GOP forcing negotiations with Obama;short term deal on debt ceiling to be approved

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
This is good. They are going to force Obama to come to the table.

House Republicans remain committed to forcing negotiations with President Obama and Senate Democrats over a range of long-term fiscal issues, including the debt-ceiling and budget deficit.

But they also are beginning to accept that for such talks to take place, they must first approve a short-term debt limit increase.

On Wednesday, Republicans sounded prepared to do precisely that.

In interviews with numerous GOP lawmakers, members spoke with confidence – and acceptance – of the fact that the House will soon approve a short-term deal to raise the debt-ceiling and force Democrats to the negotiating table.

Details are still being ironed out, House Republicans said, but they are on track to approve a debt-limit extension -- lasting between four and six weeks -- that would establish a framework for subsequent fiscal negotiations. Lawmakers said this short-term deal, which President Obama has promised would compel him to join comprehensive talks over long-term fiscal issues, could pass as soon as Friday.

"We aren't going to solve the long-term challenges in a week," said Rep. Tom Price of Georgia. "So if there's a solution to this ... it's a negotiated agreement to have a short-term debt-limit extension that gives the time to be able to solve the long-term challenges."

House Republicans Expect to Approve Short-Term Debt Deal - NationalJournal.com

Last edited:
so they are caving...but yeah sure tiny they are forcing obama by short term goals....uh huh.

Wait...this sounds reasonable...Democrats won't accept that..

:lol:

It's a great move on Boehner's part. Just keep offering to come to the table and offering to negotiate with the President.

Meanwhile the petulant pathetic piece of shit now known as the Prick in Chief keeps coming off as President Stompy Foot.

I love it.

Ah, the adult in the room....

An hour later, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, scolded Obama for his remarks, saying the president must negotiate before they pass the bills.

Boehner said Congress and the White House had negotiated on government funding and the debt limit dozens of times over the years, resulting in “significant policy changes that would in fact reduce spending and put us on a saner fiscal path.”

“It’s time to have that conversation. Not next week, not next month. The conversation ought to start today,” Boehner said at the Capitol. “I’m hopeful, whether it’s the president or Democrat leaders here in the Congress, we can begin that conversation.”

WASHINGTON: Obama apologizes for shutdown ? but says it?s other guy?s fault | White House | McClatchy DC

It's a great move on Boehner's part. Just keep offering to come to the table and offering to negotiate with the President.

Meanwhile the petulant pathetic piece of shit now known as the Prick in Chief keeps coming off as President Stompy Foot.

I love it.

You are not so good at reading polls huh?

I am glad to see the TeaPs begin surrendering to reality.

This is good.

Boehner is lying. He admitted he had agreed to a "deal" but then pulled out to make the prez look bad to those (rw's, of course) who are ignorant about how our govt works.

1393496_653756387979563_398971417_n.jpg

The tee potty has been planning this for months.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/u...nths-in-the-planning.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

What gives the Rs their strength is the willful ignorance of the rw's. They don't want to know. The Rs could do damn near anything and the rw's heads would just bobble up and down.

boehner-golf-bobblehead.jpg

Edited to add - here's the link so you rw's can have your own bobble-head boehner.

http://boehnerbooze.wordpress.com/2008/11/20/john-boehner-bobblehead/

Drunk Boehner

During his previous stint as Majority Leader, Representative John Boehner’s (R-OH) outlined his three main goals for his first year in leadership which may best be summed up in his own words:

One is to keep the majority in the House. The second goal is to stay close to my colleagues, and the third goal is to be the same old jackass I’ve always been.

I love it.

Well....very descriptive post...true and funny..:clap2:

May I Rep You..?

I love it.

You are not so good at reading polls huh?

I'm excellent at reading polls. When you have poll after poll being conducted by various media outlets and the methodology shows that they are "adults" and not registered voters abeing surveyed, inevitably the results can be and are being skewered to show that R's are being blamed.

I always check methodology before I believe any poll.

Last edited:
This is good. They are going to force Obama to come to the table.

House Republicans remain committed to forcing negotiations with President Obama and Senate Democrats over a range of long-term fiscal issues, including the debt-ceiling and budget deficit.

But they also are beginning to accept that for such talks to take place, they must first approve a short-term debt limit increase.

On Wednesday, Republicans sounded prepared to do precisely that.

In interviews with numerous GOP lawmakers, members spoke with confidence – and acceptance – of the fact that the House will soon approve a short-term deal to raise the debt-ceiling and force Democrats to the negotiating table.

Details are still being ironed out, House Republicans said, but they are on track to approve a debt-limit extension -- lasting between four and six weeks -- that would establish a framework for subsequent fiscal negotiations. Lawmakers said this short-term deal, which President Obama has promised would compel him to join comprehensive talks over long-term fiscal issues, could pass as soon as Friday.

"We aren't going to solve the long-term challenges in a week," said Rep. Tom Price of Georgia. "So if there's a solution to this ... it's a negotiated agreement to have a short-term debt-limit extension that gives the time to be able to solve the long-term challenges."

House Republicans Expect to Approve Short-Term Debt Deal - NationalJournal.com

With all due respect Tiny, after Boehner gives in for the short term what does he have to stand on? Obama holds all of the cards. You give obama what he wants and he isn't going to negotiate anything. Boehner's a spineless idiot.

Boehner is lying. He admitted he had agreed to a "deal" but then pulled out to make the prez look bad to those (rw's, of course) who are ignorant about how our govt works.

1393496_653756387979563_398971417_n.jpg

The tee potty has been planning this for months.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/u...nths-in-the-planning.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

What gives the Rs their strength is the willful ignorance of the rw's. They don't want to know. The Rs could do damn near anything and the rw's heads would just bobble up and down.

boehner-golf-bobblehead.jpg

Edited to add - here's the link so you rw's can have your own bobble-head boehner.

John Boehner Bobblehead | John Boehner Booze Watch

Drunk Boehner

During his previous stint as Majority Leader, Representative John Boehner’s (R-OH) outlined his three main goals for his first year in leadership which may best be summed up in his own words:

One is to keep the majority in the House. The second goal is to stay close to my colleagues, and the third goal is to be the same old jackass I’ve always been.

You think the right wing cares that boehner's a lush or that right wing forces beyond republican politicians (Norquist, Kochs, Messe, Gingrich etc) manipulate and interfere in our politics? They will just answer Bill Ayers, Obama's a marxist, or he plays too much golf.

Bohner is absolutely destroying the Republican Party. He has either got to fish or cut bait.
He played the kick-the-can-down-the-road game before when the GOP was getting hammered over this and what did he gain? Everytime he draws a line in the sand he and the GOP get hammered. Delaying the fight only means a future ass kicking too.

If you believe in what you are fighting for, then stand your ground and bear the consequences. If you don't believe in it, then what are you dragging the GOP into the ground for?

He's trying to take off a band-aid one millimeter at a time.

Forum List

Back