GOP to introduce more tax cuts

How much of a tax cut did you get folks?

Look at your pay stubs. You see a difference?

I'm betting unless you make some serious money already the "change" is just that

change

What you people fail to acknowledge is that the new tax law gave sizable tax breaks to millions of middle class people who are self employed or who own and operate S corps and LLCs

Section 199A of the tax code gave middle class business owners a 20% deduction on a portion of their business income.

That is not true. The fact is for middle class business owners, they pay a lower rate already by paying individual rates. The people that will benefit are the rich. The passthrough portion of this should be repealed.

It is true.

Section 199A of the new tax codes allow business owners to a 20% deduction for a portion of their business income.

This was done because people who own small businesses with pass through taxation have never shared in corporate tax cuts before and now they can

I know this because we own an S corp and an LLC and saw a very significant tax savings for 2018

So stop talking about things you know nothing about

Sec 199A Qualified Business Income Deduction: Big Savings for Some

New Internal Revenue Code Section 199A: The 20% Deduction for “Pass-Thru” Businesses | JD Supra

Politics aside .

Why the hell would you add more and more tax cuts during boom times when you have a giant deficit?

View attachment 215833

Idiot .

How about we just eliminate all taxes ! The country will run on smiles and sunshine !

Fine with me mini the moocher

Yeah. Cause you are a fool.

I am a fool because I unlike you know the goverment is bloated as hell with useless government workers?

Like the military?

House Republicans propose more tax cuts as elections near

Go ahead house dems vote against making those tax cuts for the middle class permanent...I dare ya!
Their bill would make the temporary tax cuts permanent, and thus accelerate deficits even more.

All to buy the votes of retards.

SO the fuck what?

If it was a dem doing it you wouldn't be saying boo about it

No one cares about the debt

If anyone says they care about the debt and then votes for either a republican or a democrat they are lying.
Liar.

I have been talking about the debt ever since coming to this forum.

So your horseshit straw man fails.

Better luck next time.

You all whined and whined and whined about Obama's spending for eight years. Now you are the ones who haven't said boo about Trump's spending even though he is on track to bust Obama's record debt wide open.

You are a hypocrite, and just tried to project your own hypocrisy onto me. Fuck you, you're busted.

The Kenyan invested in America’s filth, our bottom feeders...ShaQuita, illegal Guadalupe and their filthy litters...your current POTUS is investing in good, real Americans...good, real Americans support this investment. TA-DA!
obammy didn't want americas best he wanted our worst and the globe's worst.
when he drew the red line in the sand, it was the welcome mat to chaos.

Go ahead house dems vote against making those tax cuts for the middle class permanent...I dare ya!

Politics aside .

Why the hell would you add more and more tax cuts during boom times when you have a giant deficit?

Well Timothy it's like this.
More tax cuts means more business expansion and more spending by the general public which increases taxes taken in by the gov.
As the old saying goes...You cant tax your way into prosperity.

I think you may be confused sweetheart.

The wealthy and corporations are not the same as the middle class.

Remember, Hump ran on no tax cuts for billionaires and the middle class would get 4,000 to 9,000 each in tax cuts. Trump said that.

And we know how that turned out.

President Trump tells wealthy guests at Mar-a-Lago: “You all just got a lot richer” after tax bill

“You All Just Got a Lot Richer,” Trump Tells Friends at Mar-a-Lago After Signing Tax Overhaul

Them's the facts honeybunch. Them's the facts.
They want to make the cuts for the middle class permanent. Something that wasn't done because leftists didn't want the middle class keeping more of their hard earned money. Let's see if they want to run on that vote in November. :) You can whine and lie until the cows come home the tax cuts helped every day Americans the most.

The middle class got very little out of this. They want to make it permanent for the rich. There is no way this should be passed without closing the loopholes for the rich that were created in the last tax bill.
The ONLY reason it wasn't made permanent the first time is because democrats didn't want people keeping more of their own money. They are going to TRY this time to make the tax cuts for small businesses and individuals permanent...its up to at least 10 democrats to vote yes.

Politics aside .

More tax cuts means more business expansion and more spending by the general public which increases taxes taken in by the gov.

If tax cuts mean increases in taxes taken in why have 4 of the 6 months since the cut brought in less taxes than the year before?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Politics aside .

The Economy is expanding without tax cuts . Now would’ve been the best time to try and cut down the debt .

Trump wasted that tax cut card . You’d do better to wait when the Economy stalled , then use cuts to spur things .

They have decided that near record setting deficits in the middle of a "booming" economy is not enough ,they want to blow out the old record deficits.

Since Jan 1st the GOP has added $963,736,562,069 to the debt, almost a trillion dollars in 9 months! They are on pace for 1.3 trillion for the year. That will beat every record except 2009 in the heart of the recession.

Think about that now, we are adding debt as the same pace as we did in the recession and we are in a booming economy, just imagine what happens when it slows down.

Mine boggling isn't it! But it is all the Kenyans fault I am sure!

Idiot .

How about we just eliminate all taxes ! The country will run on smiles and sunshine !

Fine with me mini the moocher

Yeah. Cause you are a fool.

I am a fool because I unlike you know the goverment is bloated as hell with useless government workers?

Like the military?

Ohhh you got me on that one mini the moocher

Politics aside .

The Economy is expanding without tax cuts . Now would’ve been the best time to try and cut down the debt .

Trump wasted that tax cut card . You’d do better to wait when the Economy stalled , then use cuts to spur things .

Why not expand the economy even more?

And deficits have gotten worse.
And no one cares

They care depending upon who is sitting in the White House

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Dems only care about republ debt
Repubs only care about dem debt

Not one single voter that votes for dems or repubs cares about the debt

Keynesian theory is that the government should go into debt and increase spending during a weak economy. But when the economy picks up - and especially when it booms - the government should first pay down the debt and the once the deficit is under control, lower taxes.

During the 2008 recession, government spending and a willingness to increase government debt was the right thing to do. However, during GW Bushes first term - when there was a surplus, and now that we're in an economic boom, the government should pay down it's debt first and lower taxes later.

The GOP keeps screwing up this simple formula.

When was the last time any administration paid down any debt?

No one cares about the debt

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE DEBT

the evidence is all around you stop denying it.

Bill Clinton, with a republican Congress holding his feet to the fire to do it! Why did the not hold Dubya's or Rump's feet to that same fire?

Politics aside .

Why not expand the economy even more?

An expanding economy means less government dependency means fewer democrats.

I'm betting unless you make some serious money already the "change" is just that

change

Does doubling the standard deduction show up on pay stubs?
Didn’t think so.

Do you get a pay stub at all?
Didn’t think so.

They have decided that near record setting deficits in the middle of a "booming" economy is not enough ,they want to blow out the old record deficits.

Since Jan 1st the GOP has added $963,736,562,069 to the debt, almost a trillion dollars in 9 months! They are on pace for 1.3 trillion for the year. That will beat every record except 2009 in the heart of the recession.

Think about that now, we are adding debt as the same pace as we did in the recession and we are in a booming economy, just imagine what happens when it slows down.

And not one single word about cutting spending. Not a peep. And as you said...during a booming economy.
Some things are a little tricky but it takes a special kind of stupid to pretend that people who never ask for spending cuts care about spending.
Are you one of those special kinds of stupid?

The US takes in nearly 4 trillion dollars. Might be 4 trillion given the current economy.

So, we have spenditures of Defense Department, State Department, Veterans Affairs, Justice Department, and the cost of the three branches of govenment, leg, jud,exe.

That is roughly 811.1 billion dollars.

Put Social Security and Medicare into separate budgets AWAY from the Federal budget and use ONLY the reciepts they get from taxes to pay out with.

That means we can apply 3 trillion per year to the debt, or we can cut...say...a smooth 1.5 trllion in taxes and still manage to put 1.5 trillion a year toward the debt.

Will only take 100 years if income remains at current levels. Likely to go way up over that 100 years, making the debt decrease exponentially.

Your math is wrong.
In what way? I see us running a huge surplus. Just pay for those government functions we need and are actually required for the Federal Government to meet its obligations to the people.

Be our representative to the world.

Clearly, 75% of the government is unnecessary.

In receipts. We wouldn’t have money to pay down the debt as you claim.

75% of the federal budget is military, Medicare and SS.

The US takes in nearly 4 trillion dollars. Might be 4 trillion given the current economy.

So, we have spenditures of Defense Department, State Department, Veterans Affairs, Justice Department, and the cost of the three branches of govenment, leg, jud,exe.

That is roughly 811.1 billion dollars.

Put Social Security and Medicare into separate budgets AWAY from the Federal budget and use ONLY the reciepts they get from taxes to pay out with.

That means we can apply 3 trillion per year to the debt, or we can cut...say...a smooth 1.5 trllion in taxes and still manage to put 1.5 trillion a year toward the debt.

Will only take 100 years if income remains at current levels. Likely to go way up over that 100 years, making the debt decrease exponentially.

Your math is wrong.
In what way? I see us running a huge surplus. Just pay for those government functions we need and are actually required for the Federal Government to meet its obligations to the people.

Be our representative to the world.

Clearly, 75% of the government is unnecessary.

In receipts. We wouldn’t have money to pay down the debt as you claim.

75% of the federal budget is military, Medicare and SS.
3.654 Trillion dollars was the receipts for 2017.

Department of defense budget is 574 billion.

My math has that as 15.7% of total income.

Hardly 75% of a 4 trillion dollar budget.

a budget of 4.094 trillion makes the DoD budget only 14% of the total budget.

U.S._Federal_Spending.png

ETA.....Ah, I see what you are saying. Total reciepts include social security and medicare which would be put in its own box and not on budge.

Okay. So, we'd have room for abbout a half trillion dollar tax cut.

change

Didn’t think so.

Didn’t think so.
Would a tax cut show up on a pay stub?

Of course it would. Has it? People can see for themselves

change

Didn’t think so.

Didn’t think so.
Would a tax cut show up on a pay stub?

Of course it would. Has it? People can see for themselves

lets try this. Ill pretend that maybe you missed the question.

Did the tax cut double the standard deduction of American families?

And in case you deflected and answered yet another question I didn task...one more time.

Did the tax cut DOUBLE the standard deduction? (and we are just starting. If ever you can be humiliated into answering the question then we can go over the rest of the code)

Forum List

Back