GOP Mandate To Repeal Obamacare

- 3,000,000 votes = no mandate

Trump will probably keep the important parts anywyas since he said he likes a lot of it. Maybe the GOP will do their jobs now and try to improve the system instead of sabotaging it to increase the pain to the average citizen. Since now they can't pass the buck on it.

Trump will probably keep the important parts anywyas since he said he likes a lot of it. Maybe the GOP will do their jobs now and try to improve the system instead of sabotaging it to increase the pain to the average citizen. Since now they can't pass the buck on it.

Not worried about those made up numbers whatsoever.

304 Electoral votes=mandate

its gonna be so nice if it happens and OldSchool needs some expensive work done on his brain .

Trump doesn't go by any silly mandate

--------------------------------------- you and your brain redo are at the mercy of the TRUMP and ME Oldschool !!

Kathy Oller is so committed to her job signing up fellow Kentuckians for Obamacare that last Halloween, she dressed up as a cat, set up a booth at a trick-or-treat event, and urged people to get on the rolls. She’s enrolled so many people in the past three years that she long ago lost count. ...

But Obamacare’s success in Whitley County and across Kentucky hasn’t translated into political support for the law. In fact, 82 percent of Whitley voters supported Donald Trump in the presidential election, even though he promised to repeal it.

Oller voted for Trump too. ...

I spent last week in southeastern Kentucky talking to Obamacare enrollees, all of whom supported Trump in the election, trying to understand how the health care law factored into their decisions.

Many expressed frustration that Obamacare plans cost way too much, that premiums and deductibles had spiraled out of control. And part of their anger was wrapped up in the idea that other people were getting even better, even cheaper benefits — and those other people did not deserve the help.

There was a persistent belief that Trump would fix these problems and make Obamacare work better. I kept hearing informed voters, who had watched the election closely, say they did hear the promise of repeal but simply felt Trump couldn’t repeal a law that had done so much good for them. In fact, some of the people I talked to hope that one of the more divisive pieces of the law — Medicaid expansion — might become even more robust, offering more of the working poor a chance at the same coverage the very poor receive. ...

The question is not whether Republicans will end coverage for millions. It is when they will do it. Oller’s three years of work could very much be undone over the next three years.

In southeastern Kentucky, that idea didn’t seem to penetrate at all — not to Oller, and not to the people she signed up for coverage.

“We all need it,” Oller told me when I asked about the fact that Trump and congressional Republicans had promised Obamacare repeal. “You can’t get rid of it.” ...

Before I went to Kentucky, I did about half a dozen interviews with experts on why the state had voting so resoundingly for politicians who want to dismantle Obamacare.

I kept hearing the same theory over and over again: Kentuckians just did not understand that what they signed up for was part of Obamacare. If they had, certainly they would have voted to save the law. ...

They voted for Trump because they were concerned about other issues — and just couldn’t fathom the idea that this new coverage would be taken away from them. ...​

Why Obamacare enrollees voted for Trump

Not worried about those made up numbers whatsoever.

That's what I keep telling this clown.

One of the smallest electoral vote wins in American history = not a mandate

republican-majority-map-2014-mide-terms.jpg

Keep sucking that koolaid loser.

One of the smallest electoral vote wins in American history = not a mandate

3,000,000 more in the popular vote=means squat in the presidential election.

70 more electoral votes than the loser=mandate

"Mandate" - an excuse used by both parties to justify cramming their agendas down our throats.

It's true that parties and politicians liberally use the term now; but the reality is Obamacare was forced on us quite literally. And people hate that bloated pile of shit.

"Mandate" - an excuse used by both parties to justify cramming their agendas down our throats..
It's true that parties and politicians liberally use the term now; but the reality is Obamacare was forced on us quite literally. And people hate that bloated pile of shit.
I do too. But the point remains, ours is a divided country, and one day a smart party will realize that and govern accordingly.

Forum List

Back