GOP House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Spoke At White Supremacist Conference

And you did know Byrd was still using racist language in 2001, right?

No I don't. But I'm sure you have a ready example that you don't understand.
The fact remains, you original claim had its head up its ass by at least 60 years.

Look it up sometime.

Already did, long ago. That's how I knew instantly your post was bullshit.
This is the price of information fueling based on Google images and Dimbart.

You don't consider Byrd's rhetoric to be racist? You do know that if Ted Cruz said that today, he'd be hounded out of Washington before the echos died down.

You don't know what "racist" means, do you?

I also know that a racist President attended the church of a racist preacher in Chicago for 20 years.

Make that two.

You'd think given a country that virtually invented it more wags would have a clue.

Scalise Refused To Vote For Bill Apologizing For Slavery

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) voted against a bill that would have apologized for slavery to African-Americans when he was in the Louisiana Legislature, according to a 1996 New Orleans Times-Picayune article first reported on by The Hill.

More: Steve Scalise Refused To Vote For 1996 Bill Apologizing For Slavery

Scalise is clearly a disciple of David Duke and the KKK. In other words - he's a racist.

Any government that existed during the time of slavery, state or federal, owes blacks an official apology!

And you did know Byrd was still using racist language in 2001, right?

The fact remains, you original claim had its head up its ass by at least 60 years.

Look it up sometime.

You don't consider Byrd's rhetoric to be racist? You do know that if Ted Cruz said that today, he'd be hounded out of Washington before the echos died down.

I do know that any Republican using that language would be accused of racism.

Any government that existed during the time of slavery, state or federal, owes blacks an official apology!

Are you including the governments of the African tribes and nations that first captured and sold the slaves to the Europeans?

Are you including the governments of the African tribes and nations that first captured and sold the slaves to the Europeans?

Did they have elected governments? I was referring only to U.S. governments, sparky.

Did they have elected governments? I was referring only to U.S. governments, sparky.

But of course you were. No one else need be held responsible for anything, ever.

Look it up sometime.

Speculation fallacy. :eusa_hand:

Language in itself isn't "racist". It's what the language says that counts.

Look it up sometime.

Again, what would be the reaction if Ted Cruz used that language in ANY fashion? You know as well as I do that the usual suspects would be shrieking "RACIST!!!" as loud as they could.

Again, what would be the reaction if Ted Cruz used that language in ANY fashion? You know as well as I do that the usual suspects would be shrieking "RACIST!!!" as loud as they could.

I guess I'll just repeat this over and over until it starts to sink in:
A term by itself doesn't express an idea. The sentence and the context around it is what expresses the idea.

There are no "racist words" per se. They need verbs and context to carry the idea of racism.

A term by itself doesn't express an idea. The sentence and the context around it is what expresses the idea.

There are no "racist words" per se. They need verbs and context to carry the idea of racism.

You can do exactly that and repeat yourself until you're blue in the face. It won't change the reality that a Republican using that language in any fashion today would be branded a racist.

I previously posted that there was no doubt in my mind that Scalise is a racist. I no longer am 100% convinced and I want to (as promised) retract and apologize for my previous statement. Scalise may or may not be a racist - but I don't believe I have enough evidence to support any conclusion right now.

Given the outcry and the scrutiny his speech to this racist organization caused, I believe that if he had any other racist affiliations or episodes, they would have been uncovered and reported by now. Maybe more revelations are coming - maybe they are not. But I cannot conclude he is a racist based on this one speech alone.

My apologies to anyone I may have offended with my previous posts on the subject.

You can do exactly that and repeat yourself until you're blue in the face. It won't change the reality that a Republican using that language in any fashion today would be branded a racist.

Still stuck on Speculation Fallacy. :eusa_hand:

Come back when you grow up.

Still stuck on Speculation Fallacy. :eusa_hand:

Come back when you grow up.

Show it to be fallacious.

Forum List

Back