God's Anger Against The Wicked

Sinner, have you ever considered that God's searching eye is on you? Do you think of it whenever you lie down at night? If you should live so long and should lie down again on your bed, think of it then.

It's a scam invented by people who set themselves up as priests, and wanted to control people and make them give money to the church. It is an idea invented by religions before Orwell's 1984 where the state installs cameras in every house to watch everyone all the time.

You do not have to control people if they control themselves because they think God is watching them.
These type of verses address people who believe they are right and purposely only associate with people who agree with them.

"Does a Christian cease to be a Christian whenever he commits a sin?

"I answer: whenever he sins, he must for the time being cease to be holy...He must incur the penalty of the law of God. If it be said that the precept is still binding upon him, but that with respect to the Christian the penalty is forever set aside, I reply that to abrogate [set aside] the penalty is to repeal the precept, for a precept without penalty is no law. It is only counsel or advice. The Christian, therefore, is justified no longer than he obeys, and must be condemned when he disobeys...Until he repents he cannot be forgiven."
-Charles Finney

Suppose a Just man has a young son whom he loves very much. One day a wicked man moves into the neighborhood and soon the news comes that this man is a child molester who despises God and seeks to destroy the faith of the godly families living about him. One day the wicked man invites the Just man's son to come to his home and spend time with him. Should the father warn his beloved son to stay away from this wicked man and have nothing to do with him or should he give his son permission to keep company with the wicked? What would be the end result of such a foolish decision?

It is written:
Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.

For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.

But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
Proverbs 4:14-19
King James Version (KJV)

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
Amos 3:3

King David's Psalm

101 I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O Lord, will I sing.

2 I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.

3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

4 A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.

5 Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.

6 Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.

7 He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.

8 I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the Lord.

King James Version (KJV)

This sermon by Charles Finney describes the wicked according to Scripture, that God is angry with the wicked every day, the nature of his anger and the reason for God's anger against them. Finney expounds on the severity and longevity of God's wrath against the wicked in order to reveal the true condition of the sinner. Today many are not preaching the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. Wherever Finney traveled, revival followed. Above all, Finney was a man of prayer who lived a consecrated life unto God. If a man's heart is set upon the riches of this world how can he preach about the true riches which are only to be found in heaven? Is he not wicked for leading the sheep astray?

GOD'S ANGER AGAINST THE WICKED

Sermon by Prof. C.G. Finney.

Reported by The Editor.​

"God is angry with the wicked every day" --Psalm 7:11.

In speaking from this text I design to show briefly,

I. WHO ARE "WICKED" IN THE SCRIPTURE SENSE OF THIS TERM;

II. THAT GOD IS ANGRY WITH THEM;

III. THE NATURE OF THIS ANGER;

IV. THE REASONS FOR IT;

V. ITS DEGREE;

VI. ITS DURATION;

VII. THE TERRIBLE CONDITION OF SINNERS UNDER IT.

I. The Bible divides all the human race into two classes only; the righteous and the wicked. Those are righteous who have true faith in Christ, whose spirit is consecrated to God, who live a heavenly life on earth, and who have been renewed by the Holy Ghost. Their original selfishness is subdued and slain, and they live a new life through the ever present grace of Christ Jesus.

Right over against them in character are the wicked, who have not been renewed in heart--who live in selfishness, under the dominion of appetite in some of its forms, and it matters not in which out of all possible forms, it may be; but self is the great and only ultimate end of their life; these are in the scriptural sense, the wicked.

GOD'S ANGER AGAINST THE WICKED by Charles G. Finney
There is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists.

And any religion which seeks to compel conformity through threats and intimidation is itself hateful and devoid of worth and merit.

II. God is angry with the wicked. Our text explicitly affirms this. The same truth is affirmed and implied in numerous other passages. Let the sinner remember that this is the testimony of God himself. Who should better know the feelings of God towards sinners than God Himself does? Who on this point can gainsay what God affirms?

But this truth is also taught by reason. Every man in the exercise of his reason knows it ought to be true. If God were not opposed to the wicked, He would be wicked Himself for not opposing them.

What would you think of a judge who did not hate and oppose law-breakers? Would you think him an honest man if he did not take sides against transgressors? Every body knows that this is the dictate of reason and of common sense. Sinners know this, and always assume it in their practical judgments. They know that God is angry with them, and ought to be--though they may not realize it.

Sinners know many things which they do not realize. For instance, you who are in sin know that you must die; but you have more reason to be assured that God is angry with you than you have to be sure that you must die; for it is not necessarily so certain that you will die as it is that God is angry with you for your sin.

A deity that is in fact omnipotent would have no need for ‘anger,’ any deity that experiences any emotion of any kind is not omnipotent and unworthy of worship; indeed, such an entity would not be a deity, and its ‘word’ would have no authority.

Religion and ‘god’ are creations of man, imbued with man’s ignorance, fear, and imperfection.

III. The nature of this anger demands our attention. On this point it is important to notice negatively,

1. It is not a malicious anger. God is never malicious; never has a disposition to do any wrong in any way--to any being. He is infinitely far from such feelings, and from any such developments of anger.

2. His anger is not passion in the sense in which men are wont to exhibit passion in anger. You may often have seen men whose sensibility is lashed into fury under an excitement of anger; their very souls seem to be boiling with fermentation, so intense is their excitement. Reason for the time is displaced, and passion reigns. Now God is never angry in such a way. His anger against the wicked involves no such excitement of passion.

3. God's anger can not be in any sense a selfish anger; for God is not selfish in the least degree, but infinitely the reverse of it. Of course his anger against the wicked must be entirely devoid of selfishness.

Your religion is ridiculous.

If your ‘god’ is truly omnipotent, then it would have knowledge of future events, and not be ‘angered’ by those who are ‘wicked.’

Indeed, if your ‘god’ were truly omnipotent, it would be responsible for those who acted in a ‘wicked’ manner; how can your ‘god’ realize ‘anger’ when people act in accordance with your ‘god’s’ wishes.

If God is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent, he would know in advance that limited humans would err and commit sins. So why would he get angry.
The biblical God who supposedly drowned the people of Noah's time was a psychotic nutcase.
If someone gave you an incredible gift would you go out of your way to defy that person?

Would you?

The Lord told me to give you Isaiah 59:16, Indeependent.

Isaiah 59 King James Version (KJV)

59 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

3 For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.

4 None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.

5 They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper.

6 Their webs shall not become garments, neither shall they cover themselves with their works: their works are works of iniquity, and the act of violence is in their hands.

7 Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths.

8 The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.

9 Therefore is judgment far from us, neither doth justice overtake us: we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, but we walk in darkness.

10 We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes: we stumble at noon day as in the night; we are in desolate places as dead men.

11 We roar all like bears, and mourn sore like doves: we look for judgment, but there is none; for salvation, but it is far off from us.

12 For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them;

13 In transgressing and lying against the Lord, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.

14 And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.

15 Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the Lord saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.

16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.

18 According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.

19 So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.

20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.

21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Last edited:
If God is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent, he would know in advance that limited humans would err and commit sins. So why would he get angry.
The biblical God who supposedly drowned the people of Noah's time was a psychotic nutcase.
If someone gave you an incredible gift would you go out of your way to defy that person?

Would you?

The Lord told me to give you Isaiah 59:16, Indeependent.

Isaiah 59 King James Version (KJV)

59 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

3 For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.

4 None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.

5 They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper.

6 Their webs shall not become garments, neither shall they cover themselves with their works: their works are works of iniquity, and the act of violence is in their hands.

7 Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths.

8 The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.

9 Therefore is judgment far from us, neither doth justice overtake us: we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, but we walk in darkness.

10 We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes: we stumble at noon day as in the night; we are in desolate places as dead men.

11 We roar all like bears, and mourn sore like doves: we look for judgment, but there is none; for salvation, but it is far off from us.

12 For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them;

13 In transgressing and lying against the Lord, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.

14 And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.

15 Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the Lord saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.

16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.

18 According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.

19 So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.

20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.

21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain
Here, Jeremiah, is where you're wrong...
God gave me the ENTIRE Book of Isaiah, not a cherry picked chapter.
I suggest you study the ENTIRE Book and it's context within Jewish history.

II. God is angry with the wicked. Our text explicitly affirms this. The same truth is affirmed and implied in numerous other passages. Let the sinner remember that this is the testimony of God himself. Who should better know the feelings of God towards sinners than God Himself does? Who on this point can gainsay what God affirms?

But this truth is also taught by reason. Every man in the exercise of his reason knows it ought to be true. If God were not opposed to the wicked, He would be wicked Himself for not opposing them.

What would you think of a judge who did not hate and oppose law-breakers? Would you think him an honest man if he did not take sides against transgressors? Every body knows that this is the dictate of reason and of common sense. Sinners know this, and always assume it in their practical judgments. They know that God is angry with them, and ought to be--though they may not realize it.

Sinners know many things which they do not realize. For instance, you who are in sin know that you must die; but you have more reason to be assured that God is angry with you than you have to be sure that you must die; for it is not necessarily so certain that you will die as it is that God is angry with you for your sin.

A deity that is in fact omnipotent would have no need for ‘anger,’ any deity that experiences any emotion of any kind is not omnipotent and unworthy of worship; indeed, such an entity would not be a deity, and its ‘word’ would have no authority.

Religion and ‘god’ are creations of man, imbued with man’s ignorance, fear, and imperfection.
If you were God how would you describe Measure for Measure.
Humans describe it as Anger or Revenge.

Isaiah 59 is what is known as a chiasm...one's deeds come back to haunt them.
Isaiah 59:16 identifies the Messiah - Jesus Christ. Some time ago I read all 66 Chapter of Isaiah beginning before midnight. I finished reading it around 7:30 a.m. or so and I cannot tell you how many times I saw the Lord Jesus Christ revealed in those 66 Chapters. It was a continual flow of revelation.

How I look forward to the day that the precious Jewish people shall have the Messiah revealed to them! What a glorious day that will be! I will be so very happy for Jesus when that long awaited family reunion takes place. Josephs reunion with his own brothers will pale in comparison - although that story is a picture of Jesus Christ. Although He has disguised himself (even as Joseph did from his own family) from his brethren the day shall come when he will remove the veil and tell you - it was for a great deliverance! How many people should be grateful to the Jews for this opportunity to become a son / daughter of Abraham.

Isaiah is my book too, Indeependent. Inwardly I am a Jew and a daughter of Abraham.

Isaiah 59 is what is known as a chiasm...one's deeds come back to haunt them.
Isaiah 59:16 identifies the Messiah - Jesus Christ. Some time ago I read all 66 Chapter of Isaiah beginning before midnight. I finished reading it around 7:30 a.m. or so and I cannot tell you how many times I saw the Lord Jesus Christ revealed in those 66 Chapters. It was a continual flow of revelation.

How I look forward to the day that the precious Jewish people shall have the Messiah revealed to them! What a glorious day that will be! I will be so very happy for Jesus when that long awaited family reunion takes place. Josephs reunion with his own brothers will pale in comparison - although that story is a picture of Jesus Christ. Although He has disguised himself (even as Joseph did from his own family) from his brethren the day shall come when he will remove the veil and tell you - it was for a great deliverance! How many people should be grateful to the Jews for this opportunity to become a son / daughter of Abraham.

Isaiah is my book too, Indeependent. Inwardly I am a Jew and a daughter of Abraham.

59:16 does nothing of the sort.
Try reading from Genesis 1:1 until the end of Isaiah and get back to us.

Don't feel bad independent... Jeremiah sees Jesus in her bowl of cereal in the morning in her bacon lettuce and cheese sandwich at noon and her hot cocoa at night as the marshmellows line up to make his image and while trying to sleep she counts the images of him instead of sheep in her dreams...

I designed humans to have free will, knowing all the time they would do things I don't like...so when they did those things I get angry and try to kill them.

God may be a lot of things, but a good engineer ain't one of them.

The Jungle

If I run into a lion while wandering the prairies of Africa, I might feel frozen in fear.

If I run into a deadly shark while swimming off the coast of New Zealand, I might feel hysterical with panic.

A lion is mighty, while a shark is ruthless, and I would not want to face either, but both are spiritually symbolic.

We can't choose our fate, so we can try to evaluate how humans aren't animals.

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth." --- Matthew 5 (KJV)

animalia.jpg

Forum List

Back