Going to vote in Florida

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PredFan, Jan 31, 2012.

1. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,627
    It's 6:50 am, I'm taking my daughter to school and then going to vote. I'll be voting for Ron Paul this morning even though he has no chance. My personal philosophy is to vote my conscience in the primaries and then to support the winner in the general. Even if I have to hold my nose to do so. I had to hold it while I voted for McCain last time, and if it's Romney I'll have to use vice grips to hold my nose this time.

2. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,658
    Super.

I held my nose last time and voted for McCain as well.

Everyone should exercise that first and formost right. Voting.

3. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,475
    Even if Romney wins Floriduh, the nomination is not yet decided.

News of Romneys LIES about what he intends to do is being given away by many of his aides who sometimes speak truthfully. For example he has one aid who admitted that Obamacare is not touchable and will have to be reformed instead of repealed.

Romney Advisor: No Obamacare Repeal | RedState

The same article discusses how his aids are talking about instituting a VAT tax on top of all our other taxes, and an additional $2 a gallon gasoline tax, too.

When you look at Romneys aids you see what Romney really stands for, and it is BIG government liberal policies that will kick social conservatives in the teeth, raise our tax burden, and consolidate what the left has gained in the four years Obama has reigned.

Might as well just re-elect Obama as to vote for Romney.

And at this point in the nomination process (Floriduh primary), a vote for anyone other than Gingrich is in effect a vote for Romney. And since Romney cannot beat Obama, a vote for Romney is in effect a vote for another four years of Obama. Hell, I will vote Obama before I vote Romney anyway.

Conservatives keep falling for this Mutt and Jeff routine, where the establishment RINOs keep us voting for their lap dogs because if we dont that EEEEvil Democrat will win for sure. And despite the fact that every election the GOP has won since 1972 has been with a solid conservative at the top of the ticket.

Romney is not a conservative as his endorsements by McCain, Dole, all the closet liberals that palled around with Stockmen back in the Bush days, etc, demonstrate while Newt is getting the endorsements/support of Cain, Palin, Perry, Thompson, and more.

Conservatives need to get behind the top challenger against Romney in every state he runs in. I am going to vote for Paul here in Virginia, and though I like Paul, I am doing it as much to vote against Romney as to vote for Paul. If Santorum were the leading anti-Romney candidate in Virginia I would vote for him too.

Unless we want to end up with four more years of Obama instead of a real conservative in the White House, then we need to STOP ROMNEY FIRST by voting for his leading opponent and then go for who we think best once it is clear Romney can no longer buy the election. It seems that a brokered convention is our best shot at getting a solid conservative the nomination.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  4. Warrior102

Warrior102 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,029
    Who's Ron Paul?

5. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,475
    He is a guy who is helping Obama get re-elected by splitting libertarians from the conesrvative base.

6. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    "And despite the fact that every election the GOP has won since 1972 has been with a solid conservative at the top of the ticket."???????

[​IMG]

.....And, "despite" that "fact".....WHAT????? [​IMG]

How is it that "conservatives" manage to dispense with such Absolutes.....yet, can't manage to construct a complete-sentence/thought??
    :confused:

About the only option, for a Lib, is to point-out such an Absolute is.....

......because, no other complete-thought was expressed!

:eusa_whistle:

7. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,475

Yes, it is a fact. GOP nominees that ran as conservatives: Nixon 72, Reagan 80 & 84, Bush I 88, Bush II 2000 and 2004. Nominees who ran as RINOs Ford 76, Bush I 92, Dole 96 and McCain 2008.

The facts are the facts, dude, so dont get your panties in a wad when I merely point them out.

You mean kinda like what you just did?

lol​

8. Truthseeker420

Truthseeker420 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    Good for you PredFan, we shouldn't let anyone tell us our vote is wasted.

9. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Imagine if one million Floridians felt that way today. "I'm going to vote even though Ron Paul can't win I am going to vote for him"

10. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    No that's the GOP's job because they got behind Newt and Romney. two carbon copies of obama.