Goldman Sachs Loses $2B----JUSTICE

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Bottom Line - Goldman Sachs exec Greg Smith quits, saying environment at firm is 'toxic'
Smith, who is based in London and has been with Goldman for 12 years, went on to describe what he says is a deteriorating culture at Goldman Sachs where clients are called "muppets" and their interests are given short shrift.

He just clarified what everyone already knew. Too bad the pols are "bought & paid for" in no small part due to & helped by the sham known as Citizens United :puke:

His resignation newspaper article: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/opinion/why-i-am-leaving-goldman-sachs.html?_r=1

Last edited:
Bottom Line - Goldman Sachs, roiled by 'Muppetgate,' loses $2 billion
The bank’s shares fell 3.3 percent in trading Wednesday as London-based Smith’s article set Wall Street and the media ablaze with discussion about the behavior of big banks bailed out by taxpayers after the financial crisis. The share price decline meant Goldman lost some $2 billion in market value. Its market capitalization is currently just short of $65 billion.

The bank where I worked had a totally different Ethos. They put it in a totally lame acronym:DIRFTC and they used to send out DIRFT notices anywhere from 3 to 10 times per week. It was Do It Right For The Customer. Tellers or bankers or whoever who solved a problem for a customer that made it come out right for both the customer and the bank. This was things like getting the customer a better product mix or fee reversals that resulted in large transfers of funds from competitors.

It wouldn't concern me so much but these people bankroll our politicians (buy elections) on both sides of the aisle so pols are VERY reluctant to call them out.

It may be weird, but Goldman has been on my list of companies I don't care for since the Tesebono crisis back in the mid 90s. They whipsawed the Mexican government on some dollar denominated loans that, after all the dust had settled, left the peso devalued to 10% and Goldman with a huge profit. And the Mexicans were their client.

Not being the kind of person who would be their client, I still am glad I don't do business with them.

FYI, I am saddened to see politicians on both the Dem and Republican party suck up so hard to Goldman Sachs. And by cracky, if you look close enough, well, holy cow! You'll see, Paulitician, that Lloyd Blankfein is in charge of things....Ya' think?

Looks like Obama's good buddy Jon Corzine got it all.

Typical Republican reaction: divert without responding to the subject. Karl Rove has trained you well. Now get back up on your drum, clap your flippers and I'll throw you some more chum.

Jon Corzine is one of your Dear Leader's closest friends. Looks like he plundered two Companies. But it should be Orange Jumpsuit time for him any day now. With any luck anyway.

It wouldn't concern me so much but these people bankroll our politicians (buy elections) on both sides of the aisle so pols are VERY reluctant to call them out.

Amen. Dylan Ratigan has been railing about this very thing for a couple of years now. But....HORRORS...how would the wingnuts know that since he's on MSNBC?

Typical Republican reaction: divert without responding to the subject. Karl Rove has trained you well. Now get back up on your drum, clap your flippers and I'll throw you some more chum.

Jon Corzine is one of your Dear Leader's closest friends. Looks like he plundered two Companies. But it should be Orange Jumpsuit time for him any day now. With any luck anyway.

G+S getting taken down a notch is a good thing, join the cheering section and save the partisan attacks for a partisan thread.

He's not my Dear Leader. I have never posted anything in favor of Obama on this board. But go ahead and presume your ass off. You are Fox Noise and the Koch Brothers' "muppets".

Amen. Dylan Ratigan has been railing about this very thing for a couple of years now. But....HORRORS...how would the wingnuts know that since he's on MSNBC?

:lol: Dylan Ratigan is a GE/NBC Obama-Bot. How often has he mentioned Obama's good buddy Jon Corzine? I'm guessing not at all.

G+S getting taken down a notch is a good thing, join the cheering section and save the partisan attacks for a partisan thread.

They are carefully trained to do nothing but attack. That's what I hate about the Republicans....Goddamn brownshirts.

They are carefully trained to do nothing but attack. That's what I hate about the Republicans....Goddamn brownshirts.

:lol: Yet you're a loyal MSLSD nutter-bot. You're funny.

:lol: Dylan Ratigan is a GE/NBC Obama-Bot. How often has he mentioned Obama's good buddy Jon Corzine? I'm guessing not at all.

You know absolutely nothing of Ratigan. He's one of Obama's worst critics. I bet you have Fox Noise on your iPod.

:lol: Yet you're a loyal MSLSD nutter-bot. You're funny.

You read the Wall Street Journal? Bloomberg? I do. Daily. You know nothing of me either. YOu're a knee-jerk brownshirt but the good news is that the right is eating its own. And it will be good riddance.[

Forum List

Back