GOP to do what Obama refused to do - Go after Bush!

News Headlines

one of two most important figures to emerge is North County Congressman Darrell Issa.

Issa is poised to become a major player in national politics if he wins re-election and Republicans claim a majority of seats in the House of Representatives.

If those two things happen, the 57-year old Republican from Vista becomes chairman of the powerful House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Tonight Could Be Very Good for Darrell Issa | NBC San Diego

Darrel-Issa.jpg

Issa points out that Obama has only been president for 22 months and the problems all started under Bush.

Remember the 9 billion lost in Iraq? Remember almost no one was prosecuted after Enron? Remember the money Cheney made from Iraq and the Bush/Cheney energy policy and how the Bush administration not only gave leases to oil companies, but gave those same companies subsidies?

He is asking the president for subpoena power, when Republicans denied the president subpoena power after BP so BP couldn't be investigated. Now THAT part is hilarious.

Be careful what you ask for. Let's see if Issa actually goes after Bush like he keeps promising. Obama wanted to "heal the nation", which is why he refused to point fingers at the last administration. Will Issa be as "honest" and "transparent" as he says he wants to be? Will he do the right thing?

hey Dean here you are.....we are still waiting in that other thread for you and Sallow to show us those links for the accusations you guys made.....should i tell everyone there that your full of shit and wont be over?....

News Headlines

one of two most important figures to emerge is North County Congressman Darrell Issa.

Issa is poised to become a major player in national politics if he wins re-election and Republicans claim a majority of seats in the House of Representatives.

If those two things happen, the 57-year old Republican from Vista becomes chairman of the powerful House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Darrel-Issa.jpg

Issa points out that Obama has only been president for 22 months and the problems all started under Bush.

Remember the 9 billion lost in Iraq? Remember almost no one was prosecuted after Enron? Remember the money Cheney made from Iraq and the Bush/Cheney energy policy and how the Bush administration not only gave leases to oil companies, but gave those same companies subsidies?

He is asking the president for subpoena power, when Republicans denied the president subpoena power after BP so BP couldn't be investigated. Now THAT part is hilarious.

Be careful what you ask for. Let's see if Issa actually goes after Bush like he keeps promising. Obama wanted to "heal the nation", which is why he refused to point fingers at the last administration. Will Issa be as "honest" and "transparent" as he says he wants to be? Will he do the right thing?

Don't want to hear it. The very second Bush's win was confirmed ALL and ANY problems Clinton became Bush's problems. Two years after Bush left office you lefties are STILL blaming him.

And save the "heal the nation" crap. Obama has done everything but hold a poster with "It's Bush's Fault" in neon.

Not that I'm surprised since NOTHING is E-V-E-R the left's fault ...:cuckoo:

How many jobs was the economy losing before Democrats controlled Congress in 2007?

This is why it's difficult having a conversation with your "kind".

For one thing, Democrats only had 49 seats in the Senate and we know, they "don't" vote in a block like the Republicans.

Second, the economy doesn't change "overnight". You can put a policy in place and the results of that policy will take years to filter down through the economy.

Besides, Bush gave a 2.4 trillion dollar tax break. Did it create millions of "new" jobs? Well, yes it did. In China. Was that the Republican's goal? If it was, it worked beyond our wildest dreams.

You know, it's OK to do some research. Not just repeat carefully crafted talking points not based in data or reality.

You mean it changed overnight from 2007-2008 but could not change overnight from 2009-2010?

No, it hasn't changed overnight. Obama and the Democrats managed to stop the hemorrhaging, but did they bring the economy back to pre 2001 levels, no. It will take years for the economy to recover from what the Republicans did from 2001 to 2008. That much is obvious.

What will be interesting is what Republicans will do next. "Stop the spending" and "make things better" aren't policy. They are fantasy. Policy is what we expect next. Can't wait. I love comedy.

News Headlines

Darrel-Issa.jpg

hey Dean here you are.....we are still waiting in that other thread for you and Sallow to show us those links for the accusations you guys made.....should i tell everyone there that your full of shit and wont be over?....

And what "unproven" accusations were those?

oh here we go again, Dean playing the ...."What are you talking about game"......the accusations made here.......show me your mighty links backing up YOUR accusations that ALL Republicans believe what you posted here.......
Quote by Dean......

You mean the place Republicans want to turn into a "white Iran"? Only Christian?

Kill the gays.

Get rid of the Hispanics.

Mandatory religion.

Get rid of science.

No women's rights.

WHERE ARE THE LINKS backing this up?......

News Headlines

Darrel-Issa.jpg

Harry has tried the same childish lie on me. He's so desperate to win a fight on the internet, he makes up victories in imaginary threads

oh here we go again, Dean playing the ...."What are you talking about game"......the accusations made here.......show me your mighty links backing up YOUR accusations that ALL Republicans believe what you posted here.......
Quote by Dean......

You mean the place Republicans want to turn into a "white Iran"? Only Christian?

Kill the gays.

Mandatory religion.

Get rid of science.

No women's rights.

All together? Or one at a time?

Well, let's start with "Women's rights".

(Washington, D.C.) – U.S. Sen. David Vitter today announced that he plans to use every procedural tool under his senatorial rights to filibuster, “hold” or block the Freedom of Choice Act from moving forward in the Senate.

Senator David Vitter

First, I think it's hilarious that a man who sleeps at whorehouses in two different states would be against women's rights.

How many right wingers don't know that Republicans have been running, all over the country, on a platform of denying abortions to women who have even been raped?

When are Republicans going to be on the side of women?

You know it's a pretty sleazy thing to keep saying, "All Republicans". I have never said that and a lying sack of shit, such as yourself, will never admit that. You ask me for links and yet, you will never, ever produce one where I said "all Republicans". But that's OK. It's what "your kind" does.

You mean it changed overnight from 2007-2008 but could not change overnight from 2009-2010?

You really don't know anything about budgets, do you? You don't even know how to refer to budgets. It's not 2007-2008; It's FY 2008

The Democrats won in 2006, but they didn't take office until 2007, by which time, the FY2007 had already been passed by the previous REPUBLICAN congress.

IOW, you're trying to blame dems for a budget the republicans passed. EVERY. SINGLE. REPUBLICAN voted for that budget

Now tell us again how it's the dems fault:cuckoo:

No, the economy was fine until 2007.
=====================
Egads!
With the Federal Goverment, the fiscal year starts on October 1st and ends on September 30th the following year.
Therefore, the Democrats first budget started on October 1st, 2007. So in other words, for the year 2007, for the first complete 9 months this country was running with the GOP fiscal budget.
No one with any kind of knowledge of economics would ever try to blame the Dems for the economic downturn that began December 2007 considering the GOP was responsible for all federal budgets starting on October 1st 1995 through September 30th, 2007.
What's there not to understand?

"Obama wanted to "heal the nation", which is why he refused to point fingers at the last administration."

You're kidding, right? All he's done is point fingers at the previous administration.
In a manner which appears aggressive but does no harm, which is analogous to professional wrestling. I don't want Obama to point a finger and lodge impotent complaints. I want him to appoint someone like Vincent Bugliosi as Attorney General and aim him at the Bush Crime Family with orders to get convictions.

But Obama will leave Office as a relatively young man with many active years ahead of him and an interest in a new career, either as a university dean or as a partner in a prestigious law firm. So he does not intend to make enemies who could interfere with those plans -- or worse.

Fool:

Watch the first link video starting at 5:58.

He clearly says that he wants to go after Mineral Management whose policies were put in place by Bush.

Then he goes on to say it was be "disingenuous" to blame this president who has only been president for 22 months when the problems all started under Bush.

Come on you bunch of fucking idiots. Watch the fucking video. The first link at the top.

You guys always complain you don't like my links. Well this interview is from ONE OF YOUR OWN. What the hell is wrong with you people?

You're an idiot.

He said nothing of the kind.

I watched the whole thing. Nothing the Bush administration has done will be investigated under Issa.

Here, let me help you. I just typed out what he said:

"Under president Bush, the mineral management service was dysfunctional. We pointed it out, didn’t get if fixed and the people in the gulf paid a high price for it. So when we say we need to work together to fix this, we expect to have more co-operations.

It would be disingenuous to suggest that all problems in American began with President Obama 22 months ago. They didn’t. Most of the problems we’re fixing, uh, in fact, didn’t begin on his watch."

Hungry?

carrion%20crow_300_tcm9-139740_v1.jpg

Absolutely not.

You've obviously not been following Darrell Issa in the slightest.

There is no way Issa is going to start an investigation into the Bush administration. He didn't even when he had the power to do so.

He's been saying that the Obama administration is the most corrupt in history. That's who he's going after..exclusively.

He may have toned down the rhetoric a bit..and you may be falling for it. But that doesn't mean Issa is going to lift a finger to do anything about Bush.

Quote by Dean......

Kill the gays.

Mandatory religion.

Get rid of science.

No women's rights.

He doesn't have them. Just fruitcake notions.

He's not promising to go after Bush. He gave him a pass already. He said something like "Well yeah Bush spent alot of money..but he had 9/11 and he kept us safe". He also acknowledge that Cheney did the same thing with Pawlenty that Clinton did with Sestak, but, now it's more of a problem..because, um, it's NOW.

Issa is going after President Obama, exclusively. And my hope is that President Obama does the "executive priviledge" tap dance the Bush administration did when even the slightest inquiries were made into what he was up to. That will be freakin hilarious to see if Scalia rules against his own decisions.

Fool:

He clearly says that he wants to go after Mineral Management whose policies were put in place by Bush.

Then he goes on to say it was be "disingenuous" to blame this president who has only been president for 22 months when the problems all started under Bush.

Come on you bunch of fucking idiots. Watch the fucking video. The first link at the top.

You guys always complain you don't like my links. Well this interview is from ONE OF YOUR OWN. What the hell is wrong with you people?
(Pssst. Sallow is on 'your side', Deanie-do.)

Anyone who's been watching Issa at all over the last year or so..knows that he started by frothing at the mouth calling the Obama administration the most corrupt in history..and wanted to open an investigation regarding Sestak and Clinton. He's cleaned up his act a bit..and mellowed it for the masses. But there is absolutely no way he's going to be auditing or investigating the Bush administration. No way..no how.

News Headlines

Darrel-Issa.jpg

GEN_115_LR-13.jpg

Could somebody clue this dummy in...............ITS 2010 ASSHOLE!!!:lol::lol:

Anyone who's been watching Issa at all over the last year or so..knows that he started by frothing at the mouth calling the Obama administration the most corrupt in history..and wanted to open an investigation regarding Sestak and Clinton. He's cleaned up his act a bit..and mellowed it for the masses. But there is absolutely no way he's going to be auditing or investigating the Bush administration. No way..no how.

Of course he wont, but I look forward to his futile investigations of the Obama admin over nonsense. It will be their downfall in 2012, the same way it was in 1996

He's not promising to go after Bush. He gave him a pass already. He said something like "Well yeah Bush spent alot of money..but he had 9/11 and he kept us safe". He also acknowledge that Cheney did the same thing with Pawlenty that Clinton did with Sestak, but, now it's more of a problem..because, um, it's NOW.

Issa is going after President Obama, exclusively. And my hope is that President Obama does the "executive priviledge" tap dance the Bush administration did when even the slightest inquiries were made into what he was up to. That will be freakin hilarious to see if Scalia rules against his own decisions.

Fool:

(Pssst. Sallow is on 'your side', Deanie-do.)

I'm not on anyone's "side". I don't keep track of "views". I just give mine.

And I'm on the side of the United States and Republicans are NOT on that side. I asked members on this board to name a single "good" thing Republicans have done for this country in the last 20 years and no one could name anything. Not one thing.

Democrats on the other hand.

They have stood up to insurance companies even though we didn't get a public option.

Democrats have stood up against Wall Street, but not as well as I would have liked.

Democrats got a pledge from BP.

And why didn't Democrats do more? Think about it. Why didn't the Democrats do more?

Take just the pledge from BP. Who gave BP a fucking apology? How can that be? After what BP did, Republicans "apoligized"? Someone explain that to me.

Of course he wont, but I look forward to his futile investigations of the Obama admin over nonsense. It will be their downfall in 2012, the same way it was in 1996

Yep.

And President Obama's probably much more "straight laced" then President Clinton. But they do want to go for the gold.

Forum List

Back