GOP Document Dump Exposes Libyans Working With U.S.

Desperate to regain ground on the Benghazi talking point after Obama smacked Romney down during their second debate, House Oversight Committee Chairman Joe McCarthy -- err, I mean Darrell Issa, posted pages of documents related to the attack without redacting sensitive information, such as the names of Libyans working with the US.

:clap2: Good job, Issa. All in the name of justice, right?

Benghazi Consulate Attack: Darrell Issa Releases Raw Libya Cables, Obama Administration Cries Foul

House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R- Calif.) has come under fire after posting 166 pages of "sensitive but unclassified" State Department cables online Friday afternoon.

The documents relate to the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, which killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and four others. Administration officials, speaking with Foreign Policy magazine, accused Issa of endangering the safety of Libyans working with the U.S. government, whose names were not redacted from the report:

I'm sure you were just as upset when the New York Times released sensitive info, that endangered Americans, during the Bush administration.

Deflection noted.

I'm sure you were just as upset when the New York Times released sensitive info, that endangered Americans, during the Bush administration.

Link? Was it given to them by a Congressman?

The sensitive info published during the Bush administration was okay with you, if it wasn't leaked by a Congressman? Why does that make it better?

Well, it doesn't make it better, but your deflection also doesn't make Issa look any better.

Desperate to regain ground on the Benghazi talking point after Obama smacked Romney down during their second debate, House Oversight Committee Chairman Joe McCarthy -- err, I mean Darrell Issa, posted pages of documents related to the attack without redacting sensitive information, such as the names of Libyans working with the US.

:clap2: Good job, Issa. All in the name of justice, right?

Deflection noted.

Yeah, I didn't think those earlier releases got you upset.

How is this act defended by pointing out other, similar acts?

Last edited:
Four people died including the Ambassador and two Veteran Navy Seals. The secretary of state took responsibility for the failure of security and later on so did the the president. What does the word "responsibility" mean in a political context? Not much? Now the left jumps on a republican as a dodge. No surprises here.

Actually, Issa is showing us that Obama is a crook and a dumb ass.

By releasing sensitive information on the internet?

you're being selective, they were not classified.

I however would have to be safe redacted their names, but I am curious, did you complain when the obama admin did same?

Jose is an abject partisan, he will never tell the truth about anything detrimental to his dear leader.

Actually, Issa is showing us that Obama is a crook and a dumb ass.

By releasing sensitive information on the internet?

Yes.

I-am-not-a-crook-56372172223.jpeg

imagesCACM6JOW-1.jpg

Forum List

Back