GOP: Tax Cuts For All, But No Help For 9-11 Heroes

Didn't they all have insurance already? Fire and Police all have health insurance, most of it paid by the residents of NYc.

I'm all for helping volunteers that have an actual need for help, but $7.4 billion? That sounds more like people want us to pay instead.

Shame everyone gets fucked for the greed of others.

So Republicans in the U.S. Senate have blocked, for now, legislation that would have provided medical care to rescue workers and New York City residents who became ill following their exposure to toxins produced by the destruction of the World Trade Center towers on Sept. 11, 2001. Reportedly, their objections centered around how to pay for the $7.4 billion measure.

It begs the questions: How many of America's wealthiest Americans showed up at Ground Zero on 9-11 and the days and weeks following to help pull those who survived and those who did not from the rubble, at risk to their own health? How many of these politicians did? Why does the deficit matter in the one case but not the other?

Our View: Tax cuts for all, but no help for 9-11 heroes? - Peoria, IL - pjstar.com

Tough talk from a union drone who wouldn't lift a finger to do shit for anybody unless there was an extra buck in it or his handlers told him to do so.

You can just blow me. :suck:

Thank you for verifying what I said. We aren't talking about cutting anyones taxes. We are talking about keeping them at the current rate rather than raising them. There is a significant difference there. And you've demonstrated that you clearly don't recognize that difference.

Also, thank you for destroying the lefts justification for Obamacare. I assume you will join with the rest of us and repealing that abomination?

Either you're making this all up or you're full of shit. Nobody can be that stupid.

WHEN "Obamacare" is put into full effect then situations like what's happening with our 9/11 Heroes will no longer be a factor. If nothing else it PROVES why we NEED "Obamacare".

About "Obamacare".....It won't be stopped or repealed so you better get used to the idea.

About the 9/11 Heroes........Your callousness tells me that you obviously don't give two shits about them. And THAT'S really sad. You would feel differently if you had a fucking clue what they went through and continue to suffer.

Answer a simple question.

Why do they need two sets of benefits?

Didn't they all have insurance already? Fire and Police all have health insurance, most of it paid by the residents of NYc.

I'm all for helping volunteers that have an actual need for help, but $7.4 billion? That sounds more like people want us to pay instead.

I posted a second link that explains why this is needed. 40% of the responders did not have health care coverage.

If you want to be pissed at someone aim it towards the terrorists that caused it all.

Either you're making this all up or you're full of shit. Nobody can be that stupid.

WHEN "Obamacare" is put into full effect then situations like what's happening with our 9/11 Heroes will no longer be a factor. If nothing else it PROVES why we NEED "Obamacare".

About "Obamacare".....It won't be stopped or repealed so you better get used to the idea.

About the 9/11 Heroes........Your callousness tells me that you obviously don't give two shits about them. And THAT'S really sad. You would feel differently if you had a fucking clue what they went through and continue to suffer.

I posted a second link that explains why this is needed. 40% of the responders did not have health care coverage.

If you want to be pissed at someone aim it towards the terrorists that caused it all.

How is that possible, if the responders were controlled to the point of who assisted. The police and fire already have this.

Something doesnt add up.

Wow. There's so much wrong with what you wrote it's hard to know where to begin.

First of all, the current legislation is to whether or not to extend the tax cuts that were supposed to expire. Only a dumbass or a wingnut would not know that.

Second of all, Obama's health care plan won't come into full effect until 2014 and "40 percent of the World Trade Center workers being monitored by a Mount Sinai Hospital study lack health insurance."

Health effects arising from the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh and we all do have to call you a dumbass since your silly posts point to it every day.

Class dismissed.

Thanks for the dumbfuckery Mr. Union Drone.

And thanks for being an unpatriotic asshole you fuck.

Oh? How is it that I am unpatriotic?

you might want to fix your statement. Wikpedia. NOW THAT WAS FUNNY.

Lack of insurance
40 percent of the World Trade Center workers being monitored by a Mount Sinai Hospital study lack health insurance

How is that possible, if the responders were controlled to the point of who assisted. The police and fire already have this.

Something doesnt add up.

Exactly. You telling me first responders in NYC, or anywhere for that matter, don't have health insurance? Give me a fucking break.

Something doesnt add up.

These links explain it...............

Will Congress Act to Help Victims of Toxic Twin Tower Exposures? | Health | Change.org

Health effects arising from the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Something doesnt add up.

Exactly. You telling me first responders in NYC, or anywhere for that matter, don't have health insurance? Give me a fucking break.

According to Wiki 40% of them didn't. You don't believe it? Take it up with Wiki or post something that contradicts that figure.

Something doesnt add up.

According to Wiki 40% of them didn't. You don't believe it? Take it up with Wiki or post something that contradicts that figure.

Change.org??????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's been nine years. Why now? And why do they need medical care? Didn't you guys just ram "MEDical care for every AMERICAN" through? Why yes you did. you just can't go a day without bitchin and moaning though can ya. You're a little whiney brat. grow the fuck up.

Now that's REAL American of you!! :up:

Here's the reason they need this you fuck.

Will Congress Act to Help Victims of Toxic Twin Tower Exposures? | Health | Change.org
9 years?

Something doesnt add up.

WE DONT HAVE TOO.

You were already caught making a false statement. Also wiki is very easy to discredit.

You are hanging by a shoelace. Take emotion out of the equation and stick with the facts.

The responders had insurance. As your link says workers, do you understand the difference? Or can I expect the same civility you lack with others?

Something doesnt add up.

Dude... seriously... I used to live in NYC, I still have friends there, one a transit cop and one a firefighter.

They have VERY GOOD health coverage.

WE DONT HAVE TOO.

You were already caught making a false statement. Also wiki is very easy to discredit.

You are hanging by a shoelace. Take emotion out of the equation and stick with the facts.

The responders had insurance. As your link says workers, do you understand the difference? Or can I expect the same civility you lack with others?

and change.org????

YOU want to deprive America's hard working heroes needed medical needs and at the same time give millionaires uneeded tax cuts.

And you have the nerve to call me a moron? :cuckoo:

If I recall correctly there was (and is) a "structured settlement "for this, part of the intent of which was to pre-empt congressional grandstanding just like this, and the OP is a part of.

$7.4 Billion to help 40%? That means HC cost for 9/11 was well over $15 Billion.

There's something shady going on here. Even if they all got sick, it wouldn't be this much. Plus there were funds, from charities, that were set up to help people. Have those coffers been emptied?

Forum List

Back