GOP Congressman under investigation for insider trading

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
Rep. Spencer Bachus, chair of the House Financial Services Committee, is being investigated by the Office of Congressional Ethics over possible violations of insider-trading laws, the Washington Post reported.

The Office of Congressional Ethics, an independent investigative agency, is looking into suspicious trades found on Bachus’s annual financial disclosure forms, individuals familiar with the case told the Post. Investigators told Bachus that they have probable cause to believe violations occurred.

Bachus, the Republican representative for Alabama and chairman of the House Financial Services Committee since 2010, said he expects his name to be fully cleared by the investigation, according to ABC News.

“I welcome the opportunity to set the record straight. I respect the congressional ethics process,” Bachus wrote in a statement on Friday, ABC reported. “I have fully abided by the rules governing Members of Congress and look forward to the full exoneration this process will provide.”

Rep. Spencer Bachus under investigation for insider trading | GlobalPost

You know a politician is in deep shit when he says, "I welcome the opportunity to set the record straight."

:lol:

Forum List

Back