GOP Broden: Violent Revolution Is "On the Table"

In the spirit of the thoughts of Jeffereson, though, a revolution every couple of decades was pretty much what he was endorsing.

Later in his life, after witnessing the horrors of the French Revolution, Jefferson retracted and denounced his earlier words on this subject. But righties aren't into actual history. To listen to them, you'd think there was never a federalist/anti-federalist schism right from the beginnings of our nation.

Washington was always at odds with Jefferson and Madison.

Anybody who imagines that we're going to have a nice revolution that will end with a less intrusive government is kinda nuts, as far as I can tell.

Its not 1776, the government is not 3000 miles (six weeks by boat away) and the nation is NOT even remotely of the same mind about how a revolution should go or where it should take us either.

If we're close to anything it's a civil war, not a revolution.

And for the life of me I cannot imagine how the sides will form up given that the differences of opinion are spead throughout the nation, itself.

But we COULD have a bloodless revolution (of sorts.)

By convincing enough state legislatures that it is TIME for a CONSTITUIONAL CONVENTION.

And if the Feds continue to boldly impose their will on the oppossing will of the people in enough states (think the AZ immigration laws and the Marijuana laws) then perhaps the Fed will so lose support that such a thing is possible.

Probably not in my lifetime, though.

Your points are fair. Tom Chittum predicts civil war that basically goes along racial/ethnic lines:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-Two-Breakup-America/dp/0929408179]Amazon.com: Civil War Two: The Coming Breakup of America (9780929408170): Thomas W. Chittum: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

If anything's going to break up America, it will be the awesome power of race. The splits in America are NOT about conservative/liberal, Republican/Democrat, red/blue.

They are about race.

The reason the temperature has gone up so high since 2000 is

1) whites becoming minority
2) 9/11, Muslims attacking
3) black president
4) economy in the shitter

Not sure when/how violence will happen, but Chittum has an idea. Problem is the "elites" and the men with guns -- i.e., cops and the military -- are not on the same page. The cops and military are more conservative whites, and the elites are liberals, Jews, a few minorities, etc. So Chittum predicts they will NOT OBEY their orders. I bet some do, just to get the money. Chittum also says blacks, Hispanics, etc. will commandeer military equipment -- maybe. I would say that if real race war hits, you'll want to be white. You have millions of white males who've been getting fired from their jobs so Chinese can work, fired for being politically incorrect, shit on by kikes like Jon Stewart all day long, and they have guns galore. They are just WAITING for shit to blow.

Problem is, too many white guys sit around posting on Stormfront and fantasizing about this, but not enough have the spine to get out there and even SPEAK OUT about what's happening to whites. I know, I know -- if they do, they're fired. Well, guess what. A cauldron is boiling and the lid is screwed on tight. But it can't hold forever.

My thing is, whites need to wake the hell up and realize that the whole "conservative v. liberal" thing is not really the real deal. Conservative is at least better, but they don't hate you because you're Christian or want low taxes. They hate you because you are WHITE and you need to realize that they WILL NOT STOP until you are GONE.

Last edited:
Washington was always at odds with Jefferson and Madison.

And Madison sorta completely had a different worldview from Jefferson. But to listen to the righties, there's one overriding "will of the founders" that we can look to in religious fashion and answer all the questions that need to be answered in the modern world. It's a load of bunk and the founders, Jefferson in particular, warned us about doing this.

I would love to see some rightie try to square these words from Jefferson, carved in his memorial no less, with their so-called "strict constructionist" worldview...

I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.

Jeebus, we have an honest to goodness white supremacist here! Damn, what a treat!

Tell me William, how do you define "the white man"?

It should be and always has been on the table. The only way to take it off the table would be for our Government to seize all Americans' Guns. Obviously many in this country have been trying to do that for many years but have been unsuccessful. As long as the Citizens have their guns,violent revolution will always be on the table. And that's the way it should be. That's America.

Last edited:
Why obey a government that doesn't obey the Constutution?

Clearly..it didn't under Bush. I can point that out.

Clearly..it does under Obama..and I can point that out.

Feel free to do the same. I love arguing the United States Constitution.

It 'clearly' did not under Bush. That's fact.

It 'clearly' does not under Obama. That's fact.

I wish you actually understood the Constitution. Or even what the word 'treason' is defined as... because what you're screaming 'treason' about is NOT treason. However, Barbara Boxer and Code Pink.... THAT is treasonable.... ie providing aid to the enemy in time of war.

I wish you actually understood the Constitution.

I'm certified to teach the Constitution and I have on numerous occasion. Please feel free to name one instance when the Obama administration has acted outside the boundaries of the Constitution.

I won't hold my breath.

It should be and always has been on the table.

That is TREASON. You my friend are a criminal. As someone who took the oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies both foriegn and domestic, let me assure you that if you ever attempt such a thing, I will see you shot. Take up your pop-gun my friend and attempt your twisted vision. You are no match for the armed forces of the United States who perform their constitutional duties.

I dare you.

"Violent Revolution" should always be on the table. I prefer peaceful revolutions myself but violent revolution should never be taken off the table. Unless our Government confiscates all Americans' Guns,there will always be a possiblity of violent revolution. And that's the way it should be in my opinion. It's a Check & Balance that all Americans should cherish. Our Founding Fathers guaranteed us this Check & Balance. Government is not always the 'Good Guy.' People should always remember that.

Yeah, what you can't get at the ballot box you threaten to get at the point of a gun. I'm not impressed and I'm not afraid. Take up your pop-gun. I dare you. Do it today. Please do it. I want to participate in smashing your treasonous actions. I want to see you get what you deserve.

Do it.

I seriously doubt that the military would go against its own citizenry if the leaders of this country resorted to violence against its citizens.

You're in la-la land. The military will perform it's constitutional duties and put down any domestic attempt at violent overthrow of the constitutionally elected government. Any insurrection would go down in bloody ruin, very quickly.

Why obey a government that doesn't obey the Constutution?

Clearly..it didn't under Bush. I can point that out.

Clearly..it does under Obama..and I can point that out.

Feel free to do the same. I love arguing the United States Constitution.

It 'clearly' did not under Bush. That's fact.

It 'clearly' does not under Obama. That's fact.

I wish you actually understood the Constitution. Or even what the word 'treason' is defined as... because what you're screaming 'treason' about is NOT treason. However, Barbara Boxer and Code Pink.... THAT is treasonable.... ie providing aid to the enemy in time of war.

Battin a thousand..

But I digress..

Lt. Aldo Raine: You probably heard we ain’t in the prisoner-takin’ business; we in the killin’ Nazi business. And cousin, Business is a-boomin’.
-Inglorious Basterds'

The threat of Violent Revolution is an invaluable Check & Balance which our Founding Fathers meant to guarantee. The only way the Government can remove this Check & Balance is to confiscate all Americans' guns. Our Founding Fathers understood this. Peaceful Revolution is preferred but the threat of Violent Revolution must always be on the table. It really is the ultimate Check & Balance on our Government. Some people really are pretty delusional in thinking that our Government is always the 'Good Guy.' Well they aren't. Seriously,it's true.

The government that does not follow the Constitution certifies people to teach the Constitution?

What a concept.

So tell us, what remedies did the founders prescribe for tyranny?

Point out the exact clause in the United States Constitution that allows for a violent uprising of citizens against the federal government. Or state government. Or local government.

Feel free. Please.

I seriously doubt that the military would go against its own citizenry if the leaders of this country resorted to violence against its citizens.

You're in la-la land. The military will perform it's constitutional duties and put down any domestic attempt at violent overthrow of the constitutionally elected government. Any insurrection would go down in bloody ruin, very quickly.

And that..is exactly..what the United States Constitution provides for..

The suppression of violent domestic insurrection.

Of course that's what the Constitution provides for. At the very beginning, under the articles of Confederation, there was a thing called Shays' Rebellion. It was of course put down but that incident lead to the Constitutional Convention and, of course, a STRONGER federal government.

These jackasses know nothing of actual history though.

In fact if you look closely at many of our current President's good buddies,you will quickly see that many of them fully advocated violent revolution back in the day. William Ayers is just one but there are many others. Our Founding Fathers never meant to take violent revolution completely off the table. That's why you are allowed to keep your guns in this country. If you disarm the People,there can be no chance of violent revolution. Our Founding Fathers knew this and that's why you still have your guns. Many have tried to disarm Americans for many years but so far have failed. And that's a good thing. An armed citizenry is the ultimate Check & Balance on our Government.

Forum List

Back