GOP To FAA: Drop Dead

An estimated 70,000 construction jobs are now lost due to teabagger radicals.

The House did it's job and passed the bill.
It's the Dems who didn't pass it in the Senate.

^Obviously the talking point of the right that will be repeated ad nauseam but which is absolutely meaningless without also acknowledging the back story. But hey, "We don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem" worked so well for several months, so I'm sure they'll go with those two lines. After all, there seem to be very few people who can actually piece together all the facts and arrive at the genuine truth these days.

Well did the House pass the bill? YES

DID the Senate pass the bill? NO

it's just that simple. ball's in your court.

What part of "We're going to change the way Washington does business" don't you understand people???

I hope you do. And I hope I'm still around to listen to you whine when the country all comes crashing down. This time for good.

First, The GOP want the rules left as they were. So democrats decided the issue of unionizing federals employees was more important then revenue.

Its that simple.

And in the meantime, because of some ideological anti-union bullshit, yet another crisis emerges that affects real people in real time right now. When will this current batch of Republicans start doing something for the people, for the country, instead of doing damage just for another opportunity to grandstand about how great they are now that they've stood their ground against Obama and the Democrats?

And by the way, folks, for the past month, literally NOTHING has been taken up in either chamber because of the debt crisis issue and all the phony horseshit accompanying that. That meant around 525 elected officials were standing around picking their noses. Once that issue was resolved (another joke), the House could have just passed the goddamned FAA extension without all the political posturing (again) and avoided this crisis.

The bills in the senate.

What excuse are you using?

Excuse? What excuse? What I said is true. Nothing got done in either the House or the Senate for the past month. The fact that the bill was there, still in draft form, is moot. Now they've all gone on vacation for a month.

i would think that it takes two to stalemate.

fail

Of course you would see it that way.

It takes one side to hold the other side hostage. All the GOP has to do is give up their fight against airline employees unionizing. I mean, they're all about jobs, right? At least, that's the sham that they sold voters on in 2010. I guess the joke's on the voters.

truths and half truths are what liars are all about. The GOP is against employees being FORCED to join unions. Thanks for playing.

That's NOT what held up the funding. Educate yourself for once. This one isn't as tough as most, so even you should get it.

When, oh when are you libs going to realize that the federal government is not an employment service? The federal government does not generate a dime of income. It confiscates money from you and me to fund an incredible bureaucracy. From what I understand the planes are flying and the passengers are getting where they want to go. The next hysterical post I want to see is "GOP to Dept of Education:drop dead".

The House did it's job and passed the bill.
It's the Dems who didn't pass it in the Senate.

^Obviously the talking point of the right that will be repeated ad nauseam but which is absolutely meaningless without also acknowledging the back story. But hey, "We don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem" worked so well for several months, so I'm sure they'll go with those two lines. After all, there seem to be very few people who can actually piece together all the facts and arrive at the genuine truth these days.

Sometimes I'm actually shocked at your ignorance. The HOUSE HOLDS THE FUCKING PURSE STRINGS. When a SPENDING bill passes both chambers, it then goes back to the H.O.U.S.E. Appropriations Committee (now controlled by REPUBLICANS) for the funding. The sheer urgency of this situation called for immediate passage of an extension by THE HOUSE with no goddamned strings attached, which it refused to do.

Get it now? Or shall I have my neighbor's three-year old explain it to you?

When, oh when are you libs going to realize that the federal government is not an employment service? The federal government does not generate a dime of income. It confiscates money from you and me to fund an incredible bureaucracy. From what I understand the planes are flying and the passengers are getting where they want to go. The next hysterical post I want to see is "GOP to Dept of Education:drop dead".

Well if that's the case, then the righties should stop screeching about ending the space program which brought about endless jobs in the private sector. You can't have it both ways, bub.

I should apologize for my excessive profanity here. But this particular issue has me seeing red. I'm so fed up with these Washington ideologues who think they're "serving" the country, I've had it. They need to be called out for what they are. Phonies.

Sometimes I'm actually shocked at your ignorance. The HOUSE HOLDS THE FUCKING PURSE STRINGS. When a SPENDING bill passes both chambers, it then goes back to the H.O.U.S.E. Appropriations Committee (now controlled by REPUBLICANS) for the funding. The sheer urgency of this situation called for immediate passage of an extension by THE HOUSE with no goddamned strings attached, which it refused to do.

Get it now? Or shall I have my neighbor's three-year old explain it to you?

Oh I got it. the house did it's part, the Senate instead of debating and giving the bill an up or down vote left DC and will be off til roughly SEPT. If they care a wit about those employees they'd have done their jobs.

The Dems got pissed because Hatch brought up a bill that would defund some very unused rural area airports, about 10 of them. They don't' have enough traffic to keep them going without Federal subsidies.
We could save about 200 billion a year with them being shut down.
Most of them were built by pork, by Dem's, so that they would have more convince. They had these rural airports built for them, to fly home on weekends, instead of having to drive from the bigger airports.
Poor little Dem's will have to drive a few miles out of their way to go home to their districts.
Alaska and Hawaii were exempt because that is mostly how they travel, in samll planes.

Remember the days when the dimocrats took the wh, the senate and the house? Know what they said to us? "Elections have consequences" now they are having a meltdown because the Republicans reside in the house. I think it's just too damn funny.

You're still going with that tired talking point even after I pointed put to you that most of the workers affected by this shutdown are PRIVATE construction workers? Is that hard for you to understand? Put down the Fox News for just a minute and pay attention. PRIVATE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS ARE LAID OFF BECAUSE OF THIS SHUTDOWN - THOUSANDS OF THEM. Get it yet, or do I need to break out the sock puppets to better explain it to you?

You're still going with that tired talking point even after I pointed put to you that most of the workers affected by this shutdown are PRIVATE construction workers? Is that hard for you to understand? Put down the Fox News for just a minute and pay attention. PRIVATE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS ARE LAID OFF BECAUSE OF THIS SHUTDOWN - THOUSANDS OF THEM. Get it yet, or do I need to break out the sock puppets to better explain it to you?

When, oh when are you libs going to realize that the federal government is not an employment service?

Get it yet?

The Dems got pissed because Hatch brought up a bill that would defund some very unused rural area airports, about 10 of them. They don't' have enough traffic to keep them going without Federal subsidies.
We could save about 200 billion a year with them being shut down.
Most of them were built by pork, by Dem's, so that they would have more convince. They had these rural airports built for them, to fly home on weekends, instead of having to drive from the bigger airports.
Poor little Dem's will have to drive a few miles out of their way to go home to their districts.
Alaska and Hawaii were exempt because that is mostly how they travel, in samll planes.

This bill has already passed in the house and accepted by the senate, but the senate wants the change about unions votes to be counted as a simple majority of members voting versus a majority of the whole membership in which workers which didn't vote counted as a no vote, and this is a change from the way it has already passed. And the part about denying funding for these small airports was already included in the bill; the Senate could pass the existing version already passed by the house in a senate "pro forma" session, which is running right now.
It is up to them; they should just do it and stop with the political grandstanding.

LaHood, the president, and Harry Reid want the Republicans in the house to come back and change it to suit them. It is the Senate that is holding up the funding.

Last edited:

Yes, and the US Senate has it completely within their power to pass the existing bill already passed by the US House. See the previous post of mine.

When, oh when are you libs going to realize that the federal government is not an employment service?

Get it yet?

When, oh when are thick-headed cons going to realize that we're not talking about fed jobs. Most of the laid off workers are PRIVATE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS. Care to actually follow the facts, or are just going top keep repeating this week's GOP talking points? I mean, seriously, you people cannot be this stupid. This is not a theory, this is a fact: these are private workers, not fed workers. Get a clue and then get back to me.

Get it yet?

When, oh when are thick-headed cons going to realize that we're not talking about fed jobs. Most of the laid off workers are PRIVATE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS. Care to actually follow the facts, or are just going top keep repeating this week's GOP talking points? I mean, seriously, you people cannot be this stupid. This is not a theory, this is a fact: these are private workers, not fed workers. Get a clue and then get back to me.

And it's also a fact that the ball is in the Senate's court. Get a clue and get back to us. take yer time. don't blow any circuits. oh and btw.. if this is private money and not federal money then why is the congress involved in the first place?? doyathink?

Yes, and the US Senate has it completely within their power to pass the existing bill already passed by the US House. See the previous post of mine.

Sorry, but that's not how it works here in the USA. The Senate does not have to pass an exact copy of a House bill. At least, that's how it has worked until the Tea Party came to town and started acting like their word is gospel.

Get it yet?

And it's also a fact that the ball is in the Senate's court. Get a clue and get back to us. take yer time. don't blow any circuits. oh and btw.. if this is private money and not federal money then why is the congress involved in the first place?? doyathink?

Jesus H Christ. Do me a favor, don't even talk to me. You're clueless.

Forum List

Back