GOP: Wrong side of history, again

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
So, sounds like gay marriage is about to become the norm in America. It may take a few years for it to become mainstream amongst all the states. But by, say, 2020, I suspect gay marriage will be just as normal as interracial marriage. And like that hot topic of the past, the GOP will be on the wrong side of history yet again. But it wasnt too long ago that hardcore conservatives have been on the wrong side of history. It was only about 20 years ago that hard conservative Bob Jones University in Greenville, SC, actually still banned interracial dating haha!

But anyway, whether it is gay marriage, or racial civil rights, or any number of other issues, it seems the right wing ultra-conservative folks are going to be seen in history books as yet again being on the wrong side.

Don't you know an angel loses his wings every time a black man marries a white woman... or another man?

How would gay marriage ever become a norm? Homos are such a small percentage of the population, it will always be abnormal.

Don't you know an angel loses his wings every time a black man marries a white woman... or another man?

Well, whether they do or not, ultra conservatives sometimes think blacks and whites should not only not be able to marry, but to not even DATE: CNN.com - US - Bob Jones University ends ban on interracial dating - March 4, 2000

It wasnt until 2000 that ultra conservative Bob Jones University allowed blacks and whites to DATE. And they only changed it because they didnt want to hurt the church's public image, not because, you know...its just the right thing to do.

How would gay marriage ever become a norm? Homos are such a small percentage of the population, it will always be abnormal.

Marriage between white person and black person are a small percentage also, but it is quite normal to see it. "Normal" meaning society doesnt recognize it as being unlawful or immoral. Just something that happens and we hardly notice anymore.

I just think the government should stay out of our lives in most regards. Dont you?

Eating the right amount of fruits and vegetables every day is also abnormal, but we don't penalize you for it.

Well, see, it's part of the gay agenda. Soon they'll be the majority, and they really want to discriminate against to get even for all those years.

There's even a gay nazi group that has visions of cocentration camps.

Seriously, a norm would be having no distinction between gay/lesbian and straight "marriage." Probably not in my lifetime.

Although I did look quite spiffy in my Tux all those years ago, so who knows if gays could really dress up that much better than I.

Gay nazis have bought 1.5 billion rounds of ammunition. They have infiltrated the Army and are going to round us all up and shoot us. They will save a few kids in FEMA camps for molestation, and force dogs to hump cats.

Cue doom music.

Maybe it's a left/right issue with the radical left being on (as usual) the sissie side but the case before the Supreme Court deals with the will of the people in the most liberal state in the Union. California voters decided not to sanction the union between homosexuals. NAMBLA has a lot of influence in the democrat party and their position is to legalize the union between grown men and boys. Play the race card if you want to but it just makes you lefties look foolish.

Damn you, whitehall. Your post was funnier than mine! :evil:

Why don't you say it like it really is? Religious people may be on the losing side against the statist. That alone doesn't necessarily put them on the wrong side of history, just the losing side. Your comment is the equivalent of saying the Jews of Nazi Germany were on the wrong side of history. You can celebrate the moral decline of the country all you want, but don't expect everyone to join in. History and tradition determines the definition of a word, not some activist movement. If gays want an equivalent type of union let them establish a term for it, not try to hijack an established term that has a different meaning.

Maybe it's a left/right issue with the radical left being on (as usual) the sissie side but the case before the Supreme Court deals with the will of the people in the most liberal state in the Union. California voters decided not to sanction the union between homosexuals. NAMBLA has a lot of influence in the democrat party and their position is to legalize the union between grown men and boys. Play the race card if you want to but it just makes you lefties look foolish.

Wait, you're playing the race and NAMBLA card?

Um, even though inter-racial marriage is legal, it is still illegal for a 25 year old white man to marry a 12 year old black girl. And it would still be illegal for a 25 year old black man to marry a 12 year old white boy.

So now you are comparing child rape with gay marriage????? Wow. And you wonder why the GOP lost.

Why don't you say it like it really is? Religious people may be on the losing side against the statist. That alone doesn't necessarily put them on the wrong side of history, just the losing side. Your comment is the equivalent of saying the Jews of Nazi Germany were on the wrong side of history. You can celebrate the moral decline of the country all you want, but don't expect everyone to join in. History and tradition determines the definition of a word, not some activist movement. If gays want an equivalent type of union let them establish a term for it, not try to hijack an established term that has a different meaning.

I personally find gay marriage disgusting. I admit it. When I see two men kiss, I literally get a bit squeamish and disgusted. The sight of two men in tuxedos is weird to me.

But have they hurt me? No. Not my business. And it shouldnt be the governments business either.

Unless, of course, you say that the governement should be regulating religious morality. Should it?

The Civil Rights Movement has nothing to do with the a bunch of perverts wanting to take advantage of tax breaks given to married couples.

It is insulting to anyone involved in the Civil Rights Movemet.

How incredibly pretentious.

Statism and forced acceptance over freedom... yep.. the progressives keep stooping lower and lower

Wait. So you think it is the governments job to regulate religious morality in society? What if the government simply said it is the job of the church to figure out who they will and wont marry? Well, in that case, we may still have bans on interracial marriage, which up until 2000 some conservatives still opposed.

Gay marriage means more freedom, not less. I dont get your point. Its simply a freedom that you dont care about, and you'd never desire for yourself. Should others not have the chance at that freedom though?

Um, even though inter-racial marriage is legal, it is still illegal for a 25 year old white man to marry a 12 year old black girl. And it would still be illegal for a 25 year old black man to marry a 12 year old white boy.

So now you are comparing child rape with gay marriage????? Wow. And you wonder why the GOP lost.

my gawd...the only one who is lost is you in your hate

Statism and forced acceptance over freedom... yep.. the progressives keep stooping lower and lower

Wait. So you think it is the governments job to regulate religious morality in society? What if the government simply said it is the job of the church to figure out who they will and wont marry? Well, in that case, we may still have bans on interracial marriage, which up until 2000 some conservatives still opposed.

Gay marriage means more freedom, not less. I dont get your point. Its simply a freedom that you dont care about, and you'd never desire for yourself. Should others not have the chance at that freedom though?

No.. I do not think it is government's job AT ALL.. let everyone of adult age be with whoever they want to be with

BUT they also should not be telling anyone they cannot discriminate against a choice and/or behavior... laws forcing acceptance, non-discrimination etc are BULLSHIT in this.. people have the freedom to be accepting just as they have the freedom to be bigoted, whether you or I agree or disagree with them

Leave the government ONLY IN AREAS OF GOVERNMENT... taxation, inheritance, contract law, power of attorney, etc... nothing more, nothing less...

I don't know why the left compares pedophilia with inter-racial marriage but that's typical. Voters in the most liberal state in the Union turned down the homosexual marriage referendum and the only thing left is to lobby the Supreme Court to force Americans to accept the initiative.

Forum List

Back