GOP Freshmen On Medicare Attacks: Let's Let Bygones Be Bygones

The Republicans...What they do?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVC2j_Kdw8c]YouTube - the o'jays-back stabbers[/ame]

Just as I predicted.

btw, part of this panic is the situation in the upcoming special election in NY 26, a Republican owned district that never goes Democrat and should have been a landslide for the Republican candidate...

...the race is even, and the race is virtually ALL about Medicare.

Karl "Pig Vomit" Rove's group just dumped $650,000 into that race. which shows they are worried.

And so the tables have turned. Thoughts, USMB?

The GOP has only itself to blame. They lied with regard to the Reform Bill and Medicare yet want political cover with regard to the truth concerning the disaster the Ryan Plan would be for seniors.

They’re a bunch of gutless cowards.
What did Obamacare do to Medicare? Right, cut its funding radically.

Whoa – classic right-wing aversion to the facts. Amazing.
who's voting to "dismantle medicare"..?

House Vote 277 - Passes Ryan Budget Bill - NYTimes.com

GOP Freshmen On Medicare Attacks: Let's Let Bygones Be Bygones | TPMDC

House Republican freshmen admit that their so-called "MediScare" attacks on Democrats helped them win a big majority in 2010. Democrats had voted for the health care law, which included $500 billion in "cuts" to Medicare -- primarily slashing overpayments to private insurers -- and Republican challengers never let them forget it.

Now, they say, it's time to let bygones be bygones.

Nearly a dozen House Republican freshmen held a press conference outside the Capitol Tuesday morning to "wipe the slate clean," and "hit the reset button."

"Yeah, I mean there's been -- again, this is a both-sides issue," said Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) when asked if GOP candidates and the NRCC had engaged in 'MediScare' tactics last year. "To say that one side is blameless in trying to use issues to win votes is just dishonest."

On Tuesday, Kinzinger and 41 of his colleagues sent a letter to President Obama, asking him to rein in Democratic attacks on GOP members who voted for the House budget, which includes a plan to privatize Medicare and cap spending on the program.

To preempt the press conference, the DCCC responded to the letter with a long list of NRCC and candidate attack ads and statements from the 2010 election -- all of them targeting Democrats for cutting Medicare, all on behalf of GOP candidates who are now hoping for a truce on Medicare attacks.

screw them

Dont let Dems do to Medicare what they did to the US housing market!

Oh this is a fun game. We get to reinvent history?

Let me try......

Don't let Repubs do to our middle class what they did to the Jews in WW2.

mrsbeasley.gif
mrsbeasley.gif
mrsbeasley.gif

Oh, can I try???

Don't let Republicans do to the poor what they have ALWAYS done to the poor.

Oh, wait . . .

Dont let Dems do to Medicare what they did to the US housing market!

Let me try......

Don't let the Democrats do to the country what my infant son did to his diaper this morning.
You have an infant? Somebody fucked you?????

I guess there really is someone out there for everybody. Scary.

GOP Freshmen On Medicare Attacks: Let's Let Bygones Be Bygones | TPMDC

House Republican freshmen admit that their so-called "MediScare" attacks on Democrats helped them win a big majority in 2010. Democrats had voted for the health care law, which included $500 billion in "cuts" to Medicare -- primarily slashing overpayments to private insurers -- and Republican challengers never let them forget it.

Now, they say, it's time to let bygones be bygones.

Nearly a dozen House Republican freshmen held a press conference outside the Capitol Tuesday morning to "wipe the slate clean," and "hit the reset button."

"Yeah, I mean there's been -- again, this is a both-sides issue," said Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) when asked if GOP candidates and the NRCC had engaged in 'MediScare' tactics last year. "To say that one side is blameless in trying to use issues to win votes is just dishonest."

On Tuesday, Kinzinger and 41 of his colleagues sent a letter to President Obama, asking him to rein in Democratic attacks on GOP members who voted for the House budget, which includes a plan to privatize Medicare and cap spending on the program.

To preempt the press conference, the DCCC responded to the letter with a long list of NRCC and candidate attack ads and statements from the 2010 election -- all of them targeting Democrats for cutting Medicare, all on behalf of GOP candidates who are now hoping for a truce on Medicare attacks.

It makes them look weak. It looks like they're groveling.

This was my conclusion as well. I don't think they were expecting the reaction they have been receiving in response to their plan.

Translation: My posts cannot survive first contact with reality.

Please: Name one entitlement the Dems have vowed to eliminate.

I take it you went from "cut" to "eliminate" because you recognized the utter idiocy of following up a sentence about how the Democrats will never cut entitlements with a jab about how they're cutting Medicare spending.

With your new framing, you've got me--only the Republicans have vowed to eliminate Medicare. And I hope you'll join me in ensuring that no one forgets that bold proposal.

so your defense of the dems not proposing one genuine cut is they cut Medicare?

It's amazining , isn't it?
The country is facing a huge budget deficit and record debt. The GOP recognizes reality by crafting programs that will change the face of the welfare state, allowing us to serve the most needy more efficiently and cheaper.
The Democrats' response is to wage class warfare, even though raising taxes on the wealthy will not solve the problem, and attack the GOP as being heartless. Even though the Dums' proposals will in fact cause far mroe pain among the neediest.
And the best part is the useful idiots on this board just don't get it. They repeat the same bumper sticker mantras off their parents' Mercury Montego.

Let me try......

Don't let the Democrats do to the country what my infant son did to his diaper this morning.
You have an infant? Somebody fucked you?????

I guess there really is someone out there for everybody. Scary.

The thought should give you hope. I am sorry but I am taken and you will have to look elsewhere for your sexual and emotional satisafaction. Try jello.

This was my conclusion as well. I don't think they were expecting the reaction they have been receiving in response to their plan.

I give them credit for their plan. We have to start talking about Medicare. Their plan might not be the right one but the Dems are being dishonest not offerring any solutions.

I give them credit for their plan. We have to start talking about Medicare. Their plan might not be the right one but the Dems are being dishonest not offerring any solutions.

The Dums have a solution: Class warfare!

Paul Ryan's plan to end Medicare was looney enough, but when he coupled it with defense spending increases and a huge tax cut for the wealthy he went off the deepest of the deep ends.

It's hard to believe someone that politically tone deaf could be in politics.

Paul Ryan's plan to end Medicare was looney enough, but when he coupled it with defense spending increases and a huge tax cut for the wealthy he went off the deepest of the deep ends.

It's hard to believe someone that politically tone deaf could be in politics.

Class Warfare!

If the Dems make Medicare and Paul Ryan's Medicare proposal a big enough issue, the tables will definitely be turned in 2012 with the Dems winning back control of the House. The vast majority of American voters can't think past tomorrow, so their votes are usually highly reactionary.

The Democrats of a perchant for letting this sort of stuff go..while Republicans will make non-issues (SEE: Citizenship) major talking points..and they won't let them go.

Medicare really really really will have an effect on people. In very real terms.

The Republicans lied at the midterms saying that Obama was reducing Medicare by 500 billion..totally leaving out that this came out of saving for cutting fraud and redundancy.

The Republicans said ObamaCare was putting up death panels..and the reality was that is exactly what Republicans want to..and are doing. Jan Brewer's policies killed 2 people. Really..they killed 2 young people.

And she's a conservative hero.

Forum List

Back