Good and responsible idea to republish 'Mein Kampf'

Discussion in 'Europe' started by ekrem, Apr 25, 2012.

1. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    EUROPE - Jews welcome first annotated 'Mein Kampf' in Germany

It may be true, that 'Mein Kampf" was available before. But only to a very small group of people who - let's say - download it via Internet illegaly.
    It was not available to a wider audience because of the publishing rights held by Bavarian state and Bavaria's stance of not printing the book.

Now it will be available in Bookstores as the "property right" held by Bavaria is ending. From censorship to common knowledge.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  2. Artevelde

Artevelde Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +262
    It has been pretty widely available in bookstores for a long time, just not in Germany. It's actually a bit of a bestseller in some Arab and Muslim countries.

3. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,817

You might be interested in this:

1." Jan. 30, 1933, Adolf Hitler became the newly appointed Chancellor of Germany, Arabs throughout the Mideast petitioned to join the Nazi party.

a. Mein Kampf was rated 4th on the best-seller list among Palestinians in a survey conducted and reported in PA daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida. Source: Al-Hayat Al-Jadida (Fatah), Sept. 2, 1999

b. Books such as Mein Kampf,The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and The International Jew are high on Turkish bestseller lists, and are displayed prominently in the front of bookstores

c. There are even Palestinians whose first name is “Hitler”: Hitler Salah [Al-Hayat Al-Jadida (Fatah), Sept. 28, 2005], Hitler Abu-Alrab [Al-Hayat Al-Jadida (Fatah), Jan. 27, 2005], Hitler Mahmud Abu-Libda [Al-Hayat Al-Jadida (Fatah), Dec.18, 2000.]

2. There were thousands of Muslims who directly joined and aided the Nazi war efforts, forming at least three Waffen SS Divions. “These SS Jihadists assisted the Ustashi Croats in their slaughter of 800,000 Serbs and Jews.” Prophet of Doom - Islamic Clubs - Handschar Muslim Waffen SS Divisions

a. In Yugoslavia, Muslims and the Catholic Church formed the Ustashe, the most brutal of all Nazi forces: the German Croatian fuehrer, Dr. Ante Pavelic had a basket of 40 pounds of eyes on his desk. The guards in prison camp had a contest to see who could slit more throats in one night: the winner slit 1,350. The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem organized these squads."
    Edwin Black, “ The Farhud: The Roots of the Arab-Nazi Alliance in the Holocaust.”
    The lecture was broadcast on C-Span, January 22, 2011.

4. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Yes, them bad "Muslim countries".

"Mein Kampf": A bestseller in Brazil
    "Mein Kampf": ein Bestseller in Brasilien
    "Mein Kampf" ein Bestseller in Brasilien | Fazit | Deutschlandradio Kultur

Hitler’s “Mein Kampf” on India’s best sellers list
    Hitler

If a publisher/book-house publishes the book and makes it available in bookstores, it will become a bestseller.
    Likewise it will become a bestseller in Germany when a publisher makes it available in bookstores. Until first interest ebbs away.

5. Truthseeker420

Truthseeker420 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    says the Islamophobic bigot.

6. Artevelde

Artevelde Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +262
    While I abhor Nazism, I think it is unwise to ban books. Better for people to be able to read Hitler's nonsense if they want to. After all, Das Kapital and the Communist Manifesto aren't forbidden either.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Artevelde

Artevelde Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Does stating a fact make one an Islamophobic bigot? What a stupid reaction!

8. BluePhantom

BluePhantom Educator (of liberals)

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,137
    I tend to agree. The danger is banning a book, especially one like this one, is that when you begin to erase the pages of history they have a way of repeating themselves. This book should be freely bought and sold to those who wish to educate themselves. I would even go so far as to say it would be a valuable tool in a class regarding the holocaust and WWII. God forbid we forget the lessons the Nazi's taught us about what not to do. Tens of millions of people gave their lives so we would learn that lesson

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,817
    I agree....except for one.

Let's ban "Fahrenheit 451."

10. Caractacus

Caractacus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    As a political testimony the book is rambling, long-winded, and bombastic. As an autobiography I have the distinct feeling that Hitler was fibbing when I read it. I personally feel that Mein Kampf does indeed need to be kept in circulation, properly annotated in an objective manner, so that people can see, read it, and judge it for themselves. I don't really consider it an evil tome per se, merely the product of a warped mind.