Go Cubbies

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
Okay I am getting tired of all this constant talk about the cheatriots.With the football season long over with,people really need to be discussing baseball now so I thought it was time to make a thread about it here.

Looks like the ESPN sportspeople were correct last year when they mentioned how the Cubs came on strong towards the tail end of the season last year the last couple months of the season and could be good this year.

I remember them saying back then that they came on strong the last couple months and had some good young ballplayers that could turn their franchise around this season. Them being the Cubs and all I was naturally skeptical then and said to myself back then-Yeah sure,I'll believe it when I see it.

Well they were indeed correct.They saw that they had a good nucleus of players they could build on for a promising season this year.The Cubs were clearly building something for the future.

Guess its not TOO surprising I guess.when you have been that horrible for so long,eventually after getting the first pick in the draft for so long,you gotta figure your going to get a lot of talented players eventually.

This is always the standard point of the season when the Cubs are in the cellar and already out of it with the season already over with for them.

The Cubs are my favorite team in the National League so I am loving this.

In fact the last couple years have been totally awesome for me because my three favorite teams the Royals,Cubs,and the Pirates are ALL winning when as i said before,this point of the season,the year is already over and done with for them.

their fortunes have changed.yahoo.:thup::banana::dance:

I love it that the Cubs AND Pirates are winning in their division.The Pirates are really surprising to me because i figured they would be back to their losing ways again this year after losing their catcher to free agency so I really give them credit for that.

The only thing thats keeping it from being perfect is I wish it was the Reds the Pirates and Cubs were chasing.I so much hate Stank Louis sports teams.The Blues are okay though I guess.got nothing against them.Oh well,cant win them all.cant have everything you want in life.

Last edited:
billy_goat_saturnine_94112_l.jpg

:biggrin:

Okay I am getting tired of all this constant talk about the cheatriots.With the football season long over with,people really need to be discussing baseball now so I thought it was time to make a thread about it here.

Looks like the ESPN sportspeople were correct last year when they mentioned how the Cubs came on strong towards the tail end of the season last year the last couple months of the season.

I remember them saying back then that they came on strong the last couple months and had some good young ballplayers that could turn their franchise around this season. Them being the Cubs and all I was naturally skeptical then and said to myself back then-Yeah sure,I'll believe it when I see it.

Well they were indeed correct.They saw that they had a good nucleus of players they could build on for a promising season this year.The Cubs were clearly building something for the future.

This is always the standard point of the season when the Cubs are in the cellar and already out of it with the season already over for them.

In fact the last couple years have been totally awesome for me because my three favorite teams the Royals,Cubs,and the Pirates are ALL winning when as i said before,this point of the season,the year is already over and done with for them.

I love it that the Cubs AND Pirates are winning in their division.The Pirates are really surprising to me because i figured they would be back to their losing ways again this year after losing their catcher to free agency so I really give them credit for that.

The only thing thats keeping it from being perfect is I wish it was the Reds the Pirates and Cubs were chasing.I so much hate Stank Louis sports teams.The Blues are okay though I guess.got nothing against them.Oh well,cant win them all.cant have everything you want in life.
I've been a pirate fan since 1948. I always want to see the Cubs win if the Pirates don't.

Looks like the ESPN sportspeople were correct last year when they mentioned how the Cubs came on strong towards the tail end of the season last year the last couple months of the season.

This is always the standard point of the season when the Cubs are in the cellar and already out of it with the season already over for them.

I've been a pirate fan since 1948. I always want to see the Cubs win if the Pirates don't.

My perfect scenario would be to have the Cubs and Pirates play each other in the NL championship game and the winner play the Royals.I would love it if it was the Royals and Pirates because that would assure a small market team of winning the world series.

If it was the Royals and Cubs I would also love that as well because if the Royals win,that assures a small market club winning it all and if its the Cubs,then Im very happy about that as well because they have suffered for so long.

I sure hope the Cubs and Pirates can both make it back to the world series sometime in the next couple years.that would be great.they deserve it.

The Royals just GETTING THERE last year,that was far more than I ever hoped for.that will keep me smiling for many years to come the fact that they went the longest of any sports team ever I believe,to miss the playoffs for so long.i waited so long for that to happen.Pirate and Cub fans really deserve a world series trip more than anybody out there.

Last edited:

Darkwind if your going to act childish and not contribute to the topic,dont post.grow up.
No sense of humor I see.

You do realize its a fucking game, right? There is no life or death...there are no children who will be saved....economies won't stop working...Radicalized liberals will still remain stupid.....

Get a grip....or don't post
my post STILL stands.You are not contributing anything here,go away.

Forum List

Back