GOP To FAA: Drop Dead

When, oh when are you libs going to realize that the federal government is not an employment service? The federal government does not generate a dime of income. It confiscates money from you and me to fund an incredible bureaucracy. From what I understand the planes are flying and the passengers are getting where they want to go. The next hysterical post I want to see is "GOP to Dept of Education:drop dead".

Well if that's the case, then the righties should stop screeching about ending the space program which brought about endless jobs in the private sector. You can't have it both ways, bub.

Let's discuss it. Is the private sector now considered to be the enemy of the administration? Do you radicals even understand the difference between taxpayer funded federal jobs and the private sector?

You're still going with that tired talking point even after I pointed put to you that most of the workers affected by this shutdown are PRIVATE construction workers? Is that hard for you to understand? Put down the Fox News for just a minute and pay attention. PRIVATE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS ARE LAID OFF BECAUSE OF THIS SHUTDOWN - THOUSANDS OF THEM. Get it yet, or do I need to break out the sock puppets to better explain it to you?

Yes, and the US Senate has it completely within their power to pass the existing bill already passed by the US House. See the previous post of mine.

Sorry, but that's not how it works here in the USA. The Senate does not have to pass an exact copy of a House bill. At least, that's how it has worked until the Tea Party came to town and started acting like their word is gospel.
His stupid is so thick you can stir it with a stick.

Whatchagonna do :disbelief:

When, oh when are thick-headed cons going to realize that we're not talking about fed jobs. Most of the laid off workers are PRIVATE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS. Care to actually follow the facts, or are just going top keep repeating this week's GOP talking points? I mean, seriously, you people cannot be this stupid. This is not a theory, this is a fact: these are private workers, not fed workers. Get a clue and then get back to me.

And it's also a fact that the ball is in the Senate's court. Get a clue and get back to us. take yer time. don't blow any circuits. oh and btw.. if this is private money and not federal money then why is the congress involved in the first place?? doyathink?

Jesus H Christ. Do me a favor, don't even talk to me. You're clueless.

I'm gonna talk to you unless you put me on ignore.. ball's in your court.

You're still going with that tired talking point even after I pointed put to you that most of the workers affected by this shutdown are PRIVATE construction workers? Is that hard for you to understand? Put down the Fox News for just a minute and pay attention. PRIVATE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS ARE LAID OFF BECAUSE OF THIS SHUTDOWN - THOUSANDS OF THEM. Get it yet, or do I need to break out the sock puppets to better explain it to you?

Yes, and the US Senate has it completely within their power to pass the existing bill already passed by the US House. See the previous post of mine.

Sorry, but that's not how it works here in the USA. The Senate does not have to pass an exact copy of a House bill. At least, that's how it has worked until the Tea Party came to town and started acting like their word is gospel.
Except that the matters now contended in this legislation have already been passed in other legislation, and this bill as passed by the House conforms with that prior legislation.

Last edited:
Democrats to FAA: Forcing you to have a union and maintaining it are more important to us then your jobs.

FAA shutdown to continue as Congress leaves *| ajc.com
Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., chairman of the Senate committee that oversees the FAA, held out the possibility that if the Senate were able to pass a bill acceptable to Democrats, it could still be approved by the House using obscure parliamentary procedures, and sent to the White House.

But his House counterpart, Rep. John Mica, R-Fla., ruled out that possibility. The only way left to end the shutdown is for the Senate to agree to a previously passed House bill containing $16.5 million cuts in air service subsidies to 13 rural communities that some Democrats — particularly Rockefeller — find objectionable.

Sorry, but the union thing is NOT what held it up. It was once again Republicans like Mica digging in on "principle" at the expense of 75,000 jobs and a loss of over a billion in tax revenue. Nice going, asshole.

Once again.....as in the debt-ceiling bill.....the House acted and the Democrats in the Senate did nothing. Now they want to blame this on the GOP. Yet another invented crisis.

Sorry, but it doesn't wash. :lame2:

Go sell your shit in San Francisco because nobody's buying it here.

Most of us have better things to do then entertain these silly scenarios the left keeps dreaming up.

The planes are running. The passengers are still getting where they need to be. Should we shed a tear because we no longer have to pay the salaries of 74,000 federal employees? Why not do the same thing to the Dept Ed.or the EPA?

Not Federal employees, construction and maintenance workers.

Seems Wisconsin is picking up. Most of the new jobs last month came from Wisconsin.

Maybe the Dems in DC should do what the Dems in Wisconsin did and just leave. That way something will get done for a change.

Government proclaims Wisconsin employment numbers are on the rise

Employment numbers in Wisconsin rose up last month, according to the latest data received from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The announcement was made by the state Governor today in Milwaukee. Wisconsin is said to have added an estimated 12,900 private-sector jobs from May to June, which is the largest gain over a period of a month of private sector jobs since September 2003.

The biggest contribution in employment generation has come from the private sector, and more so within the tourism industry. According to the data, while the private sector added 12,900 jobs given the seasonal trends and adjustments, the overall total was reduced by retirements and job cuts in the public sector. Therefore, the total net new jobs in Wisconsin last month concluded at 9,500, after taking into consideration the continued decline in government employment which put an adverse impact on the overall hiring numbers created through the gains of the private-sector job creation.

Governor Walker also stated that while hiring in June was dismally low throughout the nation, Wisconsin had contributed in creating half of the net new jobs country-wide.

The statement made by the government today reiterates the conclusions of the job surveys conducted by private staffing agencies like Manpower Group and Chase Economic Outlook Survey this year.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Government proclaims Wisconsin employment numbers are on the rise - Milwaukee Human Resources | Examiner.com Government proclaims Wisconsin employment numbers are on the rise - Milwaukee Human Resources | Examiner.com

LINK

Government proclaims Wisconsin employment numbers are on the rise - Milwaukee Human Resources | Examiner.com

Last edited:
Democrats to FAA: Forcing you to have a union and maintaining it are more important to us then your jobs.

FAA shutdown to continue as Congress leaves *| ajc.com
Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., chairman of the Senate committee that oversees the FAA, held out the possibility that if the Senate were able to pass a bill acceptable to Democrats, it could still be approved by the House using obscure parliamentary procedures, and sent to the White House.

But his House counterpart, Rep. John Mica, R-Fla., ruled out that possibility. The only way left to end the shutdown is for the Senate to agree to a previously passed House bill containing $16.5 million cuts in air service subsidies to 13 rural communities that some Democrats — particularly Rockefeller — find objectionable.

Sorry, but the union thing is NOT what held it up. It was once again Republicans like Mica digging in on "principle" at the expense of 75,000 jobs and a loss of over a billion in tax revenue. Nice going, asshole.

Once again.....as in the debt-ceiling bill.....the House acted and the Democrats in the Senate did nothing. Now they want to blame this on the GOP. Yet another invented crisis.

Sorry, but it doesn't wash. :lame2:

Go sell your shit in San Francisco because nobody's buying it here.

Most of us have better things to do then entertain these silly scenarios the left keeps dreaming up.

Yeah, obviously you have better things to do. So, why don't you go do them?

The planes are running. The passengers are still getting where they need to be. Should we shed a tear because we no longer have to pay the salaries of 74,000 federal employees? Why not do the same thing to the Dept Ed.or the EPA?

Good luck with that one. I've said the same thing no less than 4 times, and they still come back with that tired, and wrong, talking point. I think they're stuck on repeat. Maybe they need to reboot.

And in the meantime, because of some ideological anti-union bullshit, yet another crisis emerges that affects real people in real time right now. When will this current batch of Republicans start doing something for the people, for the country, instead of doing damage just for another opportunity to grandstand about how great they are now that they've stood their ground against Obama and the Democrats?

And by the way, folks, for the past month, literally NOTHING has been taken up in either chamber because of the debt crisis issue and all the phony horseshit accompanying that. That meant around 525 elected officials were standing around picking their noses. Once that issue was resolved (another joke), the House could have just passed the goddamned FAA extension without all the political posturing (again) and avoided this crisis.

The bills in the senate.

What excuse are you using?

Excuse? What excuse? What I said is true. Nothing got done in either the House or the Senate for the past month. The fact that the bill was there, still in draft form, is moot. Now they've all gone on vacation for a month.

:cuckoo:

Good luck with that one. I've said the same thing no less than 4 times, and they still come back with that tired, and wrong, talking point. I think they're stuck on repeat. Maybe they need to reboot.

So you guys are keeping people out of work for unions.

Tell harry to get of his ass and get something done.

GOP - Dedicated the joblessness in America.

Wonderful thing to run on in 2012.
You sound like Obama today.

Unemployment claims up 60% for the month of July over June, he blames the Republicans for trying to reduce spending in the debt ceiling debate for the numbers. Of course, it has absolutely nothing to do with his policies, and the policies of his administration.

Accountability. Liberals lack it completely.

So you guys are keeping people out of work for unions.

Tell harry to get of his ass and get something done.

Harry is kissing he pomegrante trees. he ain't got time.

It's a fight with the rural airports.
It is costing too much to the tax payers. About 200 billion a year.
Once again Harry Reid has it wrong. The airport in Ely Nevada will not be cut.
The ones that are up for cuts are in a 50 to 90 mile radius and Ely is 217 miles from the nearest large airport.
The 10 that would be shut down have just a handful of people using them and are not cost effective.The ones using them the most are the Senators who fly home on the weekends.

Harry and all other Senators need to start reading these bills before they open their mouths and put their foot in it.
Miles from major metro area, rural Ely airport could close - Thursday, July 21, 2011 | 2 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

The Wingnuts in the House targeted only small airports in Blue states, stuck it in the bill without any negotiation with the Senate, then left town.

That shit don't fly, and they know it.

How is the GOP going to make up this lost revenue?

Forum List

Back