Abortion Ban Would Allow Father To Sue For Emotional Distress

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) said this week that he would sign a ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy that does not contain exceptions for rape and incest victims, if the bill reaches his desk. The measure also contains a less-discussed provision that would allow the father to sue the doctor for "emotional and psychological distress" if he disagrees with the abortion, regardless of his relationship with the woman having the procedure.

Wisconsin Abortion Ban Would Allow Father To Sue For Emotional Distress

I truly believe that we have to put an end to abortion in America. But, as for the article... I don't agree with this law as the doctor is just performing his duties. If you want to change it to being able to sue that woman- it makes more sense. This issue is really important and hard to solve. We should remember that killing a baby inside the womb is the same as killing a baby outside the womb.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) said this week that he would sign a ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy that does not contain exceptions for rape and incest victims, if the bill reaches his desk. The measure also contains a less-discussed provision that would allow the father to sue the doctor for "emotional and psychological distress" if he disagrees with the abortion, regardless of his relationship with the woman having the procedure.

I truly believe that we have to put an end to abortion in America. But, as for the article... I don't agree with this law as the doctor is just performing his duties. If you want to change it to being able to sue that woman- it makes more sense. This issue is really important and hard to solve. We should remember that killing a baby inside the womb is the same as killing a baby outside the womb.

20 week bans are usually not upheld. They need to extend it to 24 weeks to make the viability standard.

Should ban all abortions except for rape, or when the reproductive health (have future babies et al.) or life of the mother is in jeopardy. Not for incest though. Not all incest is non-consensual, and when it is it's "rape" much moreso than "incest." Incest is redundant.

Just keep your pants on boys. Once it's out of your balls it's out of your control. Life can be unfair, now you know.

"Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) said this week that he would sign a ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy that does not contain exceptions for rape and incest victims, if the bill reaches his desk. The measure also contains a less-discussed provision that would allow the father to sue the doctor for "emotional and psychological distress" if he disagrees with the abortion, regardless of his relationship with the woman having the procedure."

Yeah, ain't gonna make it through the courts, not for a second.

Death penalty for babies is a human right. Death penalty for sadistic murderers is abhorrent.

Somehow, I don't see a lot of guys lining up at the courtroom door to sue for emotional distress over their girlfriend/mistress getting an abortion.

Somehow, I don't see a lot of guys lining up at the courtroom door to sue for emotional distress over their girlfriend/mistress getting an abortion.

A lot of people also don't use their right to a trial by jury, or to be secure against searches without a warrant, but its still nice to have them.

Death penalty for babies is a human right. Death penalty for sadistic murderers is abhorrent.
Nonpersons versus persons. And where in your faith did you get the notion that it was okay for you to play judge, jury, and executioner? It's isn't BTW.

But using the logic of anti-death penalty people, shouldn't extreme caution be used, JUST IN CASE?

Just keep your pants on boys. Once it's out of your balls it's out of your control. Life can be unfair, now you know.

It should be fair or unfair without regard to gender. Equality and all that stuff....

Nonpersons versus persons. And where in your faith did you get the notion that it was okay for you to play judge, jury, and executioner? It's isn't BTW.

But using the logic of anti-death penalty people, shouldn't extreme caution be used, JUST IN CASE?
When killing a person, yes. When killing what isn't a person, no. Reasonable medical procedures are all that's needed. That's what abortion is BTW, a medical procedure.

It should be fair or unfair without regard to gender. Equality and all that stuff....
When you can carry the kid inside you for nine months, you let us all know. When that happens you get to make the call and they don't. Happy now?

A lot of people also don't use their right to a trial by jury, or to be secure against searches without a warrant, but its still nice to have them.
It's a political gesture on the part of Walker. Primary season demagoguery.

Forum List

Back