GOP Ties Payroll Cuts and Unemployment Benefits to Canada Pipeline - GOOD JOB GOP!!!!

Jobs are jobs and Americans sure do need em. I think the President and Democrats will have to go along with this. They don't have a choice.

You guys may wish to check with NASA. I'm pretty sure they've got better info than you.
NASA did a 2 year study which came to the conclusion that over the last 100 years the Earth's average temp increased by a grand total of 1.8 degrees C..The study also stated that the cause is not clear. The study NEVER concluded the cause was humans.
This study really pissed off the enviro/ global warming crowd.
It was the basis of the change in terms from "global warming" to "climate change".

You do realize that if we actually create jobs, we won't need as much unemployment money.

Believe it or not, some people would rather be working than sitting on their asses collecting gumint checks.

its a 2 for 1. The taxpayer no longer has the burden of the unemployment expense and the government gets tax revenue from the income of the worker and from the employer.

Also...guys....don't fall for biker's red herring. I mean seriously how does building the pipeline make it so we are going to use more oil than we use now? Its not it just changes who we buy it from....our enemies in the middle east or our canadian allies to the north.

It's nice we still have an ally on the planet. :eusa_silenced:

It also costs 15% more to refine because of the sand.
Keystone XL Oil Pipeline: Today's Most Explosive Environmental Debate - Jordan Weissmann - Business - The Atlantic
Oil pipelines caused billions of dollars in property damage due to leaks, fires and explosions during the past decade. A single spill in 2010 dumped as much as a million gallons of oil into the Kalamazoo River. That track record has Nebraskans nervous, since the pipeline's route runs through the massive Ogallala Aquifer, and many are concerned about the potential impact of an oil spill on the region's drinking water.

You do realize that if we actually create jobs, we won't need as much unemployment money.

Believe it or not, some people would rather be working than sitting on their asses collecting gumint checks.

its a 2 for 1. The taxpayer no longer has the burden of the unemployment expense and the government gets tax revenue from the income of the worker and from the employer.

Also...guys....don't fall for biker's red herring. I mean seriously how does building the pipeline make it so we are going to use more oil than we use now? Its not it just changes who we buy it from....our enemies in the middle east or our canadian allies to the north.

It's nice we still have an ally on the planet. :eusa_silenced:
well...if we start to sell arms to their enemies without their knowledge or permission.. using their borders as a conduit for the weapons....you know...sort of like with fast and furious..

We will most certainly find ourselves kissing that friendship goodbye.

Yeah.......but lets not forget the studies that state it will create a huge carbon footprint.

Oh wait........forgot..........you guys believe climate change is a myth.

If that's true, why is there no snow in Sweden this year? Wanna talk about the hottest summer in the US in many years?

Global Warming is a con that only douche bags continue to defend.

Remember when you numskulls said the record snow falls and cold temperatures a couple of winters ago were "just weather?" Ski resorts in Colorado opened earlier than they ever have this winter.

For every weather anecdote you supply I can supply two. They don't prove a thing.

The con was running well for a while, but now no one is fooled.

The jig is up.

So cutting Taxes does create jobs after all? Now the Democrats are confusing me. I don't know where they're coming from anymore. A few months ago they were ranting everyday about how cutting Taxes doesn't create jobs. Now they're saying it does? And if it is all about the jobs,why not support this pipeline which will create thousands? I just don't understand their positions anymore.

Last edited:
Very few jobs for a very short period of time - yep, the Big Oil owned GObP, for you.

Moreover, they're always so damned dishonest. Why can't they just admit they're against jobs instead of sneaking around.

Oh wait - its the pub/bags. That's the way they do things.

They hate the prez more than they have ever loved our country and they love the wealthy even more than that. Almost makes me feel guilty that the sorriest speaker since gingrich had to take time off the golf course to step in front of a camera. But, hey, his tan looks good.

Very few jobs for a very short period of time - yep, the Big Oil owned GObP, for you.

Moreover, they're always so damned dishonest. Why can't they just admit they're against jobs instead of sneaking around.

They hate the prez more than they have ever loved our country and they love the wealthy even more than that. Almost makes me feel guilty that the sorriest speaker since gingrich had to take time off the golf course to step in front of a camera. But, hey, his tan looks good.

Awww... Nice sob story - now grow the fuck up....

So cutting Taxes does create jobs after all? Now the Democrats are confusing me. I don't know where they're coming from anymore. A few months ago they were ranting everyday about how cutting Taxes doesn't create jobs. Now they're saying it does? And if it is all about the jobs,why not support this pipeline which will create thousands. I just don't understand their positions anymore.

The only "job" that this is about is Barack Obama's, Paul. On one hand he chastises Congress for not giving him his jobs bill immediately while on the other he says he doesn't want to decide about the pipeline that will create ten of thousands of jobs without costing the public a dime, until after the election in 2012. Republicans in Congress have forced his hand with this latest vote. He's now faced with having to veto legislation that his union supporters would like to see passed...or not veto it and piss off his environmentalist supporters who hate anything remotely connected with fossil fuels.

Prove they're "against jobs." They're actually offering Thousands of them with this pipeline. All immediate 'Shovel-Ready Jobs.' And since when have Democrats supported cutting Taxes to create jobs? They're usually out there ranting about how cutting Taxes doesn't create jobs. So their position on this really is very weak and incoherent. Here are the jobs,do they want to let Americans have them or not? It's their call.

Democrats thrive on crisis. They aren't happy unless everyone is unhappy. The "best" way to keep Americans poor and unhappy is to keep the cost of energy high. If the pipeline would lower energy prices you can bet your ass-ets that Barry will veto it.

OMFG! They are going to take our guns away!
Please pass the Patriot Act to keep us safe.
Invade Iraq to prevent them nuking us!

LMFAO!

Remember when Barry promised to wean Americans off fossil fuels? He knew that solar energy was a joke and gigantic windmills were a bigger joke and there is no substitute for fossil fuel. He pretended that alternate sources of energy were right around the corner but it was a lie.. Democrats blocked every attempt in the last half century to become independent of foreign oil. Why would democrats keep energy prices high? Because they are stupid? Maybe, but more likely they have a vision for America that would (literally) send a chill up your spine. Democrats thrive on crisis mentality. When people are cold in the winter and too poor to buy gas in the summer the democrat party comes along and promises to fix the problem just like they fixed the "war on poverty 40 years ago.

Remember when Bush said he was against nation building and the US being the police force of the world?

They ALL lie!

It also costs 15% more to refine because of the sand.
Keystone XL Oil Pipeline: Today's Most Explosive Environmental Debate - Jordan Weissmann - Business - The Atlantic
Oil pipelines caused billions of dollars in property damage due to leaks, fires and explosions during the past decade. A single spill in 2010 dumped as much as a million gallons of oil into the Kalamazoo River. That track record has Nebraskans nervous, since the pipeline's route runs through the massive Ogallala Aquifer, and many are concerned about the potential impact of an oil spill on the region's drinking water.

Yeah? What's your point?
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ..It costs more!!!!!!
SO don't do it at all...Brilliant logic.
Conservatives:..Can do!!!!
Liberals: Why should we?

House Passes Payroll Tax Cut Extension With Keystone Pipeline Provision

Defiant Republicans pushed legislation through the House Tuesday night that would keep alive Social Security payroll tax cuts for some 160 million Americans at President Barack Obama's request -- but also would require construction of a Canada-to-Texas oil pipeline that has sparked a White House veto threat.

Passage, on a largely party-line vote of 234-193, sent the measure toward its certain demise in the Democratic-controlled Senate, triggering the final partisan showdown of a remarkably quarrelsome year of divided government.
Obama whined that he wanted the payroll tax cut extended, and the GOP has voted so.

Now, let's all watch the 'real' party of NO sit on it in the Senate or veto it from the White House, then blame the GOP for not passing it.

Last edited:
Tax Cuts and Thousands of American Jobs? Not seeing what's so wrong with that. Maybe it's just me?

We are getting screwed by big money period. Democrat, Republicans, Independents, they all have wealthy people that are looking to seize more wealth and power. All these stupid votes are distracting middle class people from the huge issues. The federal Reserve, corruption in the government. Bias in the media and the song plays on.....

I watched the Ed show and he keeps using this same damn chart showing how middle class wages have stayed the same over 30 years and the wealthy got a great deal wealthier. Well to the best of my knowledge during those years both Republican and Democrat held power. So take it for what it is.....

A HUGE wake the hell up and take back the country and restore the power to where it is suppose to reside, with the people.

We are getting screwed by big money period. Democrat, Republicans, Independents, they all have wealthy people that are looking to seize more wealth and power. All these stupid votes are distracting middle class people from the huge issues. The federal Reserve, corruption in the government. Bias in the media and the song plays on.....

I watched the Ed show and he keeps using this same damn chart showing how middle class wages have stayed the same over 30 years and the wealthy got a great deal wealthier. Well to the best of my knowledge during those years both Republican and Democrat held power. So take it for what it is.....

A HUGE wake the hell up and take back the country and restore the power to where it is suppose to reside, with the people.

Did you ever think we are just screwing ourselves?

Forum List

Back