GOP Senator..."tough shit" for the unemployed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The responses from the right on this thread reveals a truth about conservatism today. It is social conservatism cloaked in fiscal concern. The authoritarian follower takes delight in punishment.

The Republican Party is dominated by authoritarian personalities. They continue to give us a glimpse of how cruel they will rule if they regain power.

My hope is the American people will not reward their anti Americanism and their disregard for human beings. They share the same personality markers as terrorists...

But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.
Edmund Burke

The responses from the right on this thread reveals a truth about conservatism today. It is social conservatism cloaked in fiscal concern. The authoritarian follower takes delight in punishment.

The Republican Party is dominated by authoritarian personalities. They continue to give us a glimpse of how cruel they will rule if they regain power.

My hope is the American people will not reward their anti Americanism and their disregard for human beings. They share the same personality markers as terrorists...

But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.
Edmund Burke

alrighty Mr. compassionate. How long should each individual receive unemployment benefits?

Unemployment insurance should be eliminated immediately.
The self employed do not get it. Why should anyone get it?
Our kids and grand kids will be paying for it.
Americans are drunk on debt. Lost their friggin minds.

Some Americans are. Unfortunately, they can convince enough of the rest of the country to put them in office.

You know what, I've read some of your posts, you're a phony. I spent 30 years calling on thousands of businesses; from small one man operations to multinational corporations. I have many friends and acquaintances that are millionaires.

I can tell you without any shred of doubt that the ONLY successful people in business are the one's that value their employees and value their fellow man. A company that doesn't value their employees, will soon reveal the same disdain towards their customers.

So you aren't concerned about borrowing Trillions of dollars we don't have? You might think it's some cloak, but I sure as heck am. I don't have $400,000 to pay my share of the debt, do you? Do you know what happens when we break the camels back and our whole system collapses? People die. Through starvation, cold, and violence.

And, while Im sure youll continue to misuse the world. There isnt a nation on this planet where an authoritarian wants less control in the hands of the government. Please stop pretending that those of us who want the Constitution to govern our nation are authortarian when we are fighting for the exact opposite.

How is it cruel to stop burdening the people? How is cruel to stop spending their money on failing programs? How is cruel to not want to put them in even more debt? How is it cruel to recognize reality and say we can't keep spending and borrowing like we are without seriously hurting the people you claim to be helping?

Common sense isn't cruel.

Since when is it American to expect the government to give you what you need and want? Do you have any concept of what American is? How do you disregard human being by refusing to exploit them, encouraging them to act for themselves, and refusing to spend money they don't have?

Edmund Burke

Virtue, wisdom, and charity do not come from government constraint. You cant be virtuous if you are forced to be. You cant be wise if you can't excercise discretion. You can't be charitable by giving away what doesnt belong to you.

Edmund Burke would turn in his grave if he saw how you were misusing his words.

You know what, I've read some of your posts, you're a phony. I spent 30 years calling on thousands of businesses; from small one man operations to multinational corporations. I have many friends and acquaintances that are millionaires.

I can tell you without any shred of doubt that the ONLY successful people in business are the one's that value their employees and value their fellow man. A company that doesn't value their employees, will soon reveal the same disdain towards their customers.

How do you value your employees by paying them for no work? You value your employees by giving them what they earn. Not by making them dependent on you. You value the people by encouraging them to grow. Not by crippling them.

How does mortgaging their childrens future value them? How does enslaving them to debt show your appreciation for them?

I seriously don't understand how you people can reach such convoluted conclusions.

Edmund Burke

alrighty Mr. compassionate. How long should each individual receive unemployment benefits?

Well, let's use as a benchmark the money we spent killing Iraqis...American families deserve at least as much...it is THEIR money.

Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, September 22, 2007

CHICAGO, Sept. 21 -- The money spent on one day of the Iraq war could buy homes for almost 6,500 families or health care for 423,529 children, or could outfit 1.27 million homes with renewable electricity, according to the American Friends Service Committee, which displayed those statistics on large banners in cities nationwide Thursday and Friday.

The war is costing $720 million a day or $500,000 a minute, according to the group's analysis of the work of Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph E. Stiglitz and Harvard public finance lecturer Linda J. Bilmes.

How do you value your employees by paying them for no work? You value your employees by giving them what they earn. Not by making them dependent on you. You value the people by encouraging them to grow. Not by crippling them.

How does mortgaging their childrens future value them? How does enslaving them to debt show your appreciation for them?

I seriously don't understand how you people can reach such convoluted conclusions.

I seriously don't understand people that offer solutions that require human beings to just evaporate. People don't grow if they starve to death...the DIE you moron.

We are NOT in normal economic times. This is a deep recession where jobs were shed at 750,000 per month. Letting people die is NOT an option, unless you too are a terrorist.

How does borrowing an ADDITIONAL 10 Billion dollars on help the working class? And if it makes no difference to you, why would you call Bunning an asshole for not supporting additional borrowing?

this will still be going on a year from now and more money will be needed.
As I said it makes no difference if this is on Visa or Mastercard.

Good grief if you really don't know what the difference is between using the money you're already in debt for or going further into debt you should probably apply at the DNC for a job.

You mean the RNC don't ya?
Financing about 1 trillion for a war off the budget.

Yeah the self employed. Do you lay yourself off?
Now finiancing a 1 trillion $ war off the budget....

Edmund Burke

btw,, I'd like all my money back that I wasted on drop outs..

Well, let's use as a benchmark the money we spent killing Iraqis...American families deserve at least as much...it is THEIR money.

CHICAGO, Sept. 21 -- The money spent on one day of the Iraq war could buy homes for almost 6,500 families or health care for 423,529 children, or could outfit 1.27 million homes with renewable electricity, according to the American Friends Service Committee, which displayed those statistics on large banners in cities nationwide Thursday and Friday.

The war is costing $720 million a day or $500,000 a minute, according to the group's analysis of the work of Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph E. Stiglitz and Harvard public finance lecturer Linda J. Bilmes.

so why doesn't your asswipe stop wasting money in Iraq and Afghanistan??? I'd like all my money back that the asswipe drop out kids wasted,, it is my money ya know,, and I'd like all my money that was wasted on illegals back,, it is my money ya know??

Last edited:

so why doesn't your asswipe stop wasting money in Iraq and Afghanistan???

Cause you asswipe got us into the mess and it is not as easy to get out of as to get into?
A trillion off budget too. At least the current asswipe put it on budget.

Sounds like a plan...I'm SURE you right wingers will support pulling our troops out...

I seriously don't understand people that offer solutions that require human beings to just evaporate. People don't grow if they starve to death...the DIE you moron.

We are NOT in normal economic times. This is a deep recession where jobs were shed at 750,000 per month. Letting people die is NOT an option, unless you too are a terrorist.

People have survived thousands of years without government handouts. You honestly think that if the government doesnt give people money, they will starve? Heck no. They will go out and make whatever money they can. They will grow food. They will move to where there is food. They will recieve charity from individuals. People will survive. They arent too stupid to survive like you argue.

We are in normal economic times. You see it's normal for the economy to have ups and downs. You've been trying to artificially delay the downturn for a long time so you think its abnormal. But it's not. It's life.

If you are worried about people. Stop focusing on government intervention and actually do something. Go out and volunteer for a charity. Raise food for others. Purchase food. distribute food. Clean out your house and donate old clothes. Heck, take in a foster kid.

Government handouts is not charity. It's just your attempt to act selfrighteous and outsource your charitable contributions in an effort to make yourself feel good while doing absolutely nothing to fix the real problem.

Paying people not to work is neither wise, virtuous, or charitable.

Yeah where would they grow the food?
How many of them know how to grow food?
Or even to prepare and preserve it?

Sounds like a plan...I'm SURE you right wingers will support pulling our troops out...

If you arent fighting to win, then heck yeah i support pulling the troops out. We've already won in Iraq. We've won in Germany and Japan. Let's bring those troops home.

Yeah where would they grow the food?
How many of them know how to grow food?
Or even to prepare and preserve it?

In the ground.

By reading a book.

By watching/helping someone else do it.

You know, through education and experience.

Cause you asswipe got us into the mess and it is not as easy to get out of as to get into?
A trillion off budget too. At least the current asswipe put it on budget.

sure it is, all he has to do is surrender and bring our troops home.. it was one of his big azzed promises ya know.. he should do it.

If you arent fighting to win, then heck yeah i support pulling the troops out. We've already won in Iraq. We've won in Germany and Japan. Let's bring those troops home.

LMAO, and how you would whine about cutting the defense spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back