GOP DROPS FILIBUSTER, Obama gets His budget with $1 trillion tax hike!

Bush's 2009 budget was passed in 2008

No it wasn't.

you're on it;)

Bush did NOT sign a budget for 2009.

That June 2008 house plan was just that and as to the senate, from Patty Murrays website-

Senate Passes FY 2009 Budget Resolution (June 4, 2008)
Washington, DC – The Senate today gave final approval to the fiscal year 2009 budget conference report. The five-year fiscal plan balances the budget; makes needed investments in energy, education, and infrastructure; and cuts taxes on the middle class. Importantly, the plan assumes no tax increase. It was adopted by the Senate on a bipartisan vote of 48-45. With an affirmative House vote expected Thursday, this will mark the first time Congress has adopted a budget during an election year since 2000.

Fiscal Year 2009 - Past Budget Resolutions - Senate Budget Committee

They knew that they had a very good shot at winning the election, so they let is sit there after. The only thing they would do is approve spending requests. Obama also included in HIS 2009 budget, 410 Bn Bush had refused to sign as a supplemental spending bill. ( oh and don't forget the Earmarks Obama had vowed to disallow):rolleyes:

its this friggin simple-

The United States federal budget for fiscal year 2009 began as a spending request submitted by President George W. Bush to the 110th Congress. The final resolution was approved by the House on June 5, 2008.[2] The final spending bills for the budget were not signed into law until March 11, 2009 by President Barack Obama, nearly five and a half months after the fiscal year began.

2009 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You just can't stop yourself from lying!!!!

FactCheck.org : Obama?s Spending: ?Inferno? or Not?

Obama increased fiscal 2009 spending by at most $203 billion

snip/

Fiscal 2009 began Oct. 1, 2008. That was before Obama was elected, and nearly four months before he took office on Jan. 20, 2009.

President Bush signed the massive spending bill under which the government was operating when Obama took office. That was Sept. 30, 2008. As The Associated Press noted, it combined “a record Pentagon budget with aid for automakers and natural disaster victims, and increased health care funding for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.”

Bush also signed, on Oct. 3, 2008, a bank bailout bill that authorized another $700 billion to avert a looming financial collapse (though not all of that would end up being spent in fiscal 2009, and Obama later signed a measure reducing total authorized bailout spending to $475 billion).

On Jan. 7, 2009 — two weeks before Obama took office — the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office issued its regular budget outlook, stating: “CBO projects that the deficit this year will total $1.2 trillion.”

CBO attributed the rapid rise in spending to the bank bailout and the federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac – plus rising costs for unemployment insurance and other factors driven by the collapsing economy (which shed 818,000 jobs in January alone).

Another factor beyond Obama’s control was an automatic 5.8 percent cost of living increase announced in October 2008 and given to Social Security beneficiaries in January 2009. It was the largest since 1982. Social Security spending alone rose $66 billion in fiscal 2009, and Medicare spending, driven by rising medical costs, rose $39 billion.

How Much Did Obama Add?

But it’s also true that Obama signed a number of appropriations bills, plus other legislation and executive orders, that raised spending for the remainder of fiscal 2009 even above the path set by Bush. By our calculations, Obama can be fairly assigned responsibility for a maximum of $203 billion in additional spending for that year.

It can be argued that the total should be lower. Economist Daniel J. Mitchell of the libertarian CATO Institute — who once served on the Republican staff of the Senate Finance Committee — has put the figure at $140 billion.

you cannot read Ed, and I cannot help you with that, you are conflating specific spending requests which I mentioned in my post and THE annual spending request- Budget. I even gave you the link for the 2009 budget .....Of course if you can link to Bush signing the 2009 budget please do, that would settle it, if I am wrong, I am wrong, *shrugs*.

I have googled myself, all I can find his signing spending requests- CR's, as congress presented only 3 of Fiscal year 2009's 12 appropriations bills for Bush to sign before 1 October 2008, Defense, Homeland Security, and Military Construction and Veterans Affairs.

He signed a CR on sept 30 2008.....it expired on 6 March 2009.

as far as the rest of your post above, I have not engaged in a discussion as to who spent what, or who is responsible for what $$$ etc., you are. S

Side track all you want, I googled links for 07 08...find a link for the annual 2009 budget and your point will have been proved-

Bush signs budget bill, takes one more dig at Congress - POLITICO Live - POLITICO.com

or-

Bush signs 2006 budget reconciliation bill into law - McKnight's Long Term Care News

annnnnd-

The United States federal budget for fiscal year 2009 began as a spending request submitted by President George W. Bush to the 110th Congress. The final resolution was approved by the House on June 5, 2008.[2] The final spending bills for the budget were not signed into law until March 11, 2009 by President Barack Obama, nearly five and a half months after the fiscal year began.

"Senate Passes FY 2009 Budget Resolution (June 4, 2008)
Washington, DC – The Senate today gave final approval to the fiscal year 2009 budget conference report. The five-year fiscal plan balances the budget; makes needed investments in energy, education, and infrastructure; and cuts taxes on the middle class. Importantly, the plan assumes no tax increase. It was adopted by the Senate on a bipartisan vote of 48-45. With an affirmative House vote expected Thursday, this will mark the first time Congress has adopted a budget during an election year since 2000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama signed the budget 45 days after taking office - just before he found out where the men's room is in the White House!

:)

jdpqihdoic bsot kwpol sqpm2che:rolleyes:

you're on it;)

That June 2008 house plan was just that and as to the senate, from Patty Murrays website-

Washington, DC – The Senate today gave final approval to the fiscal year 2009 budget conference report. The five-year fiscal plan balances the budget; makes needed investments in energy, education, and infrastructure; and cuts taxes on the middle class. Importantly, the plan assumes no tax increase. It was adopted by the Senate on a bipartisan vote of 48-45. With an affirmative House vote expected Thursday, this will mark the first time Congress has adopted a budget during an election year since 2000.

They knew that they had a very good shot at winning the election, so they let is sit there after. The only thing they would do is approve spending requests. Obama also included in HIS 2009 budget, 410 Bn Bush had refused to sign as a supplemental spending bill. ( oh and don't forget the Earmarks Obama had vowed to disallow):rolleyes:

its this friggin simple-

snip/

Fiscal 2009 began Oct. 1, 2008. That was before Obama was elected, and nearly four months before he took office on Jan. 20, 2009.

President Bush signed the massive spending bill under which the government was operating when Obama took office. That was Sept. 30, 2008. As The Associated Press noted, it combined “a record Pentagon budget with aid for automakers and natural disaster victims, and increased health care funding for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.”

Bush also signed, on Oct. 3, 2008, a bank bailout bill that authorized another $700 billion to avert a looming financial collapse (though not all of that would end up being spent in fiscal 2009, and Obama later signed a measure reducing total authorized bailout spending to $475 billion).

On Jan. 7, 2009 — two weeks before Obama took office — the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office issued its regular budget outlook, stating: “CBO projects that the deficit this year will total $1.2 trillion.”

CBO attributed the rapid rise in spending to the bank bailout and the federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac – plus rising costs for unemployment insurance and other factors driven by the collapsing economy (which shed 818,000 jobs in January alone).

Another factor beyond Obama’s control was an automatic 5.8 percent cost of living increase announced in October 2008 and given to Social Security beneficiaries in January 2009. It was the largest since 1982. Social Security spending alone rose $66 billion in fiscal 2009, and Medicare spending, driven by rising medical costs, rose $39 billion.

How Much Did Obama Add?

But it’s also true that Obama signed a number of appropriations bills, plus other legislation and executive orders, that raised spending for the remainder of fiscal 2009 even above the path set by Bush. By our calculations, Obama can be fairly assigned responsibility for a maximum of $203 billion in additional spending for that year.

It can be argued that the total should be lower. Economist Daniel J. Mitchell of the libertarian CATO Institute — who once served on the Republican staff of the Senate Finance Committee — has put the figure at $140 billion.

you cannot read Ed, and I cannot help you with that, you are conflating specific spending requests which I mentioned in my post and THE annual spending request- Budget. I even gave you the link for the 2009 budget .....Of course if you can link to Bush signing the 2009 budget please do, that would settle it, if I am wrong, I am wrong, *shrugs*.

I have googled myself, all I can find his signing spending requests- CR's, as congress presented only 3 of Fiscal year 2009's 12 appropriations bills for Bush to sign before 1 October 2008, Defense, Homeland Security, and Military Construction and Veterans Affairs.

He signed a CR for the rest on sept 30 2008.....it expired on 6 March 2009.

as far as the rest of your post above, I have not engaged in a discussion as to who spent what, or who is responsible for what $$$ etc., you are. S

Side track all you want, I googled links for 07 08...find a link for the annual 2009 budget and your point will have been proved-

Bush signs budget bill, takes one more dig at Congress - POLITICO Live - POLITICO.com

or-

Bush signs 2006 budget reconciliation bill into law - McKnight's Long Term Care News

annnnnd-

You're right. UPI reported that Obama signed the 2009 Budget into law on March 11, 2009.

snip/

How Much Did Obama Add?

He signed a CR for the rest on sept 30 2008.....it expired on 6 March 2009.

or-

annnnnd-

You're right. UPI reported that Obama signed the 2009 Budget into law on March 11, 2009.

I love this one too-

Bush to Ask for TARP; Obama to 'Rebrand' It

President-elect Barack Obama asked President Bush today to request the release of the second $350 billion in federal bailout funds so he would have "ammunition" if the country's fragile economy weakened further.

The White House said that Bush has agreed to request the money.

snip-

"I have talked to the president-elect about this subject," Bush said at his farewell news conference today.

"I told him if he needed the $350 billion on my watch, I'd be willing to ask for it.. if he felt like it needed to happen on my watch," Bush said.

A short time later, Obama asked Bush to make the request official.

"This morning, President-elect Obama asked President Bush to formally notify Congress, on his behalf, of his intent to exercise the authority... to access the last tranche of $350 billion in funding for Treasury programs addressing the financial crisis," White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said. "President Bush agreed to the President-elect's request."

Bush to Ask for TARP; Obama to 'Rebrand' It - ABC News

exit question- who's spending was that? :rolleyes:

I really don't care a this point, it was 2 crazy years, 08 and 09, I can pretty much forgive bush and obama for spending what they felt they had to, to keep us from sliding even further down, what I cannot forgive is;

a) bush running up his debt to start with and b) obama doing same after after 2009, having seen by late 2010 a over a year after the recession ended, just throwing money at anything and everything and continuing to do it......

I don't know why you guys let this dude get to you. He's trolling, and poorly at that.

Seems all liberals are trolls to you rightie extremists, eh?

LOL!!!

:)

You pretending to be a liberal is not why they are calling you a troll. Your trolling behavior is why you're being branded a troll. You were trolling on PE2K and you're trolling here. I can't believe you tried the "all liberals are trolls" gambit!

:cuckoo:

you're on it;)

its this friggin simple-

snip/

How Much Did Obama Add?

It's bad enough that you are a pathological liar, habitually using the half-truth to tell a whole lie, but you have to punctuate your lies with your condescension. You are the least knowledgeable know-it-all there is which is why you are so easily deceived by your Right wing sources.

Bush signed his FULL YEAR FY 2009 budget on Sept 30, 2008. Only Division A expired March 6, 2009 or before, the rest of the budget was for the whole fiscal year. Division A was just a tint bit of the $630 billion CR. Division B provides $22.9 billion in emergency supplemental appropriations for relief and recovery from hurricanes, floods, and other natural disasters. Division C provides $487.7 billion in FY09 funding for the Department of Defense. Division D provides $40 billion in FY09 funding for the Department of Homeland Security. Division E provides $72.9 billion in FY09 funding for Military Construction and Veterans Affairs. Add them up :asshole: Only $6.5 billion expired by March 6, 2009!!!!

Bush signs sprawling spending bill - USATODAY.com

Posted 9/30/2008 8:41 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Bush on Tuesday signed a sprawling, stopgap spending bill to keep the government running for the next 12 months.
The president's move, which came on the last day of the government's budget year, was expected even though the measure spends more money and contains more pet projects than he would have liked. The legislation is one of the few bills this election year that simply had to pass.

The $630 billion-plus spending bill wraps together a record Pentagon budget with aid for automakers and natural disaster victims, and increased health care funding for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Last edited:

snip/

How Much Did Obama Add?

It's bad enough that you are a pathological liar, habitually using the half-truth to tell a whole lie, but you have to punctuate your lies with your condescension. You are the least knowledgeable know-it-all there is which is why you are so easily deceived by your Right wing sources.

Bush signed his FULL YEAR FY 2009 budget on Sept 30, 2008. Only Division A expired March 6, 2009 or before, the rest of the budget was for the whole fiscal year. Division A was just a tint bit of the $630 billion CR. Division B provides $22.9 billion in emergency supplemental appropriations for relief and recovery from hurricanes, floods, and other natural disasters. Division C provides $487.7 billion in FY09 funding for the Department of Defense. Division D provides $40 billion in FY09 funding for the Department of Homeland Security. Division E provides $72.9 billion in FY09 funding for Military Construction and Veterans Affairs. Add them up :asshole: Only $6.5 billion expired by March 6, 2009!!!!

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Bush on Tuesday signed a sprawling, stopgap spending bill to keep the government running for the next 12 months.
The president's move, which came on the last day of the government's budget year, was expected even though the measure spends more money and contains more pet projects than he would have liked. The legislation is one of the few bills this election year that simply had to pass.

The $630 billion-plus spending bill wraps together a record Pentagon budget with aid for automakers and natural disaster victims, and increased health care funding for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

the STOPGAP Bill was the Continuing Resolution Ed.

In between negotiations on the $700 billion financial intervention legislation, on Saturday, September 27, the Senate by a vote of 78 to 12 passed a Continuing Resolution (H.R. 2638) funding most of the federal government at FY08 baseline levels through March 6, 2009. Passage of the Continuing Resolution ensures that the International Affairs Budget will be funded at the present FY08 base level of $34.3 billion through the first part of 2009, until a new Administration and Congress takes office in January to complete the remaining FY09 Appropriations bills.

Senate Passes Continuing Resolution | U.S. Global Leadership Coalition

He did not sign the June budget that passed congress. You're trying to shoehorn the CR and Obamas March Spending Requests into Bush signing 2009 Budget ? :eusa_hand:

anyway, time to 'drop the big one', accusing me of lying and questioning my sources ( rw? Politico? :lol: wiki? is right wing?

from the holy of the holies- The New York Times....., does this suit you for a source Ed?

House Passes Stopgap Spending Bill, Delaying Major Decisions

Published: September 24, 2008

WASHINGTON — Unwilling to risk one last fiscal standoff with President Bush, the House on Wednesday passed a stopgap spending measure that pushes critical spending and energy decisions off until 2009 and into the hands of the next president.

The legislation, which would keep the federal government operating through March 6, represents a gamble by Democrats that they can get a better deal on domestic spending and other initiatives from the next occupant of the White House.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/25/w...p=1&adxnnlx=1222344065-dgp9DvOp4apl0cJFqic5wg

followed by, on March 2009-

Obama signs massive, 'imperfect' spending bill

snip-

The 1,132-page bill has an extraordinary reach, wrapping together nine spending bills to fund the annual operating budgets of every Cabinet department except Defense, Homeland Security and Veterans Affairs.

Most of the government has been running on a stopgap funding bill set to expire at midnight Wednesday.

Obama signs massive, 'imperfect' spending bill - politics - White House | NBC News

Yes lets talk about pathological, your neurosis is bordering on psychotic. To escape one mistake, you have (twice) tried to change the subject, so to recap-

-A) you don't ( didn't ) know anything enough about the budget prcoess, e.i. Reconciliation which lead to the non existent filibuster/cloture outrage.

- B) insist that bush signed a 2009 Budget.

( as to B- I think this is so you can follow up with this to cloak the fact you were n ot correct as to point A. Oh and that Ungar article were in it blames Bush for basically all of 2009 debt., fits perfectly,so you can also assign all of that debt to bush and tell yourself that bush signed the Budget for 2009 as proof of such. *shrugs*

I am trying to be nice here Ed:).....shit happens.....lets just leave this alone now, seriously.

In between negotiations on the $700 billion financial intervention legislation, on Saturday, September 27, the Senate by a vote of 78 to 12 passed a Continuing Resolution (H.R. 2638) funding most of the federal government at FY08 baseline levels through March 6, 2009. Passage of the Continuing Resolution ensures that the International Affairs Budget will be funded at the present FY08 base level of $34.3 billion through the first part of 2009, until a new Administration and Congress takes office in January to complete the remaining FY09 Appropriations bills.

He did not sign the June budget that passed congress. You're trying to shoehorn the CR and Obamas March Spending Requests into Bush signing 2009 Budget ? :eusa_hand:

anyway, time to 'drop the big one', accusing me of lying and questioning my sources ( rw? Politico? :lol: wiki? is right wing?

from the holy of the holies- The New York Times....., does this suit you for a source Ed?

WASHINGTON — Unwilling to risk one last fiscal standoff with President Bush, the House on Wednesday passed a stopgap spending measure that pushes critical spending and energy decisions off until 2009 and into the hands of the next president.

The legislation, which would keep the federal government operating through March 6, represents a gamble by Democrats that they can get a better deal on domestic spending and other initiatives from the next occupant of the White House.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/25/w...p=1&adxnnlx=1222344065-dgp9DvOp4apl0cJFqic5wg

snip-

The 1,132-page bill has an extraordinary reach, wrapping together nine spending bills to fund the annual operating budgets of every Cabinet department except Defense, Homeland Security and Veterans Affairs.

Most of the government has been running on a stopgap funding bill set to expire at midnight Wednesday.

Obama signs massive, 'imperfect' spending bill - politics - White House | NBC News

Yes lets talk about pathological, your neurosis is bordering on psychotic. To escape one mistake, you have (twice) tried to change the subject, so to recap-

-A) you don't ( didn't ) know anything enough about the budget prcoess, e.i. Reconciliation which lead to the non existent filibuster/cloture outrage.

( as to B- I think this is so you can follow up with this to cloak the fact you were n ot correct as to point A. Oh and that Ungar article were in it blames Bush for basically all of 2009 debt., fits perfectly,so you can also assign all of that debt to bush and tell yourself that bush signed the Budget for 2009 as proof of such. *shrugs*

I am trying to be nice here Ed:).....shit happens.....lets just leave this alone now, seriously.
Apparently your calendar runs backwards. What your story claims on Sept 24, 2008 and what was actually signed by Bush on Sept 30, 2008 are obviously two different things. The fact remains only 6.5 billion of the CR Bush signed on Sept 30, 2008 expired by March 6, 2009. You falsely claimed the entire CR expired March 6, 2009 and therefore all of Bush's spending ended March 6, 2009, it didn't and your own quote admits it. Bush also signed a $700 billion bank bail out on Oct 3, 2008. As was pointed out earlier, a maximum of $203 billion of the FY 2009 spending can be attributed to Obama.

snip-

Apparently your calendar runs backwards. What your story claims on Sept 24, 2008 and what was actually signed by Bush on Sept 30, 2008 are obviously two different things. The fact remains only 6.5 billion of the CR Bush signed on Sept 30, 2008 expired by March 6, 2009. You falsely claimed the entire CR expired March 6, 2009 and therefore all of Bush's spending ended March 6, 2009, it didn't and your own quote admits it. Bush also signed a $700 billion bank bail out on Oct 3, 2008. As was pointed out earlier, a maximum of $203 billion of the FY 2009 spending can be attributed to Obama.

Point of order- he didn't sign a 2009 Budget and you are dead wrong on the budget prcoess......that was the discussion we were having.

I never said all of his spending ended march 6, I said the CR expired as the NY Fucking TIMES states as well, if he had signed the 2009 Budget there would be no CR to expire and requirement for Obama to sign his spending bill.

Your blabbering on about on about what can or not be attributed to who is you're own game....I don't care because it is not germane.

I tried to be nice and let you off at the end...but man, your making a class A fool of yourself....forget pugnacious, you're just wracked with feeling of inadequacy.(?)

what? you get impotent, develop head ticks, bouts of flatulence if you even appear wrong so you're gonna fight till you convince yourself you're right? cause thats all there is...

I mean, you do know that this is just a internet message board right?

If you are so insecure that you cannot even walk away ( lot alone saying oops I was wrong) fro/on a thread here, you must be one humongous fucking mess in real life.:doubt:

snip-

Point of order- he didn't sign a 2009 Budget and you are dead wrong on the budget prcoess......that was the discussion we were having.

I never said all of his spending ended march 6, I said the CR expired as the NY Fucking TIMES states as well, if he had signed the 2009 Budget there would be no CR to expire and requirement for Obama to sign his spending bill.

Your blabbering on about on about what can or not be attributed to who is you're own game....I don't care because it is not germane.

I tried to be nice and let you off at the end...but man, your making a class A fool of yourself....forget pugnacious, you're just wracked with feeling of inadequacy.(?)

what? you get impotent, develop head ticks, bouts of flatulence if you even appear wrong so you're gonna fight till you convince yourself you're right? cause thats all there is...

If you are so insecure that you cannot even walk away ( lot alone saying oops I was wrong) fro/on a thread here, you must be one humongous fucking mess in real life.:doubt:
Point of order.
When Obama signs a FY 2009 CR you say it is Obama's 2009 BUDGET, but when Bush signs a FY 2009 CR you say it is NOT Bush's 2009 budget.

Obama also included in HIS 2009 budget

If a CR is a budget for Obama then a CR is a budget for Bush.

Point of order.
When Obama signs a FY 2009 CR you say it is Obama's 2009 BUDGET, but when Bush signs a FY 2009 CR you say it is NOT Bush's 2009 budget.

Obama also included in HIS 2009 budget

If a CR is a budget for Obama then a CR is a budget for Bush.

Fine, I agree that was sloppy and the press has its issues to with not using exact language which muddies the waters, but thats not an excuse, so yes, you're right, Obama signed a spending bill.

I never made any such claim as to a formal Budget which would be contradictory to my point, since a formal budget fulfilled according to the Budget process to fund a FY starting oct. 1 would be impossible minus a time machine and, he wasn't even in office.

I will also agree that the whole budget process is one big black hole. And I will also add- to foster a sense of comity between us , that I don't really hold your claims of the invocation of cloture re: the Budget process- Reconciliation process as being purposefully obtuse or hostile, its a mess. Until I read the CRS explanations on Reconciliation and why the Recon. directive was so important, I know its easy to get sent to a blind alley.

They have both made this a confusing circuitous mess trying to outsmart each other and they have turned it all into a circus.

Forum List

Back