GOP strategy - disrupted Dem town hall meetings

a zu befehl, fraulein.

Excuse me? Hitler's crowds were all Nazis sympathizers, by the way, hardly protesters. Try not checking your brains at the door every time you enter this gate. Once again, there is a HUGE difference between exercising the right to free speech and storming the stage, asshole.

the only one bringing up hitler is you, liebchen.

i'm sorry that you're such a stooge of the govt that you think some sort of kowtowing is required when dealing with elected officials, aka "public servants". it comes with the territory and fortunately, most of them seem to realize it.

auf weidersehn, kleiner kuchen.

DNC über alles!!

Naw, it's not a strawman... actually it's just a coincidence. It's just a fluke of nature that the agenda of the GOP and the financial interests of big corporations and polluting industries coincide...

And I'm sure all the $$funding$$ by those same big corporations and polluting industries that finds it's way into "conservative" think tanks and environmental skeptic organizations is just happenstance...

How could I be so presumptuous?

"My hero is St. Francis of Assisi because he understood the connection between spirituality and the environment. He understood the way God communicates to us most forcefully is through the fish, the birds and the trees and that it is a sin to destroy those things."
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

Don't you notice that someone will use the ol' "strawman" excuse whenever they're losing the debate? Either that or they post dumb pictures to make their statements or attack the messenger with cute little "strawman" comments of their own. Oh what the hell, it's the usual suspects posting all their excuses for this anyway, so why do I expect this thread to be any different than any of the others? It gives them a chance to [temporarily] feel smug and ^5 themselves.

All we have seen from you is phony outrage.

Fact, Obama just about handpicked his attendants of his town hall meetings. But they might get LOUD.

LOL

Nother FACT the obama regime just gave the black panthers a pass for intimidating voters at the polls.. and you freaks want civil discourse! cry us a fucking river whydonchya?

So constituents are exercising their freedoms, and unsurprisingly Democrats have a problem with this.

Anything else?

No, it's oh so "constitutionally correct" to act like a bunch of raging bulls and banshees. These new and extremely arrogant "conservatives" are only proving that the total demise of America is just over the horizon. Intelligence, which comes from analysis of information, is sadly lacking when grown adults just make fools of themselves.

got news for ya Mags...there are some extremely arrogant "liberals" out there too....one of them is the speaker of the house.....

Naw, it's not a strawman... actually it's just a coincidence. It's just a fluke of nature that the agenda of the GOP and the financial interests of big corporations and polluting industries coincide...

And I'm sure all the $$funding$$ by those same big corporations and polluting industries that finds it's way into "conservative" think tanks and environmental skeptic organizations is just happenstance...

How could I be so presumptuous?

"My hero is St. Francis of Assisi because he understood the connection between spirituality and the environment. He understood the way God communicates to us most forcefully is through the fish, the birds and the trees and that it is a sin to destroy those things."
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

oh geez ...then he ends it with a quote from his hero....the little Hypocrite ....."do as i say,not as i do".....

So constituents are exercising their freedoms, and unsurprisingly Democrats have a problem with this.

Anything else?

What comes around goes around bitch. I have no illusions that the republican brand name will ever recover from the treason and debauchery perpetrated by you neo cons.

I hope it is political war and you dumb fucks start something you can't stop.

Uh, this guy doesn't strike me as a neo-con.

if you disagree with with the Hugster....your a Neo-Con....like it or not.....the way it seems to be on this board....but Huggy said once he just lashes out.....so he lashed out...

This is directly from the memo...

Use the Alinsky playbook of which the Left is so fond: freeze it, attack it, personalize it, and polarize it.

Well NOW it is the GOP playbook...

If that was true ( which it isn't ) now all of a sudden you have a problem with it ? :lol:

Comedy Central doesn't have shit on you moonbats .......

It says it right in the memo near the bottom of page #1...

Just because Bill O'Reilly "says" something about Democrats, THAT makes it true???

Comedy Central DOES have shit on YOU moonbats...

You just lost points for being funny for being stupid ......

right wing, the media would like to spin it that way, but many are democrats, and independents, moderates and conservatives who are sick and tired of the, "spending on speed," that they and the President have done. You Rock tea partiers.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Clinton was a moderate, Obama is as far left as you can be without being a communist. There is your difference.

Obama spends like he is on speed, passed an 800 billion dollar no-stimulus stimulus bill before he gave anyone time to read it. Then signed a 480 billion dollar Omnibus bill with 9,000 earmarks. Remember his promice of transperency and the "I will not sign anything with earmarks," statements he made. I do. The bailouts of our financial sector and GM. Now a 1 TRILLION dollar healthcare takeover and you wonder why people are upset. Just wait until Cap and Trade goes before the senate, another huge tax on American business that will cause the loss of a few million more jobs.

I am telling you that these are not just conservative republicans, they are democrats and independents as well.

And..... as I stated in a much earlier post, if I were one of those congressmen who voted for that stimulus bill, be it republican or democrat, I would be hiring extra security for my trip home. The people are pissed and they aren't gonna take it any more.

So? This is how townhalls should work.

You want mindless drones nodding to everything the speaker says, go hire Karl Rove and his staged crap.

If the policy can't be defended by the speaker, then it's not a policy that's worth having.

are those the only two options? how about NOT the Karl-Rove-only-allow-the-people-who-agree-with-you-to-be-present...

and NOT a bunch of people told to go in and just yell so no one learns anything or gets to express a REAL opinion...

how 'bout people act civilly so maybe they find out what they DO agree on?

or is that too complex for the loons?
Wonder when he'll issue a statement that he was taken out of context.

Clinton was a moderate, Obama is as far left as you can be without being a communist. There is your difference.

Obama spends like he is on speed, passed an 800 billion dollar no-stimulus stimulus bill before he gave anyone time to read it. Then signed a 480 billion dollar Omnibus bill with 9,000 earmarks. Remember his promice of transperency and the "I will not sign anything with earmarks," statements he made. I do. The bailouts of our financial sector and GM. Now a 1 TRILLION dollar healthcare takeover and you wonder why people are upset. Just wait until Cap and Trade goes before the senate, another huge tax on American business that will cause the loss of a few million more jobs.

I am telling you that these are not just conservative republicans, they are democrats and independents as well.

And..... as I stated in a much earlier post, if I were one of those congressmen who voted for that stimulus bill, be it republican or democrat, I would be hiring extra security for my trip home. The people are pissed and they aren't gonna take it any more.

Yea Maple...we could have pushed the economy over the edge of the cliff Bush drove it to and let states issue pink slips to policemen, firemen and teachers...just like the Republicans wanted...

Thank God Obama won and will be in the White House for 8 years of progress...America has HAD it with right wing pea brain government...

Since January, the GOP has shown it's TRUE colors...F_CK America and it's people, they ONLY care about PARTY...

So? This is how townhalls should work.

You want mindless drones nodding to everything the speaker says, go hire Karl Rove and his staged crap.

If the policy can't be defended by the speaker, then it's not a policy that's worth having.

are those the only two options? how about NOT the Karl-Rove-only-allow-the-people-who-agree-with-you-to-be-present...

and NOT a bunch of people told to go in and just yell so no one learns anything or gets to express a REAL opinion...

how 'bout people act civilly so maybe they find out what they DO agree on?

or is that too complex for the loons?
Seems a lot of people, of all political stripes, are of the opinion that their so-called "representatives" are a bunch unprincipled of party man windbags, who couldn't give a hoot in hell about their constituents, unless it's to trot them out as the latest victim du jour who oh-so-desperately need the benevolent patronage of Big Brother.

Pitchforks and torches, baby!

NO, the townhall is for CONSTITUENTS of THAT representative to debate and discuss issues and policies that are SPECIFIC to THAT district...that is WHY we have so many House members...

You really need a course in CIVICS...

...and from the actual memo itself:

Alert people in the district to watch for the first announcement of a TownHall as there may be as little as a week's notice. Have a central person advised so that the
alert can be distributed to as many potential supporters as possible.

No where in the memo does it say busing people in from different districts for the townhalls.

Tired of failing yet?

shipment_of_fail.jpg

Oh, so YOU are declaring victory huh? WOW, what a courageous act...

Let's recap PEA brain...

We have a group of outsiders that are trained to disrupt town hall meetings held by Democratic House members; which is a way for citizens of THAT district to debate, discuss and ask questions of THEIR district representative on issue that effect THEIR district. These outsiders are trained TO:

– Artificially Inflate Your Numbers:

– Be Disruptive Early And Often:

– Try To “Rattle Him,” Not Have An Intelligent Debate:

WHO is behind this effort to disrupt these town hall meetings? Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions...

HIS strategy...

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

You right wing pea brains defend WAR, TORTURE and now TERRORISM...

But Democrats are the "radicals"...

YOU are a MORON...
proving once again the YOU are a fucking moron
you take take the words of thinkprogress and apply them to the memo(not that the memo is even proven to be authentic) and try to make the claim that was what the memo said

Lie #4. The memo clearly states that the members need to be prepared with specific questions pertaining to the issue and also be prepared with a pointed and direct follow up question. This is not, as you characterize, "not having an intelligent debate". If the representative cannot answer a question which pertains to the debate, and this rattles him, well then too damn bad.

The problem with this last part is that it's very easy to come up with questions that don't have an easy answer or even no real answer at all. Seems to me these people aren't interested in debate or getting more info. They have their minds made up and they're looking to intimidate their Reps and publicly humiliate them.

Kinda like the "debating" tactics used by this piece of shit.

This is directly from the memo...

Use the Alinsky playbook of which the Left is so fond: freeze it, attack it, personalize it, and polarize it.

Well NOW it is the GOP playbook...
so, you admit it is DEMOCRAT STRATEGY
you just dont like it coming at your assholes

Yea Maple...we could have pushed the economy over the edge of the cliff Bush drove it to and let states issue pink slips to policemen, firemen and teachers...just like the Republicans wanted...

Thank God Obama won and will be in the White House for 8 years of progress...America has HAD it with right wing pea brain government...

Since January, the GOP has shown it's TRUE colors...F_CK America and it's people, they ONLY care about PARTY...
you mean like the DEMS did for 8 FUCKING YEARS

We could've given pink slips to EPA, Dept. of Energy and HUD bureaucrats, but nobody would really miss them.

Instead, it's back to the typical DNC hack-in-the-box pettifoggery of cowering behind cops, firemen, EMS and teachers....Speaking of showing one's colors.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that "Town Hall Meetings" are supposed to be citizen's meetings not democrat citizen's meetings. If they are meant to be Democrat meetings they would be campaign events. We are not in the campaign season now, we are in a season of public input and debate for and about policies being proposed into bills to be voted on in both houses of congess. This is how representative democracy works.
Obama leaves his meetings open. Bush carefully screened his audiences, usually relying on military audiences.

Forum List

Back