GOP stares down Obama; Obama blinks. GOP wins.

So all the job left the country because Congress passed Healthcare Reform?
The Psuedo-Cons are already failures then.

That's not what Revere stated....that's what you stated.

He wants to hold non-existant jobs hostage to repealing legistalation even though that set of legislation had nothing to do with the loss of jobs (and our manufactoring base)we've seen since the Raygun Administration. President Bushes Tax Cuts have been in effect for ten year, jobs were still lost.

Their policy is a failure before it even starts.

You call them non existant jobs.....The jobs will comeback once the unknowns are known. No employer in this fragile market is willing to be bold.
Looks like jobs were lost when the dems took control of both Houses. :cuckoo:

Gotta love right wingers views of America.

The middle class is too fat and lazy to take jobs. Thank Gawd for those "hard working" rich people. We need to pay those "rich people" more.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS4A5aR8hPA[/ame]

No jobs until Obamacare is repealed.

Oh, OK, so it requires low taxes AND no 'Obamacare.' Well, you've only had eight years of that, not ten. How did the country look at the end of those eight years?

Last edited:
It did. When Bush left office, there were 6M more jobs than when he started. 136M people were employed when he took office; 142M were employed when he left.

And now, we're down to 139M, less than two years into Obamanomics.

Jobs created during U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The job losses were FAAAAAAAAR more rapid before 'Obamanomics' than anytime during, let alone today.

Incidentally, the population of the US increased about 8 Million during the Bush II years...

It did. When Bush left office, there were 6M more jobs than when he started. 136M people were employed when he took office; 142M were employed when he left.

The job losses were FAAAAAAAAR more rapid before 'Obamanomics' than anytime during, let alone today.

Incidentally, the population of the US increased about 8 Million during the Bush II years...

It's cuz they wanted to be closer to his awesomeness.

Well, we haven't digressed to employing 5 year olds...yet.

You also neglect to accurately reflect upon the impact of the DotCom bubble burst (resulting in the loss of jobs that were never economically viable in the first place) and the double whammy of 9/11.

Well, we haven't digressed to employing 5 year olds...yet.

You also neglect to accurately reflect upon the impact of the DotCom bubble burst (resulting in the loss of jobs that were never economically viable in the first place) and the double whammy of 9/11.

OOOOH Okay... So you're saying the economic health of a nation sometimes has influences BESIDES which suit is in the White House. NOW we're gettin' somewhere.

Uh. Dood. I have NEVER said that the health of the economy depends solely on what suits the White House.

Again. There are four main pillars to creating a climate conducive to economic growth:

1. Low and fair taxes
2. Spending managed at levels not to exceed tax receipts
3. Sound monetary policy
4. The rule of law and a regulatory environment that supports it

A misguided White House, such as Obama's, can do serious damage. That is what we are now experiencing.

Uh. Dood. I have NEVER said that the health of the economy depends solely on what suits the White House.

Again. There are four main pillars to creating a climate conducive to economic growth:

1. Low and fair taxes
2. Spending managed at levels not to exceed tax receipts
3. Sound monetary policy
4. The rule of law and a regulatory environment that supports it

A misguided White House, such as Obama's, can do serious damage. That is what we are now experiencing.

Don't you think Obama was dealt a pretty shitty hand? (What he did with it notwithstanding, for the moment). Like, probably one of the worst in world history?

I don't automatically believe that lowering taxes will produce favorable results, because as we've heard ad nauseum, they haven't in the last 10 years. They forced a huge, un-sustainable economic bloat, during which the strongest took the lions share, leaving us to fight over the remains when the inevitable contraction took place.

What would you have done? Lowered taxes across the board even more in January 08? What of the deficit then?

Worse than the Great Depression?

Worse than the Civil War?

Worse than Pearl Harbor?

Worse than the burst of the Dotcom Bubble followed rapidly by 9/11?

Puh-leeze. Most of Obama's problems are self-inflicted. And as I recall, he did run for office. If he didn't wish to face the responsibilities of being President, he could easily have avoided them by not running and fulfilling his first term in the Senate.

Last edited:

WRONG. God, you corporatists are breathtakingly stupid and have the memory of a gnat. Shrub netted 0% job creation.... ZERO on top of rewarding your corporate overlords for moving more than 2.4 MILLION jobs overseas, of course.

Aughts were a lost decade for U.S. economy, workers - washingtonpost.com
Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
It’s Official: More Private Sector Jobs Created In 2010 Than During Entire Bush Years | NEWS JUNKIE POST

WRONG. God, you corporatists are breathtakingly stupid and have the memory of a gnat. Shrub netted 0% job creation.... ZERO on top of rewarding your corporate overlords for moving more than 2.4 MILLION jobs overseas, of course.

Aughts were a lost decade for U.S. economy, workers - washingtonpost.com
Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
It’s Official: More Private Sector Jobs Created In 2010 Than During Entire Bush Years | NEWS JUNKIE POST

You are sorely misinformed. Go to the BLS website and look it up for yourself.

Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

The first choice will show you the total employed population by year.

I was watching the news last night when the "Breaking News" flashers went up on Fox, CNN, MSNBC.

President Obama was about to announce the big news regarding the Bush tax cuts. You know, the tax cuts that were only for the "rich", but which also cut taxes for the middle class. Still dont understand how if Bush only cut rich people's taxes, and it were to have expired, the middle class would see a tax hike. Guess Bush cut taxes for.....everyone? Oh well, on to the news.............

President Obama got punked last night. It was after 6, so the Ed Shultz show was on, and I just had to watch as ole Ed's head almost exploded with anger. Obama cut taxes for the rich, for 2 years. Not only that, but the GOP also negotiated a 2% payroll tax cut for all Americans!!! That means everyone's check goes up 2% in January!!!! Less money to welfare, more money to me!!!!

And what did the Dems' get in return? A 13 month extension of unemployment. Although these unemployed refuse to take the jobs that are out there (pizza delivery, jail staff, grocery bagger, etc), they will get another 13 months of gov't money.

Which means in Jan 2012, unemployment runs out, while tax cuts stay until Jan 2013, thus eliminating a bargaining tool Obama would have had then, while in the midst of a presidential campaign. He dug his own hole on this one!!!

It's actually quite sad to watch an United States president get punked this badly. I wish you all could've seen the left wingers on MSNBC just in shock last night after their beloved Savior caved in to the GOP.

But I'll end with this. Obama did the right thing. He knew fighting the GOP would result in a loss, which he suffered anyway. He knew the tax cuts were the right thing to do. And he did it. Just one more sign of the downfall of modern liberalism. The heroic savior of liberalism, Barack Hussein Obama, has caved in to the GOP.

And I'm gonna be 2% richer in January!!!:lol:

Thank you GOP!!!

The only reason I agree with the unemployment extension is simple, it will keep unemployment over 9% and cost Obama the election in '12....

In essence it will insure Obama is a one term POTUS...

My information is from the BLS website, fool. Re-read my post.

No. You posted links to articles, and the data is incorrect when compared to the BLS site, you foolish little booby.

Forum List

Back