GOP Mandate To Repeal Obamacare

I am not on Medicare or Medicaid.

Well, obamacare would have worked in its original form, but when stupidity was hammered into it, like covering pre existing conditions, the whole thing crashed. Many countries have national health schemes. Only a special section of those ever cover pre existing conditions. National health schemes, such as obamacare, should all be only to do quick repairs, like sport injuries and flu/cold patch ups, like they do in every country, but the private insurers can't cover it because it always happens.

So you think it is ok for the insurance companies to deny you if you are a Type 1 diabetic, or a life long childhood condition?
Or kick cancer people off treatment because they were denied for insurance..

That is a crazy ass concept..

What brought us down was the law that Emergency Rooms had to see everybody and anybody including illegals..and they never pay the bills because it is so expensive ...
So our medical costs go sky high.

I agree that Ronald reagans law of forcing emergency rooms to treat everyone is a huge problem. But also, insurance companies must produce shareholder value, in terms of cash flow, otherwise they can't exist. Every insurance, medical or not, produces this cash flow, by betting the finite probability of filing claims against premiums. If the claim probability is 100%, then this bet can only fail. Good luck getting a car insurance for example after you crash your car. How can you expect health insurance to be any different? Mathematically impossible. Even in a national scheme, only there you can make taxes out of it.

So a kid that got Juvenile Type 1 Diabetes. is pure out of luck for the rest of their life....?
Well, obamacare would have worked in its original form, but when stupidity was hammered into it, like covering pre existing conditions, the whole thing crashed. Many countries have national health schemes. Only a special section of those ever cover pre existing conditions. National health schemes, such as obamacare, should all be only to do quick repairs, like sport injuries and flu/cold patch ups, like they do in every country, but the private insurers can't cover it because it always happens.

So you think it is ok for the insurance companies to deny you if you are a Type 1 diabetic, or a life long childhood condition?
Or kick cancer people off treatment because they were denied for insurance.

Define the concept of insurance for me. What does insurance do, as defined?

Just curious.

You buy insurance for a catastrophe mostly, at least this is what kind of insurance we carry on our home, cars, fire, health

Now before the law, the medical corruption kicked them off insurance ( or they had to keep working through cancer ect.} used up life savings and then stopped treatment left to die. Happened all of the time...

No. By definition, insurance is an assumption of risk on the part of the insurance company.

Do you know what an assumption of risk is?

No I don't know what assumption of risk is.

Then you know nothing of insurance, because it is the basis for the existence of insurance. You have no argument to proffer here.

What brought us down was the law that Emergency Rooms had to see everybody and anybody including illegals..and they never pay the bills because it is so expensive ...

I agree that Ronald reagans law of forcing emergency rooms to treat everyone is a huge problem. But also, insurance companies must produce shareholder value, in terms of cash flow, otherwise they can't exist. Every insurance, medical or not, produces this cash flow, by betting the finite probability of filing claims against premiums. If the claim probability is 100%, then this bet can only fail. Good luck getting a car insurance for example after you crash your car. How can you expect health insurance to be any different? Mathematically impossible. Even in a national scheme, only there you can make taxes out of it.

So a kid that got Juvenile Type 1 Diabetes. is pure out of luck for the rest of their life....?

Unless you are a communist, you would see that not everyone is born equal or able to draw equality, so pretty much the entire planet has been shuffling all kinds of lives in this fashion for the past 1 billion years.

Oh so why do you think it is ok for these politicians to steal money from us, and have the best medical insurance possible, but forget the little kid...Oh come on...I disagree very much so..

I think that theft is a totally different issue, and not possible to model with insurance schemes. It is just theft, and all that is to that is that those thieves have enough power to make the government apparatus do it for them.

With all these Dem Congressmen being thrown out on their asses, the GOP majorities in both houses have a MANDATE to repeal Obamacare.

News from The Associated Press

Wrong - they FEEL they have a mandate...big difference...

8940-figure-4.png

Or kick cancer people off treatment because they were denied for insurance.

Just curious.

You buy insurance for a catastrophe mostly, at least this is what kind of insurance we carry on our home, cars, fire, health

Now before the law, the medical corruption kicked them off insurance ( or they had to keep working through cancer ect.} used up life savings and then stopped treatment left to die. Happened all of the time...

No. By definition, insurance is an assumption of risk on the part of the insurance company.

Then you know nothing of insurance, because it is the basis for the existence of insurance. You have no argument to proffer here.

The insurance companies sell on the odds that we pay in and don't get sick, they make the money...

Life insurance is the same thing, closer you get to old age the more you pay..

So why shouldn't they pay when you do get an illness, it is why we buy it in the first place...

Not sure what you are driving at...

Unless you are a communist, you would see that not everyone is born equal or able to draw equality, so pretty much the entire planet has been shuffling all kinds of lives in this fashion for the past 1 billion years.

Oh so why do you think it is ok for these politicians to steal money from us, and have the best medical insurance possible, but forget the little kid...Oh come on...I disagree very much so..

I think that theft is a totally different issue, and not possible to model with insurance schemes. It is just theft, and all that is to that is that those thieves have enough power to make the government apparatus do it for them.

In an honest world I would agree with the good luck, bad luck way of thinking... but it is corrupted to the core.
This is what we have to fight, but there is too much money to be made. Too much power..

Just curious.

The insurance companies sell on the odds that we pay in and don't get sick, they make the money...

So why shouldn't they pay when you do get an illness, it is why we buy it in the first place...

An assumption of risk cannot apply if the event that constitutes the risk has already occurred.

In other words, the forced coverage of the occurred risk becomes charity for an actual occurrence, not an assumption of risk of possible occurance.

Not insurance, but charity at the barrel of a gun.

An assumption of risk cannot apply if the event that constitutes the risk has already occurred.

In other words, the forced coverage of the occurred risk becomes charity for an actual occurrence, not an assumption of risk of possible occurance.

So is it charity when the corrupt big pharma charge $20, 000 for a shot of chemo , plus a bag to slow drip for $10,000 a pop...x 6 or more treatments when their cost is not even close to that...?

Is it charity when a pharmaceutical company raises the price of an affordable life needed medication from $1.30 to $650.00 a pill over night..?

Is it charity when a politician makes millions by a corrupt medical company to vote in their favor.?
Perspective: Skyrocketing health care costs are caused by political corruption

Is it charity when a our countries leaders are taking us to the cleaners with the high cost of healthcare..?

How did we end up with predatory healthcare pricing? Pricing has been rigged by the industry that pumps, by far, the most cash into Washington. The healthcare industry spends more on lobbying than the defense, aerospace, and the oil and gas industries combined. Morally corrupt politicians have allowed the industry to foist upon our nation the highest cost medical care on earth, by a margin of at least 50% per-capita, while providing significantly lower quality than exists in other wealthy nations.

Is it charity when by law the dr. is only to prescribe what is approved by the FDA, when the FDA is being paid off by these corrupt Big Pharma pals?

Is it charity when our paid government officials get the best insurance out there?

We were doing very well in our healthcare until big money came in and corrupted things...

Just stop with the welfare tactic, you sound brainwashed..

I could go on all night, but I need to go to bed...goodnight..

Last edited:
With all these Dem Congressmen being thrown out on their asses, the GOP majorities in both houses have a MANDATE to repeal Obamacare.

News from The Associated Press

They won't repeal healthcare. They will have a vote claiming thy are repealing it, but it won'y go into effect for years. In the mean time they will fix the things needing fixing, like they should have already done, and change the name to something else, and the RWNJs are so dumb till they will think they got what they were promised.
If you think that changing the wording is going to fool the American Citizens you are seriously mistaken. As a matter of fact, you can keep obamacare and keep it just like it is. Just as long as you get your filthy hands out of my wallet. I dont feel the need to be responsible for someone elses health care. I pay for mine, they can pay for theirs. just make obamacare another insurance company. No forced payments to it, no taxes hidden anywhere to cover it. it was sold as a plan that would save billions a year in health care costs, if that is true, then there would be no reason to have those not enrolled in it pay any portion of it.
I dont care either way if someone else has insurance or access to the ER, I do care that I have access, therefore, I pay for mine.
Too bad liberals cant wrap their little minds around personal responsibility.

So is it charity when the corrupt big pharma charge $20, 000 for a shot of chemo , plus a bag to slow drip for $10,000 a pop...x 6 or more treatments when their cost is not even close to that...?

Is it charity when a pharmaceutical company raises the price of an affordable life needed medication from $1.30 to $650.00 a pill over night..?

Is it charity when a politician makes millions by a corrupt medical company to vote in their favor.?

Is it charity when a our countries leaders are taking us to the cleaners with the high cost of healthcare..?

How did we end up with predatory healthcare pricing? Pricing has been rigged by the industry that pumps, by far, the most cash into Washington. The healthcare industry spends more on lobbying than the defense, aerospace, and the oil and gas industries combined. Morally corrupt politicians have allowed the industry to foist upon our nation the highest cost medical care on earth, by a margin of at least 50% per-capita, while providing significantly lower quality than exists in other wealthy nations.

Is it charity when by law the dr. is only to prescribe what is approved by the FDA, when the FDA is being paid off by these corrupt Big Pharma pals?

Is it charity when our paid government officials get the best insurance out there?

We were doing very well in our healthcare until big money came in and corrupted things...

Knowing how things work is far from brainwashed. Assumption of risk is the basis of insurance. Take it away and what you have is no longer insurance.

"Mandate" - an excuse used by both parties to justify cramming their agendas down our throats.

Well, we never wanted Obamacare. It was unConstitutional from the start, anyways.
The GOP base was much better off when they didn't have healthcare. They could spend all their time trying to figure out how to keep the farm rather than getting involved in politics and ruining the country.

- 3,000,000 votes = no mandate

Trump will probably keep the important parts anywyas since he said he likes a lot of it. Maybe the GOP will do their jobs now and try to improve the system instead of sabotaging it to increase the pain to the average citizen. Since now they can't pass the buck on it.

What parts. Children (too funny, men can die in war, but 26 year old still called children) can remain on it up to the age of 26 and no preexisting conditions. Does that mean no health questionnaire when you apply for health insurance?

How much is it going to cost? No mandate, we need to enforce mandates and make the fine so huge they had wish they signed up. The young people think everything is free.

Just curious.
Insurance is legalized gambling. You're betting you'll collect on something for cheaper than you paid in insurance and the insurance company is betting you won't. Actuaries are oddsmakers and actuarial tables are the odds they use when setting prices for "bets".

https://www.johnhancockinsurance.com/life/life-expectancy-tool.aspx#ltc

Life Expectancy Tables - Actuarial Life Tables | Life Expectancy Calculator:

That is correct, disability, workers comp, auto, and home insurances are all something you hope you will never need to use, but chances are good you will use most of them , esp. health insurance. Healthy one day, accident , illness the next.

Knowing how things work is far from brainwashed. Assumption of risk is the basis of insurance. Take it away and what you have is no longer insurance.

Ok so looking at it your way and taking a chance of buying insurance hoping not to get sick, you get sick and they find a way to kick you off of the insurance..
We have someone on this forum who worked for the insurance company and agreed this did happen..
What would you say to that?

Ok so looking at it your way and taking a chance of buying insurance hoping not to get sick, you get sick and they find a way to kick you off of the insurance..
We have someone on this forum who worked for the insurance company and agreed this did happen..
What would you say to that?

I would say that I also worked in the insurance industry for a time and I would need to know specifics and circumstances to venture an opinion.

That is just it, circumstances and specifics should not matter. With the ACA age matters, and smoking. The older one is the more it costs. If one smokes there is a increase in premiums.

Forum List

Back