GOP Must Be Proud: When Your Party’s Nominee Is the Darling of White Supremacists

R

rdean

The GOP Must Be Proud: When Your Party’s Nominee Is the Darling of White Supremacists

Racists are heavily lobbying to put Donald Trump in the White House — as the Republican Party looks the other way.

Trump’s supporters are driven most by racial resentment, according to a recent Pew Research study. It’s an embarrassment, but more seriously, a grave danger, that the GOP is willing to rally behind someone whose campaign depends on stoking white racism. And there are more white voters than previously believed, according to an Upshot analysis.

Trump may have had to pretend on national television that he didn’t “know anything about David Duke,” the former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan who endorsed him, but he consistently says and tweets things (like Mussolini quotes) that keep white racists enthusiastic about his potential presidency. These statements mixed in with his proposed ban on Muslims and wall at the Mexican border conveniently resonate with the Tea Party’s racist strain as well.
------------------------

I suspect the Republicans feel the big problem with their party being 90% white, is that it's not white enough.

The GOP Must Be Proud: When Your Party’s Nominee Is the Darling of White Supremacists

Racists are heavily lobbying to put Donald Trump in the White House — as the Republican Party looks the other way.

Trump’s supporters are driven most by racial resentment, according to a recent Pew Research study. It’s an embarrassment, but more seriously, a grave danger, that the GOP is willing to rally behind someone whose campaign depends on stoking white racism. And there are more white voters than previously believed, according to an Upshot analysis.

Trump may have had to pretend on national television that he didn’t “know anything about David Duke,” the former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan who endorsed him, but he consistently says and tweets things (like Mussolini quotes) that keep white racists enthusiastic about his potential presidency. These statements mixed in with his proposed ban on Muslims and wall at the Mexican border conveniently resonate with the Tea Party’s racist strain as well.
------------------------

I suspect the Republicans feel the big problem with their party being 90% white, is that it's not white enough.
He hasn't actually said anything racist, you're confused.

------------------------

rapists.

Yea, nothing.

------------------------

rapists.

Yea, nothing.
You're going to have to give me an actual quote.

And Hillary will have the support of the Communist Party USA. You know the political ideology that is responsible for over a 100 million death. I don't see Trump accepting the support of those white power morons but I bet money that Clinton will except the CPUSA's support. After all to a lefty Communism is just a misunderstood sociopolitical ideology.

------------------------

rapists.

Yea, nothing.
You're going to have to give me an actual quote.
Quote from who? Let me know and I'll give you one.

9 Outrageous Things Donald Trump Has Said About Latinos

Forum List

Back