GOP imagined Obama disasters vs "real" damage from GOP policies

The Big Lies of Mitt Romney V: Obama Had A Super-Majority In Congress For Two Years « The Dish

Dems only had a filibuster-proof majority (including two independents) from the time that Al Franken was finally seated (July 7, 2009) until the point that Teddy Kennedy passed away (August 25, 2009). That's only seven weeks, not two years.

And there was never a supermajority in the House as Romney claims. The balance at the start of the Congress was 257 – 178, which is a Democratic share of only 59 percent, not 67. So again, Romney simply lied. Obama never had a super majority in both Houses, let alone for two years. In the Senate, his super-majority lasted seven weeks.

----------------------------------------------

You guys can never be honest. If Obama had a super majority, he wouldn't have needed "reconciliation". You guys are stupid on so many levels. It's pitiful. Just pitiful.

rw'ers need to stop w/ that FAIL argument which has been discredited for years.

Dot com you're right as it was only 7 weeks. I thought you only needed a simple majority in the house? Funny how not a single republican voted for Obamacare in the senate.

It seems that this bill needs some serious charges.

yeah. that rw straw man was long ago debunked ;)

Dot com you're right as it was only 7 weeks. I thought you only needed a simple majority in the house? Funny how not a single republican voted for Obamacare in the senate.

Serious changes? Like a "White" president. That's the only change the Republicans will be even close to satisfied with.

Bill Clinton gave the lying republicans the gift that keeps on giving.

The signing of the telecomunications act was one of the most traitorous acts against free speach in the media ever done to the public. The republican "message" already had a 10-1 ratio advantage of broadcast stations and now the new strategy is turning what is left of progressive radio over to sports stations. What is the advantage now? 20-1 ??? 50-1 ???

This alone makes Clinton the worst president ever. He was personally responsible for the destruction of the progressive voice in America. I think that what Clinton did for the republicans was worse than dropping the ball in the pursuit of Bin Ladin after the Cole attack in Yemen.

If I ever see Clinton in person I will kick him in the nuts.

That will get him where he lives.

If someone says something dumb enough, even outright lies, enough times to dumbed down people that is what dumb people will believe.

The republicans haven't been underestimating the intelligence of America. They were spot on. Now they have the tools to attack any intelligent resistance.

Republicans are pure evil.

You support a government that turns the IRS loose on their "opponents" has the NSA monitor all activity and spies on reporters?

I don't support a government(the house of representatives run by the gop) that has as it's only stated goal the destruction of Barack Obama. In spite of the christian neo fascist's sabotage of the job of restoring jobs and repairing infrastructure that would also help Obama's popularity, the traitorous GOP has done everything in it's power to prevent any bills to proceed that would have helped the economy. The economy has recovered ..the stocks...housing values ... jobs.. have recovered and proven that Obama's policies were steady and gave the country the leadership neccesary to pull ourselves out of the abyss the republican policies put us in.

I don't support all of Obama's policies but I do support the drones. I do support the methods used in tracking foreign phone calls.

I don't support the sequester because that is a result of the GOP forcing thier draconian policies on the country. Obama's mistake was agreeing to the terms that would trigger the sequester because no one believed the gop would ever let something so insane come to fuition.

Obama didn't understand how crazy and sociopathic republicans are. He constantly underestimates the lengths his opposition will go to cut him off at the knees. He really wants to believe that there is good in everyone. That is a foolish idea. There is no good in the GOP's pure insanity..only evil. All religious fundimentalists are criminally insane. They all are involved in massive fraud of the public and individual cases of fraud numbering in the millions involving trillions of dollars. They pray on the dumbest of our population and those at the most vulnerable of thier lives and those that have been victimized by the very policies the GOP and these phoney religious vermin promote.

It truly disgusts me to see Obama being called evil by these mentally diseased scum.

Obama has not allowed any terrorist plot save the Boston bombing. Ya they could have handled that one better, but it is no way comparable to the massive layer upon layer of willfull ignorance and criminal deriliction of duty and traitorous hubris of the Bush administration leading up to the events of 9/11..the mindboggling refusal to kill Bin Ladin when he was still in Afgahnistan at Tora Bora...and the lying and arm twisting accompanied by anthrax letters that threatened the congress and Senate to buy "Oddball's" bullshit about WMDs and vote to attack Iraq..then later blame the same congress they bullied, accusing them of the responsibility to enter that war. Republicans Cheney, Rove Libby ..Bush are pure evil. Outting a deep cover CIA operative? Are you kidding me? Where did they get the nerve to act so irresponsibly and criminally?

You people seem to have forgotten what massive world class mistakes Bush was directly responsible for.

Now-a-days you want to blame Obama for every single event and misfortune on the planet.

The insanity of the republican party is breathtaking.

Almost every single thing you blame Obama for, as evil in foreign policy, is left over from the Bush administration.

Republicans are lying sacks of liquid shit. If I was president I would invoke Marshal Law and round up all of these evil gop christian fundimentalist neo fascist fucks and have them executed next to big holes in the ground ala the way Stalin handled his enemies.

Last edited:

Serious changes? Like a "White" president. That's the only change the Republicans will be even close to satisfied with.

there goes that word again......Dean Obsessed with race......nah.....

I begin to understand why Obama ignores these GOP created disasters. It drives the left crazy that he doesn't defend himself from these invented charges. Has anyone noticed, every one of these "scandals" has come back to bite the GOP on the butt?

Benghazi scandal - turns out the GOP:
1. Altered emails to make it worse
2. Cut funding for embassy security
3. Quietly and without fanfare voted to restore embassy budgets by two billion
4. Ignored the other hundreds of deadly riots going on all over the world at the same time

IRS scandal - turns out the GOP:
1. Started doing targeting in 1959 under Eisenhower
2. Targeted the NAACP and put it in a letter telling them what they were doing and why
3. Published only the names of right wing groups by editing the asked for lists
4. Ignoring that the guy in charge was a Bush appointee because they won't confirm Obama's selections

Then there was the downgrade - Republicans - We Got 98% of Everything we Wanted!

Then there was the Bush Tax Extensions - Obama "caved" (but why?)

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Fast and Furious - see "Bush gunrunning"

Solyndra - began by Bush and the Republicans

Iraq

Afghanistan

Deficit

In fact, I thought Republicans would give Obama credit for taking out Bin Laden, but now a huge percentage of Republicans think that was accomplished by Mitt Romney? Huh?

You didn't build that alone (first said by Mitt Romney - you didn't do that alone - SLC Olympics)

Then of course, are the attacks on Obama wife, children, half brother and aunt and everyone he has ever met, no matter how brief the meeting.

Now the final bit of hypocrisy, right wingers on the USMB shrieking that it is they who are constantly under attack and no one on the left criticizes Obama.

And the final straw is when they insist it's not about "race" when they uses words like "boi, Kenyan, thug, man-child, mau mau" and so on.

I'm curious. How much of their BS do they actually believe?

5 Years of Obama, 2 with a super majority in Congress ramrodding their radical agenda on the population...and they're blaming the minority party because things are so fucked up

It's bad BECAUSE Dems passed their entire agenda over the complete objection of Republicans

Own it, Fucker
The Democrats don't want to own it. Owning it would mean to admit they are failures. They need to maintain the facade that they have control over things.

Wrong! Try again:

Obama referred to Solyndra’s loan at an Oct. 6 press conference as “a loan guarantee program that predates me.” That’s not accurate. It’s true that the Energy Policy Act of 2005 created a loan guarantee program for clean-energy companies developing “innovative technologies.” But Solyndra’s loan guarantee came under another program created by the president’s 2009 stimulus for companies developing “commercially available technologies.

--SNIP--

The second program was created with the passage of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, more commonly known as the stimulus law. The recovery act amended the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to create section 1705 for “commercially available technologies,” as the Energy Department explains on page 12 of a 2009 report on stimulus funding. The stimulus provided more funding for the loan guarantee programs. The loans under the new program also came with no credit subsidy fees, making them more attractive and less expensive than those under the program signed into law by President Bush. It was under this program that Solyndra was able to get financing, although the company initially applied under the section 1703 program.

--SNIP--

The stimulus bill that funded Solyndra received no Republican votes in the House and only three in the Senate — including Sen. Arlen Specter, who later switched parties.

FactCheck.org : Obama?s Solyndra Problem

Let's all agree that we need to pass a bill lowering college interest rates, increasing funding for science, and infrastructure.

1. We must have a educated population
2. We must have jobs for them

The business environment must be favorable for the creation of businesses...So lowering the corporate tax and increasing the income tax probably is the best idea. I'm afraid both left and right have gone so far to the extremes that no one can do what's right anymore.

Education is becoming more and more expensive because the Feds are underwriting it via the student loan program. There is an ever increasing pot of money available so it only follows that thee cost keeps rising. The problem is, kids are borrowing stupid amounts of money to finance an education in what is a lot of time, meaningless drivel. Then they end up with $100k in loans working as a Barista because they can't find gainful employment as a Druid Philosopher.

The last thing we need to do is make money even more readily available... hell, I worked my way through college which forced me to actually think about what I was gonna be when I grew up.

:lol:

There are creative ways to make education available for Americans. It's not just about money. But Republicans think education is for snobs. Science is a faith. Evolution a lie. Climate change a conspiracy. And the system everyone else in the world is trying to get into is no damn good. Of course, Republicans don't want their kids "contaminated" by people who encourage those children to "think" and "reason things out".

Texas GOP rejects "critical thinking" skills

Those children could think and reason things out one hell of a lot better, if they could just read, write, and do arithmetic. Conservatives do not want their children indoctrinated by people who believe they have all the answers in science. Whether or not any child believes in God, or does not believe in evolution or global warming, is none of your damn business, and completely immaterial to an adequate education.

If you had obtained an adequate education, you would know little things like that.

come on people, we are suppose to know that Obama is just clean as a whistle...the man is a Saint, isn't he?

damn this was one whiny ass thread from the lead Obamabot, rdean

waaa, they attacked his wife, his uncle, his DOG.............WAAAA

like we didn't see Ann Romney attacked, you dumbasses attacked HIS HORSES for crying out loud..

then take Palins family, even her down syndrome baby..

go get a load of cheese

Last edited:

Wrong! Try again:

Obama referred to Solyndra’s loan at an Oct. 6 press conference as “a loan guarantee program that predates me.” That’s not accurate. It’s true that the Energy Policy Act of 2005 created a loan guarantee program for clean-energy companies developing “innovative technologies.” But Solyndra’s loan guarantee came under another program created by the president’s 2009 stimulus for companies developing “commercially available technologies.

--SNIP--

The second program was created with the passage of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, more commonly known as the stimulus law. The recovery act amended the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to create section 1705 for “commercially available technologies,” as the Energy Department explains on page 12 of a 2009 report on stimulus funding. The stimulus provided more funding for the loan guarantee programs. The loans under the new program also came with no credit subsidy fees, making them more attractive and less expensive than those under the program signed into law by President Bush. It was under this program that Solyndra was able to get financing, although the company initially applied under the section 1703 program.

--SNIP--

The stimulus bill that funded Solyndra received no Republican votes in the House and only three in the Senate — including Sen. Arlen Specter, who later switched parties.

FactCheck.org : Obama?s Solyndra Problem

I love it when right wingers post a link they apparently hadn't bothered reading. Especially this part:

The Energy Policy Act of 2005 that created the section 1703 loan guarantee program had the support of a majority of Republicans — who controlled both houses of Congress at the time — but not “all” of them.

The argument isn't whether it started under Bush but whether ALL the Republicans in the House and Senate supported the bill which Obama wrongly said. But since it passed under Republican control, that means it was Republicans who brought it to the floor which usually doesn't happen unless the GOP has a majority vote.

And as far as Stimulus goes, the fact that Republicans voted against it and took credit for it, proves, they are indeed, sacks of liquid shit.

Hypocrisy Alert: Republicans take credit for the stimulus plan after they voted against it. | Crooks and Liars

how come when he is not.....you dont say anything?.....just wondering.....

Basically?

It's because you aren't paying attention.

I've gotten into some disagreements with Mr. Dean.

bullshit, you and dean live together. which one of you is the sock?

Wow, you're kind of nasty. Imagining so many things.

I think you are simply bitter. Bitter at being "pitiful".

Beside, it's difficult to prove I'm wrong when most of the time, I quote the Republican leadership. How many times have I posted a link and right wingers insist it must have been edited. Hilarious was the Ron Paul "let him die" at the presidential debates. Right wingers insisted it was "edited" and those voices were added.

Hello, it was at a Republican Presidential debate broadcast live.

I begin to understand why Obama ignores these GOP created disasters. It drives the left crazy that he doesn't defend himself from these invented charges. Has anyone noticed, every one of these "scandals" has come back to bite the GOP on the butt?

Benghazi scandal - turns out the GOP:
1. Altered emails to make it worse
2. Cut funding for embassy security
3. Quietly and without fanfare voted to restore embassy budgets by two billion
4. Ignored the other hundreds of deadly riots going on all over the world at the same time

IRS scandal - turns out the GOP:
1. Started doing targeting in 1959 under Eisenhower
2. Targeted the NAACP and put it in a letter telling them what they were doing and why
3. Published only the names of right wing groups by editing the asked for lists
4. Ignoring that the guy in charge was a Bush appointee because they won't confirm Obama's selections

Then there was the downgrade - Republicans - We Got 98% of Everything we Wanted!

Then there was the Bush Tax Extensions - Obama "caved" (but why?)

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Fast and Furious - see "Bush gunrunning"

Iraq

Afghanistan

Deficit

In fact, I thought Republicans would give Obama credit for taking out Bin Laden, but now a huge percentage of Republicans think that was accomplished by Mitt Romney? Huh?

You didn't build that alone (first said by Mitt Romney - you didn't do that alone - SLC Olympics)

Then of course, are the attacks on Obama wife, children, half brother and aunt and everyone he has ever met, no matter how brief the meeting.

Now the final bit of hypocrisy, right wingers on the USMB shrieking that it is they who are constantly under attack and no one on the left criticizes Obama.

And the final straw is when they insist it's not about "race" when they uses words like "boi, Kenyan, thug, man-child, mau mau" and so on.

I'm curious. How much of their BS do they actually believe?

5 Years of Obama, 2 with a super majority in Congress ramrodding their radical agenda on the population...and they're blaming the minority party because things are so fucked up

It's bad BECAUSE Dems passed their entire agenda over the complete objection of Republicans

Own it, Fucker

Less than 6 months of supermajority, dumbazz dupes- ANOTHER lie the dupes parrot...:cuckoo:

As I said elsewhere, rdean's opinions aren't immaterial to everyone because he's an atheist. They are immaterial on the substance.

When we follow the Constitution, have a balanced budget, and seek to eliminate corruption form government regardless of the party position, you can complain about "real" damage from Conservative policies.

Forum List

Back