correct in remarks he made recently regarding faith in U.S. society.

In a speech at Colorado Christian University, Scalia said that not only is government endorsement of religion constitutional, but that it is in the country’s best interests to adhere to Biblical law.

“I think the main fight is to dissuade Americans from what the secularists are trying to persuade them to be true: that the separation of church and state means that the government cannot favor religion over non-religion,” Scalia said to the heavily Christian audience.

Government forcing one religion on the people as a way to end tyranny?

I'm thinking this joker has to be a Dem plant, no one, I mean no one can be that friggin' stupid.

I didn't see the word tyranny anywhere in the article...ohhhh..I get it..you needed an excuse to demean and disparage people..never mind, then..I almost took you seriously for a second..I should have known better.

endorsement of religion does not necessarily mean theocracy.....we used to have endorsement of Christianity in this countrry from the beginning which is what help create our great country.....before the godless secularists took control thus creating the decline we now see....

The phrase "Separation of Church and State" was in a personal letter from Thomas Jefferson. It's NOT in the Constitution.
“If the American people want to do it, I suppose they can enact that by statute, but to say that’s what the Constitution requires is utterly absurd,” Scalia said."
And he's right.

Thread title is a lie, yet another shining example of the progressive inability or refusal to comprehend the written word.

Progressive loons maintain that mentioning God is an *endorsement* and therefore must be FORBIDDEN.

It's a violation of freedom of speech, of course, and completely antithetical to the concept of freedom.

The phrase "Separation of Church and State" was in a personal letter from Thomas Jefferson. It's NOT in the Constitution.
“If the American people want to do it, I suppose they can enact that by statute, but to say that’s what the Constitution requires is utterly absurd,” Scalia said."
And he's right.
So you believe we should NOT have an official policy to separate church and state?

And he's right.
So you believe we should NOT have an official policy to separate church and state?

what do you mean by 'official policy'.....?

Georgia Republican Congressional hopeful Jody Hice said on his radio show on Thursday
that Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was correct in remarks he made recently regarding faith in U.S. society.

In a speech at Colorado Christian University, Scalia said that not only is government endorsement of religion constitutional, but that it is in the country’s best interests to adhere to Biblical law.

“I think the main fight is to dissuade Americans from what the secularists are trying to persuade them to be true: that the separation of church and state means that the government cannot favor religion over non-religion,” Scalia said to the heavily Christian audience.

I'm thinking this joker has to be a Dem plant, no one, I mean no one can be that friggin' stupid.

Except, no one is forcing religion on you or anyone else. Are you really this stupid?

And he's right.

Governmental policy.

Gosh I hope its Rastafarianism. Puff, puff, give.

You are, because that's not what was in the article.

And he's right.

Governmental policy.
as in the Constitution.......or something else.....?

That is not what Justice Scalia said.

And he's right.

Governmental policy.
Is there officially, legally separation of church and state? Yes or no?

And he's right.

Governmental policy.
Is there officially, legally separation of church and state? Yes or no?
what kind of 'separation' are you talking about....?

Forum List

Back