GOP to do what Obama refused to do - Go after Bush!

The reason Democrats did not go after Bush is there was nothing they could find to nail him on that Democrats were not a party to. Over the last 2 years Democrats have proven there were no facts to back their political rhetoric. Democrats have continued to prosecute the wars & continue much of the Bush agenda that weakened privacy rights.

On the other hand Democrats may have traded their Bush witch hunt for congress to overlook that Democrats ACORN & SEIU have colluded to undermine the democratic election system.

I like that twist and dodge. Only, it doesn't work.

Why all this thing with Acorn. Sure, some of the workers fraudulently registered Paul Newman and Donald Duck, but did Paul Newman and Donald Duck turn up to vote? Never. And who reported the fraudulent registration? Turns out it was Acorn employees.

I wish Republicans would point to "real" problems.

Problems like:

How did the US end up in Iraq?

How did 9 billion "disappear"?

How could only a couple of people be responsible for Enron?

How could 2.4 million jobs move to China from 2001 to 2008?

And why do Republicans want to blame everything on Democrats? From 2006 to 2008, Democrats held 49 senate seats. Yes, ONLY 49. How is that a majority? Because "independent" Joe Lieberman caucused with Democrats? The Joe Lieberman who endorsed John McCain? THAT Joe Lieberman?

I would love Republicans to take some iota of responsibility. Just a tad. Only a tiny, itty bit.
At least once. Just a single time.

images

Ken Lay, now you're going to pay for your Enron crimes!! You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney...are you listening to me?

:rofl:

images

Ken Lay, now you're going to pay for your Enron crimes!! You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney...are you listening to me?

The problem with the right wing is they are so easily tricked. They actually believed the billions stolen by Enron was because of one or two people. It takes hundreds of people, at least, to steal that much money. Republicans will offer up one or two sacrificial lambs and their base will be satisfied, probably because most own their Winnebago's and know no will take take their "wealth".

Hmmm, you may be right, one of the charges was "Mail fraud" who delivers the mail? The guys in the mail room!

rdean, you're a genius!

Last edited:
So was the annual deficit.

You know that's not true.

By time Bush left office, the US was losing jobs at the rate of 750,000 jobs a month. That started in 2001. This kind of hemorrhaging doesn't happen overnight.

Bush didn't include the cost of either war in any of his budgets. Nor the cost of the 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut for the rich, which is what funded the jobs move to China.

Nor was the "Votes for Drugs" bill that cost a trillion right off that Republicans passed through reconciliation.

Why don't you guys ever admit any of this. It's recent history. It was like only yesterday.

Bush was in charge for 8 years and Republicans had BOTH houses for 6 and yet, they did NOTHING? Nothing at all?

What did Republicans do for all those years? Nothing? Come on people. Show some responsibility.

actually... issa on today's 'daily rundown'

I’m going to be investigating a president of my own party, because many of the issues we’re working on began [with] President Bush or even before, and haven’t been solved,” Issa said during an interview on MSNBC’s “The Daily Rundown

Read more: Darrell Issa: I'll investigate George W. Bush too - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

interesting... i don't believe him... but interesting.

He won't really have much choice. Obama has been president for 22 months. Bush was president for 8 years and Republicans held both houses for 6. And from 2006 to 2008, Democrats held the senate with 49 votes. Hardly a "super majority". What could they do in that time?

Any road traveled will lead back to the Republicans. Iraq, Enron, billions disappearing, lies. There is not a lot he could do to Obama without inditing Republicans. I think he pretty much admitted that.

I think he has presidential aspirations. How willing would Republicans be to vote for someone who exposed Republicans? I suspect he may not have thought it all the way through.

He said nothing of the kind.

I watched the whole thing. Nothing the Bush administration has done will be investigated under Issa.

You must have a comprehension problem or you are a fucking liar. He clearly states Bush is responsible & Obama has only been 22 months. Just man up and admit or STFU......

How many jobs was the economy losing before Democrats controlled Congress in 2007?

This is why it's difficult having a conversation with your "kind".

For one thing, Democrats only had 49 seats in the Senate and we know, they "don't" vote in a block like the Republicans.

Second, the economy doesn't change "overnight". You can put a policy in place and the results of that policy will take years to filter down through the economy.

Besides, Bush gave a 2.4 trillion dollar tax break. Did it create millions of "new" jobs? Well, yes it did. In China. Was that the Republican's goal? If it was, it worked beyond our wildest dreams.

You know, it's OK to do some research. Not just repeat carefully crafted talking points not based in data or reality.

How many jobs was the economy losing before Democrats controlled Congress in 2007?

This is why it's difficult having a conversation with your "kind".

For one thing, Democrats only had 49 seats in the Senate and we know, they "don't" vote in a block like the Republicans.

Second, the economy doesn't change "overnight". You can put a policy in place and the results of that policy will take years to filter down through the economy.

Besides, Bush gave a 2.4 trillion dollar tax break. Did it create millions of "new" jobs? Well, yes it did. In China. Was that the Republican's goal? If it was, it worked beyond our wildest dreams.

You know, it's OK to do some research. Not just repeat carefully crafted talking points not based in data or reality.

You mean it changed overnight from 2007-2008 but could not change overnight from 2009-2010?

News Headlines

one of two most important figures to emerge is North County Congressman Darrell Issa.

Issa is poised to become a major player in national politics if he wins re-election and Republicans claim a majority of seats in the House of Representatives.

If those two things happen, the 57-year old Republican from Vista becomes chairman of the powerful House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Tonight Could Be Very Good for Darrell Issa | NBC San Diego

Darrel-Issa.jpg

Issa points out that Obama has only been president for 22 months and the problems all started under Bush.

Remember the 9 billion lost in Iraq? Remember almost no one was prosecuted after Enron? Remember the money Cheney made from Iraq and the Bush/Cheney energy policy and how the Bush administration not only gave leases to oil companies, but gave those same companies subsidies?

He is asking the president for subpoena power, when Republicans denied the president subpoena power after BP so BP couldn't be investigated. Now THAT part is hilarious.

Be careful what you ask for. Let's see if Issa actually goes after Bush like he keeps promising. Obama wanted to "heal the nation", which is why he refused to point fingers at the last administration. Will Issa be as "honest" and "transparent" as he says he wants to be? Will he do the right thing?

Does being this Stupid Hurt at all?... :lol:

:)

peace...

Bush didn't include the cost of either war in any of his budgets. Nor the cost of the 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut for the rich, which is what funded the jobs move to China.

How exactly did that work?

You need to hurry to the doctor & take advantage of that free Obamacare system, because you are suffering from a sever case of (BDS) "Booossshhh Derangement Syndrome" & it is affecting your postings.

Oops, my bad? I forgot that the Obamacare that raised our health insurance & taxes is not working. To bad for you that the core of the plan is not to get sick so you won't notice the fraud.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back