Good for Charlie Crist

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Jun 27, 2009
Out here in the middle.
Gov. Charlie Crist vetoed a Republican-backed bill that would have required women seeking a first-trimester abortion to pay for an ultrasound exam and, with few exceptions, view the image or have it described to them by their doctor.

Crist vetoes Fla. abortion ultrasound measure - Decision 2010- msnbc.com

Whether you agree with abortion or not, it's impossible to deny that this procedure was nothing more than a cheap tactic to try and shame women out of getting an abortion.

There is absolutely no medical indication for it.

If this is what the Florida GOP is throwing up, it's easy to see why Crist left them.

Well fer sure we wouldn't want all those women to see that "baby" that they are getting ready to abort.

A good motto for the Democrat party.

join us, we support Infanticide as being YOUR CHOICE.:lol:

Gov. Charlie Crist vetoed a Republican-backed bill that would have required women seeking a first-trimester abortion to pay for an ultrasound exam and, with few exceptions, view the image or have it described to them by their doctor.

Crist vetoes Fla. abortion ultrasound measure - Decision 2010- msnbc.com

Whether you agree with abortion or not, it's impossible to deny that this procedure was nothing more than a cheap tactic to try and shame women out of getting an abortion.

There is absolutely no medical indication for it.

If this is what the Florida GOP is throwing up, it's easy to see why Crist left them.

such a requirement was intended to be and would have been abusive and harassing.

more loveliness from the small government rightwingnut loons...

good on Crist.

This is why normal people shouldn't be repubs.

so an ultrasound would of been harassing and intrusive for a woman.

I wonder if being aborted is harassing and intrusive for a baby?

people are sick sick sick, especially lefty-liberals

Well fer sure we wouldn't want all those women to see that "baby" that they are getting ready to abort.

I agree.

For now, Governor Crist has lost my vote in his Senate Campaign. Not only in regards to this particular issue but there have been other issues recently that have turned me aside.

I don't know enough about Marco Rubio and so far I have to wait and see who the Democrat nominee will be, but, Crist and I are at odds on too many things.

Immie

such a requirement was intended to be and would have been abusive and harassing.

good on Crist.

That's exactly what it was intended to be.

Especially in the 1st trimester. I don't delude myself into thinking middle ground will ever be reached on this issue. However, there are certain things that most everyone agrees on. For instance, I agree that there should be a ban on late term abortions (barring health complications). However, this targets women who are getting abortions in the first trimester.

It's just trying to use the law to try and manipulate people's choices. Regardless of the issue, the law shouldn't be about attempting to manipulate anyone.

I haven't always agreed with Crist, but I think I would support him (if I were a Florida voter - which I am not).

Blah, blah, blah, "dead babies". Blah, blah, blah, the ends always justify the means on this even if it's bad law. Blah, blah, blah.

Hey Stephanie, if these women are as evil as you think they are, do you really think an ultrasound is going to change their mind?

so an ultrasound would of been harassing and intrusive for a woman.

I wonder if being aborted is harassing and intrusive for a baby?

people are sick sick sick, especially lefty-liberals

Abortion is legal. That is the only relevant detail.

Making law to try and manipulate people to get around the fact that abortion is a legal procedure is an act of bad faith regardless of the issue.

Blah, blah, blah, "dead babies". Blah, blah, blah, the ends always justify the means on this even if it's bad law. Blah, blah, blah.

Hey Stephanie, if these women are as evil as you think they are, do you really think an ultrasound is going to change their mind?

blaa blaa blaa.
do you think if it "did" save one baby's life it would be a GOOD THING?
probably not.
so now go out and cast your vote for Christ just over this ONE subject.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't we want these women to take a moment to reflect, outside of their self, over the seriousness of this action?

Please take a moment to read this link. It's too big to quote.

In-Clinic Abortion Procedures - Planned Parenthood

Notice how there is ZERO MENTION of a fetus/baby/embryo????

women have already reflected BEFORE they make the decision to terminate a pregnancy.

we aren't stupid and we aren't children needing guidence to 'save us' from ourselves.

the rabid religious right needs to stop.

and the 80% of anti-choice activists who are men need to stay out of women's uteruses.

do you make men watch videos of people being killed in battle before going to war?

reflect on that.

Last edited:

good on Crist.

That's exactly what it was intended to be.

{snip so this reply is only seen as a reply to the quoted part of the post}

It's just trying to use the law to try and manipulate people's choices. Regardless of the issue, the law shouldn't be about attempting to manipulate anyone.

G-T-H,

I see it differently than you do. I see this as being an attempt to inform rather than harass. In my opinion, take that for what you will, the left wants to deceive mothers into believing their babies are not human. This law is intended to correct that mis-information.

It does not prevent an abortion should the mother choose to take it farther. It simply provides further information. And as for cost, ultrasounds should be a part of the procedure itself. I suspect any legitimate providers already have ultrasound machines so they are not going to have to go out and upgrade their equipment.

Why would the left not want to provide complete information, is what I want to know.

Immie

blaa blaa blaa.
probably not.

I don't think I could be anymore clear in my statements that this was bad law.

I don't live in FL, so I won't be voting for or against Crist. I just admire the fact that he stood up to the wingnuts in his former party.

As for this abortion being a "single issue voter" thing: please. That is never more true than in the anti-abortion camp.

blaa blaa blaa.
probably not.

I don't think I could be anymore clear in my statements that this was bad law.

I don't live in FL, so I won't be voting for or against Crist. I just admire the fact that he stood up to the wingnuts in his former party.

As for this abortion being a "single issue voter" thing: please. That is never more true than in the anti-abortion camp.

lol, since when did a lefty-liberal give a crap about a "bad" law that tries to impose morality on someone.

take abortion and gay marriage for starters.:lol:

Why wouldn't we want these women to take a moment to reflect, outside of their self, over the seriousness of this action?

Please take a moment to read this link. It's too big to quote.

In-Clinic Abortion Procedures - Planned Parenthood

Notice how there is ZERO MENTION of a fetus/baby/embryo????

women have already reflected BEFORE they make the decision to terminate a pregnancy.

we aren't stupid and we aren't children needing guidence to 'save us' from ourselves.

the rabid religious right needs to stop.

and the 80% of anti-choice activists who are men need to stay out of women's uteruses.

do you make men watch videos of people being killed in battle before going to war?

reflect on that.
97.3465% of statistics are made up.
Link?

G-T-H,

I see it differently than you do. I see this as being an attempt to inform rather than harass. In my opinion, take that for what you will, the left wants to deceive mothers into believing their babies are not human. This law is intended to correct that mis-information.

It does not prevent an abortion should the mother choose to take it farther. It simply provides further information. And as for cost, ultrasounds should be a part of the procedure itself. I suspect any legitimate providers already have ultrasound machines so they are not going to have to go out and upgrade their equipment.

Why would the left not want to provide complete information, is what I want to know.

Immie

I respect your opinion on the matter, I just disagree. I don't see this (now dead) bill as being terribly nuanced. I see it as an attempt to shame women into changing their minds. Obviously the law can't ban abortion, that would get struck down immediately. However, it attempts to co-erce people's decisions. That's just wrong. If you want to make a law then it should be a rather black and white matter (i.e. legal or illegal) not a matter of "Well, we can't make this illegal, so instead we are going to use the law to try and shame mothers into doing our bidding". Furthermore, it mandates an un-necessary medical procedure.

I really doubt that women who are undergoing an abortion need to be given a visual on the fact that they are about to terminate a life/fetus/baby (whatever semantics you adhere to on this issue).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back