GOP wants to screw US over Social Security

The OP Zincwarrior is under the impression that republicans are going to raise the retirement age

Do you know something he doesent?
They want to raise the retirement age for people 55 and under.

They will screw us over and protect the boomers.

Thats the best way

Its gives future retirees a warning that change is coming
Why do boomers need “a warning”? They should have seen this coming. After all, they knew this was a problem for decades and did nothing.

Why do we have to pay for Boomer’s failures?

It’s no secret. Look it up
Your obligation, not mine. You made the allegation with nothing to support your point.

We have a robust, generous Social Security System, but it is not sustainable or affordable. It's like buying a house you cannot afford. Eventually, the lender forecloses. Poof, no house.

Why do boomers need “a warning”? They should have seen this coming. After all, they knew this was a problem for decades and did nothing.

Boomers have plenty of flaws

All of which they passed on to the next generation and the one after that

But with compound interest

Each generation is a little worse than the one before

Simple, don't.

I bet your tail was in a knot when President Bush urged Congress to allow workers the OPTION of putting just a small percentage of their contributions into private funds.

Boomers have plenty of flaws

All of which they passed on to the next generation and the one after that

But with compound interest

Each generation is a little worse than the one before
Boomers are unique in the degree of their narcissism and entitlement.

Your obligation, not mine. You made the allegation with nothing to support your point.

We have a robust, generous Social Security System, but it is not sustainable or affordable. It's like buying a house you cannot afford. Eventually, the lender forecloses. Poof, no house.
My obligation to do what? If you don’t want to believe Sweden exist that’s on you. Nothing I can do will change your mind

Biden hasn’t done anything
Wild%20Seriously-S.jpg

I dont think so

Each generation is slightly different

But human nature does not change
Boomers have lived their entire lives being handed advantages and providing none to the rest of us.

Raising withholdings modestly on both the employer side and the employee side is really about the only thing they can do.
Read Democrats very words.
1. Raise taxes
2. Increase spending
3. Go after the rich
4. But do not increase SS benefits

I know. I have been collecting SS for 20 years. My increases in benefits come due to inflation only. How many know how many of us collect less than poverty amounts?

Democrats never propose raising amounts. IF you want us to be paid, raise our benefits.

Tax breaks for billionnaires is AOK. Whining about Trans, lets do it. But hold on for one second while we screw our voters over.​

GOP faces internal battle over raising age for Social Security​

Heaven forbid we just raise the cap on SS taxes. It might be too easy and effective.

Read Democrats very words.
1. Raise taxes
2. Increase spending
3. Go after the rich
4. But do not increase SS benefits

I know. I have been collecting SS for 20 years. My increases in benefits come due to inflation only. How many know how many of us collect less than poverty amounts?

Democrats never propose raising amounts. IF you want us to be paid, raise our benefits.
Poverty amounts? Since I started getting SS I stopped being in poverty.

Forum List

Back