GOP Ties Payroll Cuts and Unemployment Benefits to Canada Pipeline - GOOD JOB GOP!!!!

Interestingly enough, in Nebraska (a very red state) they are taking a long hard look at this because it crosses over a major aquifer in the state.

Now...........if they play fast and loose with building this damn thing (like they did with Deepwater Horizon), and a spill happens, what are you going to drink?

The Deepwater Horizon was problem-free for 10 years.
And are you really comparing a drilling rig to a pipeline? Really?
And pray tell, how much oil did they pump during those 10 years???

This pipeline would be a pretty huge 'Shovel-Ready Project' no? The President should be strongly in favor of this. This should be an easy deal to make for him and the Democrats. It's a Win/Win for everyone.
For Canada, yes.
The GOP care more about creating Canadian jobs than they do about struggling middle class Americans!!!

Interestingly enough, in Nebraska (a very red state) they are taking a long hard look at this because it crosses over a major aquifer in the state.

Now...........if they play fast and loose with building this damn thing (like they did with Deepwater Horizon), and a spill happens, what are you going to drink?

Obviously enough to be profitable.

Yea i mean this pipeline would create Thousands & Thousands of those 'Shovel-Ready Jobs" he's always going on about. So I don't see how him and the Democrats can refuse to do this deal. If it's just about his loony Left 'Global Warming' base,he should just say to hell with em and do the deal anyway. It's the right deal at the right time.

Hmm a good thread to study.

What happened to the automatic accross the board cuts to kick in with the failure of the stupor comittee?

Yea i mean this pipeline would create Thousands & Thousands of those 'Shovel-Ready Jobs" he's always going on about. So I don't see how him and the Democrats can refuse to do this deal. If it's just about his loony Left 'Global Warming' base,he should just say to hell with em and do the deal anyway. It's the right deal at the right time.

Yep we need to expoort much of that Canadian oil.

This pipeline would be a pretty huge 'Shovel-Ready Project' no? The President should be strongly in favor of this. This should be an easy deal to make for him and the Democrats. It's a Win/Win for everyone.

I think its a union/contractor thing...

Without question there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans that are skilled and would be glad to work such a project.

From civil engineers to general laborers.

Interesting that the same leglislation package cuts EPA funding 3% or so.
And raises military spending 1%.

Look deeper and see past the media directed focus points.
You will understand lots more.

Obviously enough to be profitable.
None at all, it was CAPPED. It was not capped properly and exploded. The only oil that made it on to the market was the oil that was skimmed off after the leak!!! So much for reducing our dependence on foreign oil and lowering the price with new finds of oil.
CON$ are the most gullible people on Earth!!!

Here's a huge amount of 'Shovel-Ready Jobs.' Does he want them or not? It's his call. This is what Bi-Partisanship is all about. Except in his case he really wouldn't be giving up much. He would get the jobs and get his tax-cut. Now if he believes losing some of his Left 'Global Warming' base is too much of a cost,then i guess he will have to refuse the deal. I guess we'll see what he decides.

What happened to the automatic accross the board cuts to kick in with the failure of the stupor comittee?

This is a private sector job... Which is probably another reason why dems oppose it...

Without question there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans that are skilled and would be glad to work such a project.

Americans may well be glad to work on such a project, but mostly Canadians will get the jobs.

Here's a huge amount of 'Shovel-Ready Jobs.' Does he want them or not? It's his call. This is what Bi-Partisanship is all about. Except in his case he really wouldn't be giving up much. He would get the jobs and get his tax-cut. Now if he believes losing some of his Left 'Global Warming' base is too much of a cost,then i guess he will have to refuse the deal. I guess we'll see what he decides.
Shovel-Ready CANADIAN jobs. The GOP cares more about Canada than the USA!!!

This is a private sector job... Which is probably another reason why dems oppose it...

Libs love spending a trillion dollars of money we do
not have in order to get $10.00 worth of benefit back.
Worth it to them if it goes to the public sector unions. :D

And Democrats don't believe Tax Cuts create jobs anyway. So what's all the fuss about? I think this was a brilliant move by the Republicans. Here's the 'Shovel-Ready Jobs' Mr. President. Do you want them or not? I guess we'll see where he really stands on this stuff. It's put up or shut up time for sure.

Americans may well be glad to work on such a project, but mostly Canadians will get the jobs.

This line is supposed to stretch to Texas eventually, not to mention Canada only has a population of 30,000,000 and the US has a population of 300,000,000. They may need some help as well.

Yeah.......but lets not forget the studies that state it will create a huge carbon footprint.

Oh wait........forgot..........you guys believe climate change is a myth.

If that's true, why is there no snow in Sweden this year? Wanna talk about the hottest summer in the US in many years?

New Jersey had eight inches of snow in October .....:eusa_whistle:

Libs love spending a trillion dollars of money we do
not have in order to get $10.00 worth of benefit back.
Worth it to them if it goes to the public sector unions. :D

Thats what they do....at least we cant say they're frugal :badgrin:

This line is supposed to stretch to Texas eventually, not to mention Canada only has a population of 30,000,000 and the US has a population of 300,000,000. They may need some help as well.
It's going to take more than 30 million Canadians to build it!?! :cuckoo:
They might need some low paid grunts, so they will probably hire Mexicans.

Forum List

Back