Go Woke, Go Broke- Bed, Bath & Beyond Files For Bankruptcy

Don't ever let the progbots here gaslight you into believing that going woke is good for companies.
They use their typical tricks of cherry picking data or posting something minus the context & big picture.
BB&B dropped Mike Lindell's My Pillow products about 2 years ago & were celebrated by the cancel culture & SJ warriors that have an ends justify the means philosophy driven by really strong feelers & indoctrination.

Now- hello Chapter 11 & liquidation.

I guess those * :rolleyes: 81 million :rolleyes: * totally legit & not-fake-at-all Biden voters weren't enough to keep them open after they took sides in the culture war.

So many examples of go woke, go broke in action.
Bud Light
Disney
US military...

Thinking Bbby went belly up because they didn't sell crazy man's pillows is a new level of dumb

uh... yeah... this has nothing to do with wokeness.
And everything to do with massive changes in American consumer habits.
Gone are the days (for now at least) of Americans going to over priced branded brick and mortars to buy stuff they don't need cause it's fun.
That was the 80s-2000s.
Pretty much this. Amazon has pretty much turned main streets into social hubs instead of retail hubs.

Pretty much this. Amazon has pretty much turned main streets into social hubs instead of retail hubs.
Watching how everything has changed has not exactly been good.
When I was young, virtually everything was locally owned.
Exceptions were a Sears, JC Penney a couple discount box stores (regionally owned)
And a few chain restaurants.
By the time I went to high school the mall opened. All but one or two spots were chains.
One after another local hardware/appliance stores etc. closed to be replaced by regionally owned lumber stores and national appliance stores.
Soon the regionals all fell to be replaced by national big boxes. The mall was doubled in size, all local grocery stores failed, not one standing local hardware etc. Almost everything was chain retailers.
Today, and post Covid - the mall barely exist. Over half of it was torn down to build a Kroger and a few shops.
All of the Kmarts are gone, Sears is gone, JC Penney is gone, Bed Bath and Beyond is gone, Macy's gone.
Over half the restaurants are gone.

UPS, FedEx and the Post Office are humming around everywhere delivering boxes from Amazon.

No, they cancelled one of their biggest selling line of products as a virtue signal, pissed off many Americans who agree with Lindell & had trouble even finding stock for their shelves.
They go bankrupt in 2 years.
Totally self inflicted wounds at a time when retail stores were struggling anyway, that's the bad management.
They dropped Lindell's line. I agree that it was a "woke" related mistake. Will the boycott of Bud lite signal the end of Anheuser -Bush?

They dropped Lindell's line. I agree that it was a "woke" related mistake. Will the boycott of Bud lite signal the end of Anheuser -Bush?
I remember when the conservatives were going to shut down the NFL. That was funny, my drinking buddies at the brewery would go on and on about not watching or going to NFL games, ain't never coming back. That was on Friday night. Tuesday they talked about the weekend of Football and by Friday they were boycotting again.

Forum List

Back