GOP: Obamacare ---> Repeal and Replace (with nothing)

We already know what Republicans want to replace Obamacare with. That would be nothing.

Remember, under the GOP and Bush, medical bills were the number one cause of bankruptcy. Republicans desperately want to return to those days of handing insurance companies money hand over fist.

We know what Republicans want to do with Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. Why on earth would any thinking person believe they would help middle class America or the poor now? What could possibly have changed? Only the GOP could applaud having no insurance. Democrats are smarter than that.

Yes, because social security aka "force the middle class into a worse than lottery class investment" helps the middle class so much. You have been duped again and again...

A little history may be helpful:

https://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/5-02-13-history-of-health-reform.pdf

Of course the willfully ignorant and biddable will continue to argue the PPACA must be repealed. They've been told to echo how bad it is, but have no understanding of the history of and the need for reform debated for decades. See:

A Brief History: Universal Health Care Efforts in the US | Physicians for a National Health Program

I don't know why you are quoting me... I wasn't talking about history.

See the OP.

The ACA is a catastrophic joke but the cat is out of the bag now and there is no putting it back in.
The next phase (as I see it from the inside of the industry will be a Medicare type system for all), it too will fail ( we just don't have enough money to keep it solvent) and the Dems will get their Single Payor.

If Trump is elected, his 'health care savings account' will cost half a trillion $, cause more than 20 million to lose coverage and not be able to replace it and immediately result in a two tier system. Vets will be screwed as will the elderly and children.

It will be the end of health care in the US - except for the well off and wealthy.

The right will be so pleased.

Dude, ObamaCare is the ultimate "two tier" system! You've got the Middle Class facing exploding health care premiums to pay for the ACA while their health care service is being depleted due to costs. The wealthy are buying private insurance and staying with their own doctors while the Middle Class and Lower Class are struggling to find someone who will take ObamaCare.

Funny how health care in the US was among the best in the world BEFORE ObamaCare but now it will be the "end" of it if we don't have ObamaCare? It was awful legislation...passed with lies to cover how bad it was. If left alone it will collapse under it's own weight because the people who wrote it had no intention of "fixing" healthcare in the US...they only wanted to get one step closer to government run healthcare and saw the ACA as a way to make that more likely.

Funny how health care in the US was among the best in the world BEFORE ObamaCare

If you dont go somewhere with these over the top lies bruh....

Wait...did you just accuse ME of lying about ObamaCare, Closed? Wow, talk about irony! I point out that it was passed with a campaign of lies but I'm the person who's dishonest? Interesting concept...really!

Funny how health care in the US was among the best in the world BEFORE ObamaCare

Wait...did you just accuse ME of lying about ObamaCare, Closed? Wow, talk about irony! I point out that it was passed with a campaign of lies but I'm the person who's dishonest? Interesting concept...really!

No I clearly accused you of lying saying that our healthcare was the best in the world.

No I clearly accused you of lying saying that our healthcare was the best in the world.

Our healthcare system WAS among the best in the world! The problem wasn't with the quality of the healthcare...it was with the cost of healthcare. That was what the American public asked for help with. They wanted their government to do something about exploding healthcare costs. Instead of doing THAT however...Barry, Harry and Nancy decided that since they controlled the Oval Office, the House and the Senate that what they should do is push through a single payer healthcare system. They went for that despite the American people being against it even though those three progressive's lied their little asses off about what their plan would cost and how it would affect healthcare.

Everything that gets passed that you dont like was always because of some weird ass conspiracy theory. No we werent the best in the world because if you couldnt pay for it it doesnt matter how awesome it was...you cant afford it.

Everything that gets passed that you dont like was always because of some weird ass conspiracy theory. No we werent the best in the world because if you couldnt pay for it it doesnt matter how awesome it was...you cant afford it.

So you admit that we were in fact one of the best in the world when it came to our healthcare system...but that the problem was the cost of healthcare? So tell me how the ACA helped lower those costs if you're a Middle Class American, Closed? What Obama, Reid and Pelosi did was pass the cost of subsidized healthcare for the poor...right to the Middle Class while making the quality of care that the Middle Class receives far worse than it was. It was income redistribution...nothing more.

We already know what Republicans want to replace Obamacare with. That would be nothing.

Remember, under the GOP and Bush, medical bills were the number one cause of bankruptcy. Republicans desperately want to return to those days of handing insurance companies money hand over fist.

We know what Republicans want to do with Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. Why on earth would any thinking person believe they would help middle class America or the poor now? What could possibly have changed? Only the GOP could applaud having no insurance. Democrats are smarter than that.

If the ACA is repealed the preexisting conditions clause returns.

I beat a very deadly form of breast cancer.

I will lose my insurance because I'm getting divorced. Insurance I've had for over 28 years. My only option is the ACA. Without it I will never be able to be covered by insurance again because I didn't do what the conservatives expect of people who get cancer, I didn't die quickly. Only because I was strong and beat that disease, I'll lose health coverage.

When the preexisting conditions clause returns I'll be kicked off my insurance and no insurance company will cover me.

For that reason alone, I will never vote for a republican or anyone who wants to bring that preexisting conditions clause back.

The ACA is a catastrophic joke but the cat is out of the bag now and there is no putting it back in.
The next phase (as I see it from the inside of the industry will be a Medicare type system for all), it too will fail ( we just don't have enough money to keep it solvent) and the Dems will get their Single Payor.

Thank you Mr. Hate and Fear, now go play with your toys. The issue of healthcare in American is an issue for competent and informed adults, not echoes from Donald Trump and other Republikans whose constituency is the Pharmaceutical Medical complex.

Thank you Mr. Hate and Fear, now go play with your toys. The issue of healthcare in American is an issue for competent and informed adults, not echoes from Donald Trump and other Republikans whose constituency is the Pharmaceutical Medical complex.

It's cute how you little lefty's get distracted by all of the shiny little things Obama holds up for you to look at. He does it precisely to keep you distracted from the truth.
The truth is exactly as I've laid out here for you.

I will lose my insurance because I'm getting divorced. Insurance I've had for over 28 years. My only option is the ACA. Without it I will never be able to be covered by insurance again because I didn't do what the conservatives expect of people who get cancer, I didn't die quickly. Only because I was strong and beat that disease, I'll lose health coverage.

When the preexisting conditions clause returns I'll be kicked off my insurance and no insurance company will cover me.

For that reason alone, I will never vote for a republican or anyone who wants to bring that preexisting conditions clause back.

Thank you and I hope repeal never occurs, and you and all of those whose circumstances are similar benefit from the collective experiencs enjoy good health long into the future.

The Callous Conservative set, and that includes the Tea Party / Freedom (LOL) Caucus in the H. of Rep. doesn't care about you and others who have PE Conditions, or may have a disease which is expensive to treat and loop holes allow for a termination of coverage.

Not all evil doers fly airplanes into buildings! Some post on political messages boards, and thankfully have no power whatsoever.

Last edited:

It's cute how you little lefty's get distracted by all of the shiny little things Obama holds up for you to look at. He does it precisely to keep you distracted from the truth.

Truth? Bullshit, you offer nothing of substance. Calling something a catastrophe is easy, proving it is more difficult and something you and Trump lack the ability to provide.

Millions of Americans are in similar circumstances. I used to believe the Republicans would not vote to take away insurance from so many but now I believe they would.

I hope you stay healthy.

Truth? Bullshit, you offer nothing of substance. Calling something a catastrophe is easy, proving it is more difficult and something you and Trump lack the ability to provide.

(smile) Obambi would NEVER lie to you....

We had nothing before and it was a far better system. Gop has proposed several things such as cross state buying & keeping the preexisting clause but you fools would rather pay 10's of thousands a year in premiums & Co pays instead. Either that or you're just one of the takers. Either way your opinion is moot as clusterfuckcare is collapsing under its own weight.

It is true the Republicans offered NOTHING in the way of comprehensive healthcare reform despite the fact health care costs had been outpacing inflation for DECADES.

That's because the GOP sold us down the river to the Democrats decades ago. They sold us into socialized medical bondage. It's coming, folks.

The Democrats, on the other hand, put a comprehensive reform plan on the table. Never mind it was a total bait and switch boondoggle.

When offered Plan A (even if it is a shitty plan), and no Plan B, the American people will always vote for Plan A. This is what the GOP has NEVER understood.

The Democrats are experts at the logical fallacy known as the Politician's Syllogism:

1. We need to do something.
2. This is something.
3. We need to do this.

Just as an aside, this is exactly the same fallacy Donald Trump is exploiting. He's the Republican version of ObamaCare. Our political system is utterly corrupt. 1. We need to do something. 2. Donald Trump is something. 3.We need to vote Trump.

Trump is a piece of shit Plan A. However, the Democrats have a Plan B, Hillary Clinton. A piece of shit new plan vs. the status quo.

As for healthcare, more and more Americans were being priced out of the healthcare market. That's a simple fact. A fact the GOP was doing NOTHING about.

That's how we got Obamacare. And it is how we are going to inevitably end up with socialized medicine. The momentum is too great to turn back now. And that is by plan. By bipartisan plan.

Forum List

Back