12 Outrageous Wastes of Taxpayers’ Money

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
This will be a bipartisan thread every politician is guilty.
4. Credit Card Abuse at the Department of Defense

The Defense Department has uncovered its own credit card scandal. Over one recent 18-month period, Air Force and Navy personnel used government-funded credit cards to charge at least $102,400 for admission to entertainment events, $48,250 for gambling, $69,300 for cruises, and $73,950 for exotic dance clubs and prostitutes

2. Unused Flight Tickets Totaling $100 Million

A recent audit revealed that between 1997 and 2003, the Defense Department purchased and then left unused approximately 270,000 commercial airline tickets at a total cost of $100 million. Even worse, the Pentagon never bothered to get a refund for these fully refundable tickets. The GAO blamed a system that relied on department personnel to notify the travel office when purchased tickets went unused.[3]

Auditors also found 27,000 transactions between 2001 and 2002 in which the Pentagon paid twice for the same ticket. The department would purchase the ticket directly and then inexplicably reimburse the employee for the cost of the ticket. (In one case, an employee who allegedly made seven false claims for airline tickets professed not to have noticed that $9,700 was deposited into his/her account). These additional transactions cost taxpayers $8 million.

This $108 million could have purchased seven Blackhawk helicopters, 17 M1 Abrams tanks, or a large supply of additional body armor for U.S. troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Top 10 Examples of Government Waste | The Heritage Foundation

https://www.billshrink.com/blog/5626/government-wastes/

Most Outrageous Government Waste | The Freeman | Ideas On Liberty

I've seen many stories about governments wasting money, being corrupt, being inefficient, and just being all around stupid on day to day operations.

All I can say is............THANK GOD the people who run government will not be running the healthcare for my parents or myself!!!

Err.....uh, wait a minute..........

Parties come and go out of power but the graft and waste goes on regardless.

Forum List

Back