GOP Mandate To Repeal Obamacare

Discussion in 'Congress' started by TheGreatGatsby, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Billy_Kinetta

Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,587
    Then you know nothing of insurance, because it is the basis for the existence of insurance. You have no argument to proffer here.

2. anotherlife

anotherlife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    I think that theft is a totally different issue, and not possible to model with insurance schemes. It is just theft, and all that is to that is that those thieves have enough power to make the government apparatus do it for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,736
    Wrong - they FEEL they have a mandate...big difference...

[​IMG]

4. Eaglewings

Eaglewings Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,654
    The insurance companies sell on the odds that we pay in and don't get sick, they make the money...

Life insurance is the same thing, closer you get to old age the more you pay..

So why shouldn't they pay when you do get an illness, it is why we buy it in the first place...

Not sure what you are driving at...

5. Eaglewings

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,654
    In an honest world I would agree with the good luck, bad luck way of thinking... but it is corrupted to the core.
    This is what we have to fight, but there is too much money to be made. Too much power..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Billy_Kinetta

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,587
    An assumption of risk cannot apply if the event that constitutes the risk has already occurred.

In other words, the forced coverage of the occurred risk becomes charity for an actual occurrence, not an assumption of risk of possible occurance.

Not insurance, but charity at the barrel of a gun.

7. Eaglewings

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,654
    So is it charity when the corrupt big pharma charge $20, 000 for a shot of chemo , plus a bag to slow drip for $10,000 a pop...x 6 or more treatments when their cost is not even close to that...?

Is it charity when a pharmaceutical company raises the price of an affordable life needed medication from $1.30 to $650.00 a pill over night..?

Is it charity when a politician makes millions by a corrupt medical company to vote in their favor.?
    Perspective: Skyrocketing health care costs are caused by political corruption

Is it charity when a our countries leaders are taking us to the cleaners with the high cost of healthcare..?

How did we end up with predatory healthcare pricing? Pricing has been rigged by the industry that pumps, by far, the most cash into Washington. The healthcare industry spends more on lobbying than the defense, aerospace, and the oil and gas industries combined. Morally corrupt politicians have allowed the industry to foist upon our nation the highest cost medical care on earth, by a margin of at least 50% per-capita, while providing significantly lower quality than exists in other wealthy nations.

Is it charity when by law the dr. is only to prescribe what is approved by the FDA, when the FDA is being paid off by these corrupt Big Pharma pals?

Is it charity when our paid government officials get the best insurance out there?

We were doing very well in our healthcare until big money came in and corrupted things...

Just stop with the welfare tactic, you sound brainwashed..

I could go on all night, but I need to go to bed...goodnight..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  8. TheGreatGatsby

TheGreatGatsby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,620
    Looks like some far left rubbish.

9. Maryland Patriot

Maryland Patriot Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,317
    If you think that changing the wording is going to fool the American Citizens you are seriously mistaken. As a matter of fact, you can keep obamacare and keep it just like it is. Just as long as you get your filthy hands out of my wallet. I dont feel the need to be responsible for someone elses health care. I pay for mine, they can pay for theirs. just make obamacare another insurance company. No forced payments to it, no taxes hidden anywhere to cover it. it was sold as a plan that would save billions a year in health care costs, if that is true, then there would be no reason to have those not enrolled in it pay any portion of it.
    I dont care either way if someone else has insurance or access to the ER, I do care that I have access, therefore, I pay for mine.
    Too bad liberals cant wrap their little minds around personal responsibility.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Billy_Kinetta

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,587
    Knowing how things work is far from brainwashed. Assumption of risk is the basis of insurance. Take it away and what you have is no longer insurance.