GOP Senators Remove Visa Program For War Interpreters From Spending Bill

Anyone who complains about Biden's catastrophic withdrawal from Afghanistan should be equally morally outraged by the Republicans' actions denying visas to Afghanis who aided our soldiers and saved their lives.

The end may be coming for a program that resettles Afghan interpreters who worked with U.S. forces during the 20-year-long war, after provisions for its extension were removed from the Senate version of the defense spending bill.

Republican lawmakers drew sharp criticism from Democrats and advocacy groups after the removal of language prolonging the Special Immigrant Visa program past 2023 from the National Defense Authorization Act text released Tuesday, a joint explanatory statement accompanying the bill said.

Currently, anyone who applies for a SIV by Dec. 31, 2023, will be considered.

“It’s tremendously disappointing that Republican obstruction prevented Congress from extending authorization of the Afghan SIV program in this bill, which is fundamental to the United States upholding its promise to our Afghan allies,” Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., said Wednesday in an email.

This is having real world consequences:

Afghan interpreter rescued by Marine officer denied visa to stay in US

Republicans just love adding to the misery and cruelty of the world whenever they can

Anyone who complains about Biden's catastrophic withdrawal from Afghanistan should be equally morally outraged by the Republicans' actions denying visas to Afghanis who aided our soldiers and saved their lives.

Dude, President Grampa McFondleskids just traded an LGBTQ Black woman for one of the World's most dangerous Russian terrorists as said country invades Ukraine.

Maybe take a fucking seat on this one.

I supported Biden getting us out of Afghanistan

Yeah, President GrampaMcGropesAlot "got us out of" Afghanistan the way that Nixon "got us out of" Vietnam.

Lots of civilian and American bloodshed, and complacent ignoramuses like you who fall for the virtue signaling grift as the War Machine shifts from Bush/Cheney Republicanism to Obama/Biden Democrats.

"If you don't support the War on Terror, you don't support our troops and hate America!"

"If you don't support mass censorship and the war in Ukraine, you're a MAGA racist who wants to end this country!"

The same intelligence agencies dispensing the same propaganda, but simpletons like you don't catch on if the Machine switches Party messengers.

Meet the new Establishment, same as the old Establishment.

Yeah, President GrampaMcGropesAlot "got us out of" Afghanistan the way that Nixon "got us out of" Vietnam.

Lots of civilian and American bloodshed, and complacent ignoramuses like you who fall for the virtue signaling grift as the War Machine shifts from Bush/Cheney Republicanism to Obama/Biden Democrats.

"If you don't support the War on Terror, you don't support our troops and hate America!"

"If you don't support mass censorship and the war in Ukraine, you're a MAGA racist who wants to end this country!"

The same intelligence agencies dispensing the same propaganda, but simpletons like you don't catch on if the Machine switches Party messengers.

Meet the new Establishment, same as the old Establishment.

Yes, getting us out of stupid wars where we had no business being involved in the first place is a messy affair.

Yes, getting us out of stupid wars where we had no business being involved in the first place is a messy affair.

He voted us in.

Same with Iraq.

Keep voting for Establishment warmongers while believing you're some kind of Defender of "DEMOCRACY!"

But also know that a robust contingency of us see it for the pathetic bullshit that it is.

He voted us in.

Same with Iraq.

No doubt.

Keep voting for Establishment warmongers while believing you're some kind of Defender of "DEMOCRACY!"

But also know that a robust contingency of us see it for the pathetic bullshit that it is.

Lol......I DID NOT vote for Biden. I still support us GETTING out.

If you don't vote for someone, in your head does that mean you must be against everything that person does, no matter what?

No doubt.

Lol......I DID NOT vote for Biden. I still support us GETTING out.

Almost all Trump voters supported leaving Afghanistan, you do know that - right?

I know that exiting in a peacefully/orderly fashion, vs. surrendering weapons/civilians and American diplomats to Taliban carnage is a gray area....but I'm going to acknowledge that nuance nonetheless.

Your mileage may vary.

Almost all Trump voters supported leaving Afghanistan, you do know that - right?

Great.

I know that exiting in a peacefully/orderly fashion, vs. surrendering weapons/civilians and American diplomats to Taliban carnage is a gray area....but I'm going to acknowledge that nuance nonetheless.

Your mileage may vary.

It was going to be messy which is why neither Obama nor Trump had the balls to do it.

Great.

It was going to be messy which is why neither Obama nor Trump had the balls to do it.

Trump can be accused of a lot of things, not having testicular fortitude ain't one of 'em.

He had a deal with the Taliban for a far more orderly departure, the Biden State department jettisoned that in favor of pure chaos.

Are you sensing a theme here?

Trump can be accused of a lot of things, not having testicular fortitude ain't one of 'em.

Trump: I'm going to get us out of Afghanistan.

Lindsey Graham: no your not.

Trump: no I'm not.

He had a deal with the Taliban for a far more orderly departure, the Biden State department jettisoned that in favor of pure chaos.

Are you sensing a theme here?

So you believe one can negotiate with "terrorists"?

Dude, President Grampa McFondleskids just traded an LGBTQ Black woman for one of the World's most dangerous Russian terrorists as said country invades Ukraine.

Maybe take a fucking seat on this one.
How quickly you tards forget Trump released 5,000 Taliban and 3 Haqqani leaders.

You have the memory of a goldfish.

How quickly you tards forget Trump released 5,000 Taliban and 3 Haqqani leaders.

You have the memory of a goldfish.

A nice 'whataboutism' in your thread where you ate crow!

I'm lovin' it!!!
:TH_WAY~113:

Forum List

Back