GOP Don't Get Cocky - Remember Bush 1

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
It didn't help that Perot jumped in and screwed Bush over.

I didn't like Bush. He was weak.

But he has strong approval ratings 1 year prior to the election. He could have withstood Perot had he been a better POTUS.

The economy started to unravel in that last year and Perot and Clinton creamed him on it. He didn't have answer.

Things are good now...but they will eventually turn....they always do.

We need to stay strong and work hard.

I agree that this November's election will be Armageddon for both parties. There is RBG, Breyer, and probably Thomas retiring from the USSC in the coming 5-years. The Fed looks to be holding rates steady for the foreseeable future. The new trade deals should help the US economy. Trump also signaled that he is looking at imposing tariffs on foreign imported cars. As long as the rest of the world cooperates and keeps the US out of war, Trump should win in a landslide.

But he has strong approval ratings 1 year prior to the election. He could have withstood Perot had he been a better POTUS.

The economy started to unravel in that last year and Perot and Clinton creamed him on it. He didn't have answer.

There's no proof Perot screwed Bush over.

There's no proof Perot screwed Bush over.

Perot was never a serious candidate. He was only in the race to screw Boooosh, Father of NAFTA. Glad he did it to.

Forum List

Back