GOP sure gets dumber by the moment

so you see people, this is all a GAME...If it includes your lives what the hell

why homosexuals would like being used this way is beyond me, but they use blacks, Hispanics, women, etc.... so why not I guess

You mean why would the gay community not vote for people who villified them and denied them rights and instead vote for folks who've stuck up for them.

If Politics is about getting what you want, here's what Gays have gotten under Obama.

16 states now allow gay marriage.
DOMA- GONE!!!
DADT- GONE!!!

Discrimination against gays has passed the Senate. If the House grew a brain, they'd let it pass.

Boehner will not allow House members to go on record of being for it or against it

It's a breathless attempt by desperate Democrats to bring back their voters.

They need something to counter the ruin they're bringing upon us.

Now no doubt the Democrats bring back the GLBTG workplace law from 1996 as a stab at Republicans in the House but it passed in the Senate with 10 Republicans voting for it and another 2 dozen wishing they could vote for it as their states are still gay boogeyman states. And the prior "It will bring massive lawsuits" has now been proven a farce as Orrin Hatch first started that and has now retracted that and voted for the bill. In the House it will not come up for a vote and they will be slammed in the mid terms because of it. Boehner keeps to the "frivolous litigation and will cost American jobs" BS. This will send the GOP further down the deep hole they are already in. Reid allowed religious exemptions and US military.
Having voted Republican most of the time over the last 40 years I see this as the path to no where again for the GOP.
They are more interested in pleasing the religious right than winning elections.
Only a big tent Republican party wins. The bull shit "well, we need to stick to our strict conservative base" is great but it loses elections.
How much dumber can they get?

what the hell does it have to with their strict conservative base
Maybe they are just STICKING to their principals?, or they should give up that too so they buy votes like the Democrats all over people (homosexuals) who are now more special than others in this country evidently..
why have two parties. just go to one rule party and government...the hell with it all

I believe you meant principles.
First you have to show where anything in the bill mandates by statute that homosexuals "are more special than others in this country"
But keep up the gay boogeyman show as you must get off on getting your ass kicked every election.
I want to win for fiscal conservatism.
You are stuck on stupid making the gay boogeyman issue a priority in elections.
At best, what is it on your list of priorities?
137th or 138th?
I would rather us focus on the other 136 in front of it than spend one second attempting to leave gay folks out of equal rights in the workplace.
Tired of losing because of fuddy duddy busy body mother hen know it alls scared of gay people getting equal rights.

How many gays get terminated from work for being gay? Yeah, none. It is legislation geared to trial lawyers.
You really think fags aren't going to sue when they are let go? What reality do you live in again?
Flush this piece of crap legislation.

Mennonite Couple Refuses to Host Same-Sex Wedding; Files Lawsuit Against Iowa Civil Rights Commission

A Mennonite couple that owns an art gallery in Iowa has filed suit against the state's Civil Rights Commission over being threatened with punitive action for refusing to host a same-sex wedding on their property.

Görtz Haus Gallery, a former church turned art gallery facility, filed a lawsuit Monday against the commission in Polk County District Court.

"The Odgaards welcome all customers into the Gallery, regardless of their race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, or disability," reads the suit in part.

"The Odgaards may be exposed to financial punishment and other forms of official coercion for refusing to abandon their religious convictions to comply with the ICRC's dictates."

boehner's an idiot.

He needs to pass it and get it behind them. History is completely against them at this point on this issue, the sooner you get past it the better.

Bovine.gif

Gadawg73, you seriously do not understand why this non-issue miraculously appeared right now?

seriously?

While it's obvious why the Dems brought it up, it's not a non issue to the people living in those 30 states where they can be fired simply for being gay.

Which states are those?
Our state is one.
Why shouldn't gays be fired for being gay? But if they're doing a good and appropriate job, who would want to fire them in the first place? Good employees are hard to find.

State Sues Florist Who Refused Service to a Gay Wedding | Slog

In an unusual legal maneuver, Attorney General Bob Ferguson filed a consumer protection lawsuit today against a florist in Richland, Washington, who last month refused to provide flower arrangements for a same-sex wedding because of her "relationship with Jesus."

As The Stranger reported at the time, Arlene's Flowers owner Barronelle Stutzman told Robert Ingersoll and Curt Freed that she refused to do business with them—or "participate in the wedding," as she called it—because she believed as a Christian "that marriage is between a man and a woman."

Filed in Benton County Superior Court, the lawsuit (.pdf) alleges that when Stutzman refused to provide goods or services on the basis of sexual orientation in a place of public accommodation, she was violating the state's anti-discrimination law and was, therefore, also violating laws designed to protect consumers. As a business that sells wedding flowers to opposite-sex couples, the AG's office argues, it must provide the same wedding services to gay couples.

They have to take the heat off Ofailcare so they pull their standard games out of their ass, homosexuals...

they used Blacks all up, they still have some use for Hispanics, but they figured the homosexuals won't mind being used again

so time to waste taxpayers money and vote in another law on top of the 100 others on them

Let's raise the minimum wage..........

The "strict conservative base" under Barry Goldwater stuck up their middle finger and publicly said "FUCK YOU" to the religious right.
Back when Republicans had balls.
They are now a bunch of milk weak pussies waving Bibles around.

Boehner is right! Nothing but a gold mine for out of work lawyers.

[

How many gays get terminated from work for being gay? Yeah, none. It is legislation geared to trial lawyers.
You really think fags aren't going to sue when they are let go? What reality do you live in again?

Girl I worked with was fired for being gay. She worked for this company for 14 years. Was promoted from assembly to line lead to quality inspector.

Then she showed up at the company holiday party with her life partner, who was wearing a man's suit just SO NO ONE MISSED THE POINT.

They fired her a month later.

The "strict conservative base" under Barry Goldwater stuck up their middle finger and publicly said "FUCK YOU" to the religious right.
Back when Republicans had balls.
They are now a bunch of milk weak pussies waving Bibles around.

Boehner is right! Nothing but a gold mine for out of work lawyers.

Being right isn't good enough these days.

Boehner has very little political sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8_(2008)

Proposition 8 consisted of two sections. Its full text was:[28]

Section I. Title

This measure shall be known and may be cited as the "California Marriage Protection Act."
Section 2. Article I. Section 7.5 is added to the California Constitution, to read:

Sec. 7.5. Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.

comment

As I stated, I'm not alone by a long shot on my beliefs.

No, I'm sure there are a lot of people clinging to 19th century views on marriage.

I have to ask the question.

two gay dudes get married. How does that impact your life in any way shape or form.

I don't believe in it. I think it's an attack on the morals of society. So I oppose it. That's it. I don't care about your how does it change your life BS.

I'm not alone as already stated. Many refuse to accept it.

[

Girl I worked with was fired for being gay. She worked for this company for 14 years. Was promoted from assembly to line lead to quality inspector.

Then she showed up at the company holiday party with her life partner, who was wearing a man's suit just SO NO ONE MISSED THE POINT.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
And I think you're lying, just for the record. There was no such person.

In an unusual legal maneuver, Attorney General Bob Ferguson filed a consumer protection lawsuit today against a florist in Richland, Washington, who last month refused to provide flower arrangements for a same-sex wedding because of her "relationship with Jesus."

As The Stranger reported at the time, Arlene's Flowers owner Barronelle Stutzman told Robert Ingersoll and Curt Freed that she refused to do business with them—or "participate in the wedding," as she called it—because she believed as a Christian "that marriage is between a man and a woman."

Filed in Benton County Superior Court, the lawsuit (.pdf) alleges that when Stutzman refused to provide goods or services on the basis of sexual orientation in a place of public accommodation, she was violating the state's anti-discrimination law and was, therefore, also violating laws designed to protect consumers. As a business that sells wedding flowers to opposite-sex couples, the AG's office argues, it must provide the same wedding services to gay couples.

Not seeing a problem here.

This is settled law. You can't refuse to do business with someone because you don't like them.

A business is a public accommedation.

If she refused to sell flowers to an interracial couple because of her religious beliefs, would you take the same position?

This is settled law. You can't refuse to do business with someone because you don't like them.

If she refused to sell flowers to an interracial couple because of her religious beliefs, would you take the same position?
If she refused to sell flowers to a neo Nazi would you support that? You can choose to do business with anyone you want, with certain exceptions. "We reserve the right" is often spelled out.

why homosexuals would like being used this way is beyond me, but they use blacks, Hispanics, women, etc.... so why not I guess

You mean why would the gay community not vote for people who villified them and denied them rights and instead vote for folks who've stuck up for them.

If Politics is about getting what you want, here's what Gays have gotten under Obama.

DOMA- GONE!!!
DADT- GONE!!!

Discrimination against gays has passed the Senate. If the House grew a brain, they'd let it pass.

Boehner will not allow House members to go on record of being for it or against it

Harry Reid has been doing that for Senate Democrats for several years. Payback is a good thing!

Nope.............

Because it's a man and a woman.............Again you justify that they MUST DO SO, EVEN IF THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN IT..................ideology..........

It's their business. They should have the right to refuse customers if it's against their beliefs. Most of these issues only arrive with small business by the way.

[

Lets see here Joe.. When debating gun control you talk about a bullet that passed close by with a suicide. Healthcare you had some kind of real world experience as well. And now, someone you know has experienced issues being gay.

You hang in a strange crowd or?????

-Geaux

On the last post................I would not support the law suit for them refusing that service, which is what you are getting at.

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, and leave them alone.

[

You said you worked in insurance ?

Insurance underwriting is done on an assembly line?
You're a liar !!!
How many times have you been proven a liar?
Are you not ashamed?
Or are you proud to be a liar.
Your Obamacult demands you be more like the obamessiah.
So you lie , religiously!

DOMA- GONE!!!
DADT- GONE!!!

Yeah, why is that? Why not just let it up for a vote? What's he so afraid of?

Forum List

Back