GOP Broden: Violent Revolution Is "On the Table"

he is still a republican candidate for Congress.

Red meat, well done.

Blackened, as it were...

Or is it politically INcorrect to use that cooking term, these days?

LowProfile.gif

Rachel and Keith are not going to pile on a black guy.

That's your bellweather in a situation like this.

Beck, who had Broden on his show numerous times, is distancing himself.

GOP Candidate Stephen Broden: Violent Revolution Is 'On The Table'

A Tea Party-backed congressional candidate in Texas is doing Sharron Angle's suggestive talk of "Second Amendment remedies" one better: he says violent overthrow of the government is "on the table."

"Our nation was founded on violence," Stephen Broden, a pastor running against Democratic Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson in Texas's 30th Congressional District, said in a recent interview with Dallas's WFAA-TV. "The option is on the table. I don't think that we should ever remove anything from the table as it relates to our liberties and our freedoms."
<more>

This..is really what treason is...
And in a very real and Constitutional sense.

You mean like telling terrorists what secret CIA interrogation techniques are used.....during time of war?

The CIA is in the Constitution, where? Secret funding..or spending of Tax Payer money which is not subject to public audit is permitted by what clause of the Constitution? I can't find it..perhaps you can take a crack at it. Actually..my take is that it's Unconstitutional.
Section 9 - Limits on Congress

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.

Torture..however..is Unconstitutional. And it's very very clear.

Amendment 8 - Cruel and Unusual Punishment. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

he is still a republican candidate for Congress.

Red meat, well done.

Blackened, as it were...

Or is it politically INcorrect to use that cooking term, these days?

LowProfile.gif

Rachel and Keith are not going to pile on a black guy.

That's your bellweather in a situation like this.

Olbermann hammered the bejesus out of this guy last night, so you are, as usual, comically full of shit.

If it really was a black guy who said this, why is it even news?

I'm not buying. The guy has to be half-white at least, or this would never have taken legs.

A Tea Party-backed congressional candidate in Texas is doing Sharron Angle's suggestive talk of "Second Amendment remedies" one better: he says violent overthrow of the government is "on the table."

"Our nation was founded on violence," Stephen Broden, a pastor running against Democratic Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson in Texas's 30th Congressional District, said in a recent interview with Dallas's WFAA-TV. "The option is on the table. I don't think that we should ever remove anything from the table as it relates to our liberties and our freedoms."
<more>

This..is really what treason is..

In a legal sense you are right. In the spirit of the thoughts of Jeffereson, though, a revolution every couple of decades was pretty much what he was endorsing.

In any case, if the revolution fails, it's treason. If it succeeds, it's the overthrow of the unjust.

History is written by the victors.

In a very real Constitutional sense, if it succeeds, given the strength and organization of the Military, the Guard and the Reserve, this would represent a vast majority of the populace. An uprising that succeeds under this particular consideration would be one against a ruling authority so out of touch with the will of the people that it would collapse at the first show of force.

Think Bastille Day. Who wants cake?

The aftermath was pretty messy..

In a legal sense you are right. In the spirit of the thoughts of Jeffereson, though, a revolution every couple of decades was pretty much what he was endorsing.

In any case, if the revolution fails, it's treason. If it succeeds, it's the overthrow of the unjust.

History is written by the victors.

In a very real Constitutional sense, if it succeeds, given the strength and organization of the Military, the Guard and the Reserve, this would represent a vast majority of the populace. An uprising that succeeds under this particular consideration would be one against a ruling authority so out of touch with the will of the people that it would collapse at the first show of force.

Think Bastille Day. Who wants cake?

The aftermath was pretty messy..

Very messy. The problem with Revolutionaries, in most cases, is that they excel at tearing down and building up is not so much on the radar screen.

They are marked by a vicious critique of the existing powers and then a void of ideas to actually improve the conditions of those that followed them into the void.

It just struck me. The Big 0 is a Revolutionary.

Last edited:
We were founded in rebellion. It is in our nature to rebel. If we ever lose that spirit we are done. We are crumbling and yes we can fully blame our leaders for its continuing demise. However, we haven't reached the mao, stalin, lenin, hitler, pol pot tipping points.....and I hope we never do.

In the spirit of the thoughts of Jeffereson, though, a revolution every couple of decades was pretty much what he was endorsing.

Later in his life, after witnessing the horrors of the French Revolution, Jefferson retracted and denounced his earlier words on this subject. But righties aren't into actual history. To listen to them, you'd think there was never a federalist/anti-federalist schism right from the beginnings of our nation.

Last edited:

<more>

An opressive government will not stop the opression, they will continue doing what they are doing. What is your suggestion for stopping it? Do you think they will stop because the people said to?
Since you mentioned the Constitution I suggest you read the second amendment. That gives us the common little people the authority.

Actually..I suggest you read it. My take is that it gave the right to citizens to defend their nation. My take is that the founders loathed the idea of "professional soldiers" under central authority. But that's another debate..or maybe not.

And exactly what do you mean by "oppression"? Have you been to a country where there is real oppression? Back when I was 15 I traveled to the Dominican Republic and Haiti when the governments there weren't so Democratic. Haiti is still a mess.

This year I went to China and Guatemala. While China doesn't seem so oppressed..lately..Guatemala sure as heck does.

So lets be clear on our protocols. What do you mean by Oppressed?

Why obey a government that doesn't obey the Constutution?

Clearly..it didn't under Bush. I can point that out.

Clearly..it does under Obama..and I can point that out.

Feel free to do the same. I love arguing the United States Constitution.

We were founded in rebellion. It is in our nature to rebel. If we ever lose that spirit we are done. We are crumbling and yes we can fully blame our leaders for its continuing demise. However, we haven't reached the mao, stalin, lenin, hitler, pol pot tipping points.....and I hope we never do.

Rebel but rebel peaceably. It's been codified in the Constitution peaceful means to address grievances.

An armed, violent revolution will not come from the GOP, the DNC, the Tea Party, or any political party.

It will start and end with the People.

Forum List

Back