GOP-led Senate passing bills at rate not seen in decades

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
As usual the truth is the opposite of what the left wing states. The left wing says that this is a do nothing Congress, when in reality it was and always will be the Congress when run by democrats.

The Senate is off to its best year since 1990 by at least one measure, with more than 30 of its bills having been signed into law by President Obama.

Eighteen months into Republican control of the Senate, the upper chamber has settled into a new normal. The partisan fights remain, and senators aren’t spending much time on the floor debating bills — but they are passing them, and at a surprising clip.

If only they would do NOTHING...but I get what you are saying.

It is another lie to dupe the gullible followers of the MSM. They must keep us divided so that their owners, the Oligarchy, can conquer.

If only they would do NOTHING...but I get what you are saying.

It is another lie to dupe the gullible followers of the MSM. They must keep us divided so that their owners, the Oligarchy, can conquer.

Yep, I am not super happy about all the new laws but it is fun to point out the liberal BS.

The biggest change is that the leadership is actually allowing Senators to openly DEBATE bills. Something Dingy Harry would not allow.

As usual the truth is the opposite of what the left wing states. The left wing says that this is a do nothing Congress, when in reality it was and always will be the Congress when run by democrats.

The Senate is off to its best year since 1990 by at least one measure, with more than 30 of its bills having been signed into law by President Obama.

Eighteen months into Republican control of the Senate, the upper chamber has settled into a new normal. The partisan fights remain, and senators aren’t spending much time on the floor debating bills — but they are passing them, and at a surprising clip.

Considering every single poll shows that a HUGE majority of Americans want compromise and bi-partisanship, the Senate is following a majority of Americans wishes.
americans want compromise in washington - Bing
Screw the radical fringe, who put ideology over country.

Can anyone name a significant bill the Republican Congress has passed?

Anyone? Anyone?

With more than 2 dozen senate seats to defend in less than the 4 months upcoming election, senate GOPers want to show that they're finally getting off their asses. Does the conservative Wash. Times mention the senate's decision to NOT allow Obama's supreme court pick from getting a hearing?

I see the Washington Times does not mention a single significant bill

At least any bills more important than filling a Supreme Court vacancy or preventing those on the no fly list from buying guns

At least any bills more important than filling a Supreme Court vacancy or preventing those on the no fly list from buying guns

Check ou Search GovTrack.us
Just as rightwinger suspected. Not a single significant bill.

WOW! I'm impressed! :lol:

Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 2576) to modernize the Toxic Substances Control Act, and for other ...
... purposes, and providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 897) to amend the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act and the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to clarify Congressional intent regarding the regulation of the use of pesticides in or near navigable waters, and for other purposes.

I can smell the jobs and economic recovery all the way over here! :lol:

Thank God they are considering an amendment to an amendment to an amendment to extend the African Growth Opportunity Act. That has been concerning me all year. I can't tell you how many topics which have been started in which we have raged on and on about this.

Check ou Search GovTrack.us
Just as rightwinger suspected. Not a single significant bill.

WOW! I'm impressed! :lol:

So funding the fucked up government isn't significant?

It's an election year, so they HAD to start performing and McConnell understood that! Gotta get those new names on those post office buildings, ya know!

Well, we should be grateful the Republicans didn't shut down the government; so let's not make them angry again.

Forum List

Back